PDA

View Full Version : Woah... Aftermarket headlights... has anyone seen these?

mysvxrocks
06-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I saw this when looking through SVX pics last night... It is the first time I have seen these, and I think they look good. Does anyone know about these?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/beaky20002000/1066081511_4ee7c286ee_o.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/beaky20002000/2-12.jpg

-Dennis

SilverSpear
06-22-2008, 01:20 AM
These are not SVX headlights. They are more like old Nissan Altima's

michael
06-22-2008, 05:44 AM

They look like a very high quality custom set. I'd be a monkeys uncle if they don't fit an SVX. Props to whoever did them even tho they are a little ricey.

SilverSpear
06-22-2008, 06:13 AM
They look like a very high quality custom set. I'd be a monkeys uncle if they don't fit an SVX. Props to whoever did them even tho they are a little ricey.

You are a monkeys uncle because they don't fit the SVX :lol:

Do you know how I know? Because I was working on a set back home, wanted to integrate them into the SVX headlights. Then I moved to Qatar... :o

Mike621
06-22-2008, 07:23 AM
I have seen these before. If I am not mistaken, they are stock SVX lights with an angel-eye conversion. They look similar to Nissan Silvia lights though.

http://digiads.com.au/carsales/used-cars/car_ad_photos/digiads_car_ads_87588_1.jpg

zavikan
06-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Yes, Angel Eyes DO fit in the stock housing. Yes, those ARE stock housings. And NO this isn't the first time its been done.
:repost:

mysvxrocks
06-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Well I think they look good. How hard is it to do something like this? These were with a bunch of SVX pics, so I thought maybe he did them custom or something. (The rest of the pics were a poor SVX which was riced to the max... :mad: ) But these do look high quality, and triple projectors would be nice. I dont think these are ricey, they come in higher end cars like BMW stock. Granted there are cheapy sets for civics and crap that do look horrible, but these arent that way. Somone should market something like this...

Mike, I looked up that car on Ebay that you posted... These are the exact lights out of that car :(

I found the exact pics... So depressing, lol. I was getting my hopes up for maybe no more yellow headlights :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-S13-Silvia-Nissan-HALO-Demon-Angel-Eyes-headlight_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33709QQihZ001 QQitemZ110168199906QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V#ebaypho tohosting

michael
06-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Yes, Angel Eyes DO fit in the stock housing. Yes, those ARE stock housings. And NO this isn't the first time its been done.
:repost:

Stock Nissan? What about them doesn't fit Silver Spear? I ask because some nissan parts are a direct fit for the SVX.

SilverSpear
06-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Stock Nissan? What about them doesn't fit Silver Spear? I ask because some nissan parts are a direct fit for the SVX.

Not these. Those ones differ in their height and their outer edges... ;)

I was working on installing their cores, but that is really a very difficult job to do.. well you need to keep the beams direction correct. The angel eyes are easy then...

Speedklix
06-22-2008, 05:00 PM

If it were not for the width and angle of the edges (which could just be the way they were photographed) I would assume mid to late 90s nissan as well.
If they are SVX, then there have been other front end lighting mods as well... special attention to were the fog light would be on the svx.

Speedklix
06-22-2008, 05:03 PM
...everytime I look at them, they look more and more like SVX :lol:
...I still don't see the level indicators though

It's Just Eric
06-22-2008, 10:23 PM
housing is diffrent, lense is diffrent. The overall dimentions look similar, but they definently dont look the same

Guyver280z
06-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Just open up your stock headlights and install a couple of this universal angel eye projectors... as easy as it can gets

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/Guyver280z/Angel.gif

Not bad if you combine them with clear headlight covers... I think I found a nice weekend project!!! :)

mysvxrocks
06-23-2008, 06:28 PM
How are you supposed to aim those? Are they for both high beam and fogs? I assume you would leave the low beams, as those are already projectors.

Is it just me, or do those ones look small?

SilverSpear
06-24-2008, 12:57 AM
How are you supposed to aim those? Are they for both high beam and fogs? I assume you would leave the low beams, as those are already projectors.

Is it just me, or do those ones look small?

You can always remove the glowing part of these projectors and custom fit them inside the SVX headlights. If it was I to buy them, I would ask the seller to take the diameter of those rings first. Try also to find those as standalone without buying the projectors, I think they exist (too lazy to look them up myself).

Guyver280z
06-24-2008, 08:58 AM
SVX's already comes with projectors, lets say, you can fit Xenons on the original projectors and then just tget the non projector halo foglights and stick them inside the headlight with regular bulbs.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/Guyver280z/Halo.jpg

subeman90
06-24-2008, 09:53 AM
please explain to me what good "angel eyes" are? is it just bling or????

Lockleaf
06-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Those are straight up 100% Nissan Silvia lights. Those two pictures are from an advertisment by a company called Demon Eyes who specializes in making halos for factory headlight setups. Trust me on this. I've been playing with Nissan S13's a hell of a lot longer than with my SVX. Nissan Sil-80 with a 300zx twin-turbo motor is my baby project that i'm in the middle of. I want those headlights once I get to the body work.

Silvia's came with 3 headlight options, two of which have been shown here. The ones with the halos are the triple projector style. The photo of the Silvia has the double projector style (the amber bulb is not projector) and the then there is the fairly rare "dual brick" standard halogen style headlight.

I've been playing with moving a 240sx bumper onto my svx just to see how much work it would take to make it all fit though. they have the same basic shape, just minor differences in where the curve on the nose is located.

mysvxrocks
06-24-2008, 11:45 AM

Yup, looks, lol. I would be more interested in the triple projector setup, over looks though.

Guyver280z
06-24-2008, 04:09 PM

They are made for exactly the same reason of the rearwing, the double window, the translucent front grille and other decorative parts on an SVX... and any other car.

As simple as a different look, same reason cars come in different colors, or they get "facelifts" with newer style headlights.... for looks.

;)

WestCoastSVX
06-25-2008, 02:06 PM
I've had my clear-lenses SVX headlight set apart on my workbench for weeks trying to determine how I could get a triple projector set up to look good in there. As well as some other options like possibly color matching the inside of the headlight housings to the body, or putting a line of LED's along the bottom like the R8. The clear lenses leave lots of options, but also are unforgiving if anything looks less than perfect - no lines or cloudy plastic to hide behind.

svxman07
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
anyone know a link or company to where i can find these light kits so i can order them?

LetItSnow
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
...the double window...
It actually allows for the shape of the car above the beltline. Try making it so curved with full windows! :)

Mensaf
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I saw this when looking through SVX pics last night... It is the first time I have seen these, and I think they look good. Does anyone know about these?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/beaky20002000/1066081511_4ee7c286ee_o.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/beaky20002000/2-12.jpg

-Dennis

240sx jdm healights. S13 Silvia. Google it, I have like 6 pairs of these at home from old cars.

nsm484
02-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Holy Thread Ressurection, Batman!

SilverSpear
02-04-2010, 06:27 AM

You are a monkeys uncle because they don't fit the SVX :lol:

Do you know how I know? Because I was working on a set back home, wanted to integrate them into the SVX headlights. Then I moved to Qatar... :o

Sorry about my previous replies in this thread, I meant I was working on a set of nissan headlights to integrate them into the svx's... those headlights came from the JDM version of your Nissan Cefiro. It is called Datsun Laurel 2.4L in our market (as well as in Japan). Again I tell you all, it is very hard to modify the SVX headlights or integrate something else in them. They are angled in their bottom end making any neat modification, next to impossible.

Here is a picture of it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Nissan_Cefiro_1988.JPG