PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get forged engine(EG33) components?

Koveras
06-16-2008, 07:48 PM
:confused:

Wikedjuggalo
06-16-2008, 07:51 PM
:confused:

Lan can help you out~

Koveras
06-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Lan can help you out~

Any contact info?

TomsSVX
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Lan can help you out~

You cannot get the components alone anymore. I am working with svxfiles on getting a set of pistons made for us... Still undecided as to what company we want to use.

Tom

Wikedjuggalo
06-16-2008, 08:29 PM
You cannot get the components alone anymore. I am working with svxfiles on getting a set of pistons made for us... Still undecided as to what company we want to use.

Tom

Sorry to mislead >.<

Koveras
06-16-2008, 08:36 PM
What about "ecotune"? Dead end?

TomsSVX
06-16-2008, 08:37 PM
well you can get a full engine from him... But with the price tag I wouldn't buy it without a warranty.

Tom

joe62890
06-16-2008, 09:29 PM
We talking low or high compression? Possible to get a company to produce both so that those looking to go N/A and those looking to go F/I will have a choice?

lhopp77
06-17-2008, 07:50 AM
What about "ecotune"? Dead end?

LAN "ecutune" was going to sell off his in stock parts, so you might send him a message to see if he has anything you need.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44630

Lee

mikecg
06-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Buy my car and you get a 6-speed converted car with a supercharger kit and all the parts for a built engine along with a complete spare.

RallyBob
06-17-2008, 10:18 AM

Tom

How soon are you thinking about doing this?

I'm going to have to start looking into this as well very soon. 13:1 compression 'stroker' pistons anyone?:D

joe62890
06-17-2008, 10:26 AM
How soon are you thinking about doing this?

I'm going to have to start looking into this as well very soon. 13:1 compression 'stroker' pistons anyone?:D

I'd rather have like some 8.5:1 low compression pistons with high boost.

TomsSVX
06-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Bob, depends, Tom and I are looking at different options.. he wants high C/R pistons with a raise pin location for a stroker, while I am looking for 8.5 C/R forged for turbo motors... Maybe we can all get together on this... I hae CP pistons in my motor but have been thinking of doing Weisco for the next run... Still up in the air

Tom

TomsSVX
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
LAN "ecutune" was going to sell off his in stock parts, so you might send him a message to see if he has anything you need.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44630

Lee

What I got from that was the he was not longer offering the components alone... Maybe I read it wrong

Tom

odepaj
06-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Bob, depends, Tom and I are looking at different options.. he wants high C/R pistons with a raise pin location for a stroker, while I am looking for 8.5 C/R forged for turbo motors... Maybe we can all get together on this... I hae CP pistons in my motor but have been thinking of doing Weisco for the next run... Still up in the air

Tom

I've heard great things about Wiseco and thats where I am going for my pistons.

The Wiseco EJ22T pistons are EXTREMELY light weight.

TomsSVX
06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
I've heard great things about Wiseco and thats where I am going for my pistons.

The Wiseco EJ22T pistons are EXTREMELY light weight.

But they won't work well in an EG33

Tom

odepaj
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
But they won't work well in an EG33

Tom

Im just saying that they are light and still a quality product.

TomsSVX
06-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Gotcha, well I am in no hurry to get another set of pistons... I still have mine which are fine but if I was going to build another motor I would be more interested

Tom

Schralper
06-17-2008, 04:39 PM
i'd like ta get some 11 or 12:1 pistons.
:cool:

oab_au
06-17-2008, 04:42 PM

I have always had very good results with Wiseco forged pistons in both two and four stroke engines.

Harvey.

svxfiles
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I have always had very good results with Wiseco forged pistons in both two and four stroke engines.

Harvey.

I was speaking with Jake Moran at the last autocross, and he always uses Wiseco forged pistons in the Subaru engines he builds.
They have 750 and more hp out of 2.5 Subaru turbos!!!!!:eek::D
they are quiet for forged pistons as well.:)
more later.
Tom

lhopp77
06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
What I got from that was the he was not longer offering the components alone... Maybe I read it wrong

Tom

The way I read it is that you are correct---AFTER he sells off current shelf inventory. But, then maybe I read it wrong ;).

Lee

TomsSVX
06-18-2008, 10:34 AM
either way... Looking for alternatives never hurts... Not to mention it will hurt the wallet a lot less

Tom

Koveras
06-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Buy my car and you get a 6-speed converted car with a supercharger kit and all the parts for a built engine along with a complete spare.

How much is the fish? :rolleyes:

mikecg
06-19-2008, 09:28 AM
How much is the fish? :rolleyes:

Posted it for $26,000, have over $30,000 in it. And I'm willing to haggle. I just got married and need to pay off the bills so we can buy a house. It's posted on in the forsale section.

Phast SVX
06-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Everyone wants to build this build that order this order that, but why not just make baby steps towards your goals? Build the turbo kit, make sure it its sorted at lower boost levels on a fresh stock engine. Then you can enjoy some fun while you take your time with the fully built motor, if at that point you decide that you still have something to be desired. I can tell you this.

Unless you are rich(and if you are on this message board right now you probably do not meet the definition) you should never attempt to build, or own a machine that you have not or cannot tame in your garage.

odepaj
06-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Everyone wants to build this build that order this order that, but why not just make baby steps towards your goals? Build the turbo kit, make sure it its sorted at lower boost levels on a fresh stock engine. Then you can enjoy some fun while you take your time with the fully built motor, if at that point you decide that you still have something to be desired. I can tell you this.

Unless you are rich(and if you are on this message board right now you probably do not meet the definition) you should never attempt to build, or own a machine that you have not or cannot tame in your garage.

Baby steps also make it easier to diagnose problems along the way :lol:

Dustin