PDA

View Full Version : PowerGrid Endlinks Group Buy feeler

sabin
06-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey guys i own a aftermarket parts company specializing in mini coopers. One of the companies i deal with is Power Grid, they make some sweet adjustable end links. i was thinking of upgrading mine and saw there was a demand for them here. They are $155 a pair msrp, i will call and see what i can get them for if we do a group buy.
This is what they look like
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/nypepper/MINIRearLinks2.jpg

let's start an interested list

Nomad
06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
heumm ... what does it do ? lool I just found out what were sway bars ...
:)

odepaj
06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
+1 Interested

RSVX
06-13-2008, 01:53 PM
I thought I would chime in here and let the public know that this member contacted the Admin staff prior to listing this.

He wanted to make sure we were OK with him offering this possibility. That says a lot in my book.

This is in no way an endorsement, and as usual buyer beware.

RSVX
06-13-2008, 01:56 PM
heumm ... what does it do ? lool I just found out what were sway bars ...
:)

From their web page:

Power Grid (http://www.powergridinc.com/swaybar.asp)

odepaj
06-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Would these be fronts or rears? Or both?

Seems like before we do anything with the front we need to move the endlink mount on the front struts to a different location.

SilverSpear
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
If you can get a very interesting price, I would be interested also...

But is there any other company specializing with these endlinks?

If I still remember correctly, the SVXi are 14mm studs...

sabin
06-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Would these be fronts or rears? Or both?

Seems like before we do anything with the front we need to move the endlink mount on the front struts to a different location.

Fronts for now, i'm looking in to the rears

wawazat??
06-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm the SVX test pilot for these.

Chip, owner of PowerGrid, offers a rear set as well though the offset has him concerned. I contacted him over a year ago for a full set and have used them on my SVX for both semi-daily driving as well as some pretty extensive autocross activity last season. They have performed well. Bill, aka SVXride, and Chris, aka GreenMarine, have also installed a front set.

I haven't offered up a group buy as I've posted information before and gotten little to no response. Combine that with the difficulty in getting people to commit to my Koni group buy and I didn't pursue it.

Todd

sabin
06-14-2008, 04:30 PM
by the way the fronts on the svx are only a hair longer than the rears on a mini cooper

SVXRide
06-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm the SVX test pilot for these.

Chip, owner of PowerGrid, offers a rear set as well though the offset has him concerned. I contacted him over a year ago for a full set and have used them on my SVX for both semi-daily driving as well as some pretty extensive autocross activity last season. They have performed well. Bill, aka SVXride, and Chris, aka GreenMarine, have also installed a front set.

I haven't offered up a group buy as I've posted information before and gotten little to no response. Combine that with the difficulty in getting people to commit to my Koni group buy and I didn't pursue it.

Todd

and my source goes and reveals himself to the public...so much for intrigue and secret identities:lol::lol:

-Bill

ridered777
06-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Would these net a worthwhile improvment on an otherwise stock suspension system, or are these really only for those who AutoX?

I might be interested, but it just seems like a hefty price for something which I'm not sure of the purpose...:rolleyes:

wawazat??
06-16-2008, 11:38 AM
With the "slop" evident in the stock suspension myriad rubber bushings (now old and degraded rubber bushings) as well as the stock springs, struts, and anti-sway bars being tuned for comfort rather than performance, I doubt you'd be able to feel the benefit. Mine OEM pieces were dead and rattling, I have the Koni/GC suspension set-up and a performance alignment and only use my SVX for play and autoX. I must say I couldn't feel a difference but I don't have to worry about them failing or rattling any more.

Todd

ridered777
06-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Thanks Todd.

Doesn't sound like a worthwhile investment for me. I appreciate the info though!;)

Nomad
06-18-2008, 08:05 AM
+1 :rolleyes:

SilverSpear
06-18-2008, 09:21 AM
If you want to stay on OEM suspension, then the OEM endlinks are fine.

But for those who have a stiff Koni/GC kits, that is a must... (Or you will risk changing endlinks faster than changing engine oil)

SilverSpear
06-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Guys I was browsing Ebay for endlinks and I came across these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perrin-EVO-VIII-IX-Adjustable-Rear-Sway-Bar-End-Links_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el12 47QQcategoryZ107063QQihZ021QQitemZ310062239356QQrd Z1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Well having "Perrin" stuff showing under our babies is something really :cool:

And for near $100 I think this is the correct price for high quality endlinks (besides Chip in PowerGrid doesn't reply emails and his phone is always on answering machine)

Do you think we can custom fit a set in our SVXi?

NikFu S.
06-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I'd buy this, if the price was right and installation isn't too involved.

SilverSpear
06-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd buy this, if the price was right and installation isn't too involved.

I wish I was near my car, I would take some accurate measurements of the front endlinks and start calling and emailing sellers...

Anyone care to take some measurements?

sabin
06-28-2008, 02:31 PM
i would never buy some cheap chinese crap with a perrin logo on it
i've had too many bad experiences with both perrin and alta their mini cooper brand
i had their endlinks on my mini and they made tons of noise then one bent at an autocross

SilverSpear
06-28-2008, 02:38 PM
i would never buy some cheap chinese crap with a perrin logo on it
i've had too many bad experiences with both perrin and alta their mini cooper brand
i had their endlinks on my mini and they made tons of noise then one bent at an autocross

Chinese?? :eek:

How can you tell?

sabin
06-28-2008, 11:45 PM
i know the owners of a company that made parts for perrin until perrin decided it was cheaper to outsource their production to china

SilverSpear
06-29-2008, 12:21 AM
I think that kills all interest with Perrin. Any other company in mind?

SuberNatural
12-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Looks just like outer tie-rod ends with a custom length tie rod....

TomsSVX
12-10-2008, 04:21 PM
can we get some billet aluminum or steel heads on these??? either that or longer shanks so we don't pull the threads out??

Tom

siceclipse
12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
if someone wants to send me an extra set of rear links, ill give em to my buddy who does work with stainless, aluminium, hardened steel, whatever you want.

most likely aluminum.

he just needs something to work with measurement wise to start off with.

svxfiles
12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I installed some stock Mini front anti sway bar end links a while back.
I had to drill out the anti sway bar itself so that the replacements would fit.
It took alot of time to drill the stock bar to the requisite size.:(
The pivots were of a more substantial size, bit the rods were the same size as ours.
I have noticed no differance.

This does not say that THESE would not be an improvement, just that you have to drill out the hardened anti sway bar....
Expect to spend two hours on the install.
Tom

Tim
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Tom

YTWBDBN? :D

svxfiles
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
YTWBDBN? :D

urab1+c#:p

SVXRide
12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
can we get some billet aluminum or steel heads on these??? either that or longer shanks so we don't pull the threads out??

Tom

Gee, and how do we know this? :rolleyes:;)
-Bill

TomsSVX
12-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Gee, and how do we know this? :rolleyes:;)
-Bill

Gotta learn the hard way sometimes:p

Tom

sabin
12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
I installed some stock Mini front anti sway bar end links a while back.
I had to drill out the anti sway bar itself so that the replacements would fit.
It took alot of time to drill the stock bar to the requisite size.:(
The pivots were of a more substantial size, bit the rods were the same size as ours.
I have noticed no differance.

This does not say that THESE would not be an improvement, just that you have to drill out the hardened anti sway bar....
Tom

i have few sets of stock mini links if any on wants a set, how does $10 sound ?

SuberNatural
12-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Picture? Reason for the "mini"?

LMK

svxfiles
12-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Picture? Reason for the "mini"?

LMK

The length is correct, the design is almost the exact same, and the pivots are larger.

SuberNatural
12-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, if you show me a picture Sabin, I'll buy them. Paypal ready if thats your preferred.