PDA

View Full Version : SVX in breakers

TonyShaleUK
06-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Doing the 'University taxi run' today, went past Chesterfield Motor Spares. White SVX being broken - bit of a mess, most panels damaged, no bonnet, most of the lower body cladding gone. Most of front-end gone. Eng/gbox "thrown away as it was damaged on the underside" (!!!!!!!!). One front strut & driveshaft assy left. Rear suspension in place. Most of interior there, but looked sorry (no glass, doors open) incl dash. Rear bumper, lights and boot mainly undamaged (but no boot struts, as they are now on my car opening my boot like it has never done before! - a result from the weekend!!). Tphone 01246 861999 if you need to. Very friendly.

From the weekend, I now hope to get the proper paint colour for my Jap import and I have the Chilton's manual on order from Halfords.

svxistentialist
06-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Tony,

Don't forget my post about the Oz rhd Subaru manuals. They cost the lads down under $190Au, I think about £90 Stg. Looks dear at first glance, but they are factory workshop, and are very big and comprehensive.

Joe

Are the headlights broken on the car??
:)

TonyShaleUK
06-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Joe,

Thanks for the reminder of the upside-down manual. Maybe an early Chrissie present!

'fraid only the front wings survive - no x-member ro anything else from the nose left!

I remember from the meet that a few bits were on 'wish lists' - just to save the trouble, the steering wheel boss is non-airbag and does not have the radio remote buttons. It doesn't have the high level rear brake light either. Sorry!

Jamsvx
06-18-2002, 01:55 AM
I'll be putting up a post very shortly about RHD manuals

James

Arthur-UK
07-09-2002, 02:01 PM
My son called by the breaker yard and got a few bits for me, including the drivers door windowlift switch pack. He said the car was seriously smashed up, with all the external panels damaged, but internal trim mainly OK although all the glass has gone and it is out in the weather.

Jamsvx
08-07-2002, 10:08 PM
Any chance of some photos???

Thanks

James