PDA

View Full Version : Poly. bushings

black beast
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Was there a group buy for a complete set of polyurithane bushings? My rubber ones are shot, but I want to get the poly ones, if they are offered.

It's Just Eric
05-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes. a search yields many results

There are part numbers for compatable bushings that can be found at most parts stores, or you can contact Earthworm about his custom run of poly bushings

YourConfused
05-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I thought the control arm bushing run failed, didn't it?

What bushings are we talking about anyway, swaybar, diff, other???

Hondasucks
05-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I need diff bushings (the ones in the cross bar, above the rear diff) as both mine are torn and my car makes a nice "THUNK" if you turn while backing up.

It's Just Eric
05-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Bush, bushes, bushings....

Um, Right. I was originally mentioning swaybar bushings.

Mr. Sucks, if your sure the thunking is from the rear diff bushings, might I suggest the solid polyurethane bushings offered by both tom's? Ive had a set in my black car for a while, and I KNOW they arent going anywhere soon...money well spent:cool:

YourConfused
05-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Bush, bushes, bushings....

Um, Right. I was originally mentioning swaybar bushings.

Mr. Sucks, if your sure the thunking is from the rear diff bushings, might I suggest the solid polyurethane bushings offered by both tom's? Ive had a set in my black car for a while, and I KNOW they arent going anywhere soon...money well spent:cool:

How much and how hard to do?

I am sure mine are toast too. I replaced motor mounts, diff mount and the horrid noises just get worse. I am thinking carrier bearing support is bad too.

LetItSnow
05-15-2008, 05:09 AM
I got a set from YT, and in the process of replacing them, found that the center was all but gone. The center plunked right out into my buddy's hand!

lilbrudder
05-15-2008, 09:15 AM
energy suspension bushings, got them at Checker auto. need slight mod to fit fronts, there's a how-to on the board somewhere.

diff bushings, made them with 3m window weld, work perfect, easy to do better than OEM.