PDA

View Full Version : What is map updrades from PDX tuning?

Stock_Svx_owner
05-01-2008, 03:00 PM
ok, so I am looking at a few things at PDXTuning in Portland, OR and I wanted to know what they are. "PDXTuning offers map upgrades for both EcuTek and Cobb Access Port. Map sets start at $150, contact us to find out if your configuration can be supported by our off the shelf map program". Can this apply to SVX'x . Another one is "PDXTuning offers complete tuning services for your vehicle, weather it be a stand alone, piggy back, or reflash of your stock computer" Whats the difference between the 3? Also they do Corner balancing. What are all these things and can any/all apply to SVX's?

SVXRide
05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Couple of things here:

1. Please ask PDX if they're willing to try to tune the ECU for the EG33. I don't believe they've ever looked at it. This would require either a standalone (Hydra or other) or a Piggyback, as I doubt a reflash would even be possible.

2. Corner balancing can only be done if you have coilovers. You balance the load at each corner of the car by adjusting the settings of the coilovers.

-Bill

black beast
05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
EcuTek does not work on the SVX. When i went to the Wicked big meet 2 years ago i won a ECU reflash from EcuTek, and the guy was really bummin for me. He was like dude, you got the best raffle here and the SVX cant use it. He did say however that if i find a WRX, STI, EVO guy to buy it, he would honor it with them. So hope that helps. EcuTek does not work for us, and as they compete so heavily with cobb, I dont think one would have it without the other.