PDA

View Full Version : Reliable NNJ Mechanic

Lonefethr
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi All,
I am hoping if there is someone who knows of a good mechanic well-versed in the SVX. I have had my car in the shop on multiple occasions the past 2 weeks. Due to a check engine light. Supposedly it was just knock sensors but now it seems like it has just turned in to a guessing game at my cost. They have also replaced the purge solenoid, egr gasket, vacuum tank, and supposedly some hoses. This is a 96 Lsi and , I dont know how true this is, but they said something to the effect that with this year, the computer resets itself everytime the car is turned off clearing codes? Initial code was a knock sensor problem now they are getting an evap, purge flow code? Any helpful input would be appreciated. Thanks.

btw Doesnt all cars store codes somewhere??

Hocrest
04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, sounds like you need a new mechanic.

I'm not sure how far North they are but All Wheel Drive in Tuckerton, NJ is gonna be worth your drive, It's run by a couple guys on this board. "TomsSVX" is the mechanic and he'll get your car straightened out.

Send him a PM through the board...

Tims Phone
04-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Even if you do live in North Jersey, it is well worth the trip down knowing that they will be able to solve your issues the first time around.

I highly recommend the guys at All We'll Drive. You won't be disappointed.

Jvan
04-23-2008, 03:09 PM
wHERE IS "ALL WE'LL DRIVE" LOCATED? Sorry about the all caps.

Tim
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
West Creek NJ, in between exit 63 and 58 on the Garden State Parkway.

svxfiles
04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
+1 for AWD.:)
Tom knows SVXi, and loves to keep them running.

It's Just Eric
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
yeah, come on down. The shop is located at 110 cox ave in West creek, NJ. 08092. If you dont feel like mapquesting it for a genral idea of our lcoation, we're about 12 miles or so north of atlantic city

SHISVX
05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
don't know where you are located...my old mechanic on 57 in broadway nj owns and svx and treated mine as his...

his name is jim and he would probably remember me

Kelli

Broadway auto 908-689-2226

AndrewR
05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi All,
I am hoping if there is someone who knows of a good mechanic well-versed in the SVX. I have had my car in the shop on multiple occasions the past 2 weeks. Due to a check engine light. Supposedly it was just knock sensors but now it seems like it has just turned in to a guessing game at my cost. They have also replaced the purge solenoid, egr gasket, vacuum tank, and supposedly some hoses. This is a 96 Lsi and , I dont know how true this is, but they said something to the effect that with this year, the computer resets itself everytime the car is turned off clearing codes? Initial code was a knock sensor problem now they are getting an evap, purge flow code? Any helpful input would be appreciated. Thanks.

btw Doesnt all cars store codes somewhere??

My 96 acts like any OBD2 I have owned, holds onto the code until reset.

Which is currently a rear 02. I reset it, and it comes back. When I read the code, it is there, as a stored code, and current code.