PDA

View Full Version : Oooo... What's that ontop of the SVX???

GreenMarine
04-20-2008, 04:15 PM
So I've had these two boxes sitting in my living room for a while now, and yesterday I finally got around to putting it on...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/GreenMarineSVX/0419081811.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/GreenMarineSVX/DSC_0119.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/GreenMarineSVX/DSC_0121.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/GreenMarineSVX/DSC_0124.jpg

It looks so cool on the car :)... However I lost one of the bolts needed to install the bike carrier. So I'm gonna have to go pick up a new one sometime before I install that... Sometimes having your family in a country 10,000 miles away is a good thing :p

~ Chris

IceBlade
04-21-2008, 08:08 AM
I may be getting one come next ski season :)

ridered777
04-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Must be personal preference - made me :barf:

black beast
04-21-2008, 08:30 AM
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

no. I agree with red, :barf:

it turns it into a minivan, if you want ugly racks get a minivan or a truck.

:barf:

Sry, I have always wanted to use the :barf: so sry it is used 100000 times, but you get my point the racks make me :barf: LOL

black beast
04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Now that looks cool!!! a barrage or puke!!!!!

GreenMarine
04-21-2008, 09:05 AM
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

no. I agree with red, :barf:

it turns it into a minivan, if you want ugly racks get a minivan or a truck.

Sry, I have always wanted to use the :barf: so sry it is used 100000 times, but you get my point the racks make me :barf: LOL

Everyone's got their own oppinions but it's funny, when I installed the roof rails I didn't notice the car getting alor taller, boxier and sliding doors popping up...

Stay tuned everyone, because shortly I'll be doing the amazing trick of turning the SVX into a Ford F250 by installing tow bar so I can pull my tire trailer...

~ Chris

ridered777
04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
shortly I'll be... installing [a] tow bar ...

~ Chris

Gah!:eek: For the love of SVX, please don't! Buy like an old Ranger for $500 or something. Anything but a tow bar!!!

Schralper
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
YOU Bastard!
I'm STILL waiting for mine, w/ ski and bike attachements, argh!
Ordered 3/25 sheesh!
:(

lilbrudder
04-21-2008, 12:02 PM
looks nice, clean and sleek for a rack. watch out, if you load it too much or stop fast with bikes up there it WILL dent your roof, ask my brother;).

gsodonis
04-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Chris,

Don't forget the bike rack that came with the Rabbit you sold me. When you buy it back, you'll get the rack with it and you'll be able to restore the SVX pretty, luggage rack-less lines.

Myxalplyx
04-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Looks good!

Now all you need is a snow plow installed on the front of it to make it complete. :p J/K

GreenMarine
04-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Gah!:eek: For the love of SVX, please don't! Buy like an old Ranger for $500 or something. Anything but a tow bar!!!

Haha, naa I probably won't do that... I would definitely have reservations about towing anything with the SVX. Simply because if the trailer came un-hooked somehow and crashed into the SVX it would cause ALOT of damage... But if I was tracking it and Autocrossing it on a regular basis, I probably would end up getting a tow bar for a small track trailer... None the less, when I graduate and have $$$ to play with I'll be getting a GC8 RS and that will be my Autocross / Track car, and IT will have a towbar :)...

YOU Bastard!
I'm STILL waiting for mine, w/ ski and bike attachements, argh!
Ordered 3/25 sheesh!
:(

Haha, dude, you don't want to know how long it has actually been since I bought this... I had my sister buy it for me Febuary of 2007 (LAST YEAR!!!)... Then I lost touch with her for over a year... Finally got ahold of my dad and had him ship it out... So I have been waiting for this for well over a year!!! Glad I finally have it though :)

Looks good!

Now all you need is a snow plow installed on the front of it to make it complete. :p J/K

You know, I was thinking of volunteering to do that this winter... You know the first year that I had my SVX I pulled a Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner out of a shallow ditch it had slid into when we got a few inches of snow... THis was back in 2001 though... :) Still, a Sports car pulling a truck outta the ditch... I wish I'd had a camera :(

~ Chris

GreenMarine
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Chris,

Don't forget the bike rack that came with the Rabbit you sold me. When you buy it back, you'll get the rack with it and you'll be able to restore the SVX pretty, luggage rack-less lines.

Haha, that's right... I forgot about this!! :D I wonder if they make a towbar for a Rabbit... I'd have to put a tow bar on it and tow my Track trailer around with it :D:D

~ Chris

Nevin
04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
It just looks like you have 3 spoilers now, that's all. No harm in that!

GreenMarine
05-13-2008, 11:59 AM
It just looks like you have 3 spoilers now, that's all. No harm in that!

Extra downforce (and worse fuel economy) FTW!!1! :D:D:D

~ Chris

RSVX
05-13-2008, 12:23 PM
my Autocross / Track car, and IT will have a towbar :)...

Nothing stranger than seeing a viper leave the local BMW track after the Tire Rack show pulling a trailer...:lol:

SubaruSVXCrazy
05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow, Nice rack! :eek: :D The wheels complement it. I like it.

GreenMarine
05-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Wow, Nice rack! :eek: :D The wheels complement it. I like it.

~ Chris