PDA

View Full Version : Group N Engine mount info

TomsSVX
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Ok I just want to settle a couple of things.

although I have said in the past it would be OK to put Group N mounts in w/ the supplied brackets, I need to retract that statement for the following reasons

1. It lifts the engine too high, those of us w/ aftermarket exhaust or maybe even stock exhaust, it will change everything's vertical location...ei... not good

2. It shifts the engine/trans foward, also changing the location of many things... NOT GOOD

IF you must use GroupN or stock imprezza mounts, PLEASE, I BEG YOU. Use the stock brackets... Grind away the bracket so the mount will fit. USE 1/4" of whatever the hell you think will hold up the best to shim the mount 1/4" UP from the stock SVX bracket. Slot the holes so the mount studs can come through as if it was made that way. There are pics in my old locker which are somewhat descriptive.

Tom

SVXRide
04-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, what YT said:cool:
-Bill

Johnybeas
11-03-2008, 11:47 PM
so whats the verdict? should I upgrade to group N or stay with the New SVX ones I bought 6 months ago.... if I'm going to build and turbo....

Crazy_pilot
11-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Or, as a third option, how easy/impossible would it be to use the SVX mount hardware and replace the rubber with something stiffer? (Poly, etc). I've never had an SVX engine mount out, so I don't know what the internal structure of them is.

TomsSVX
11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
If using the SVX for any reason past normal driving it would be wise to upgrade the egine mounts. The stock mount are soft rubber filled with oil. They are notorious for tearing in half, especially with a standard transmission.

Tom

Mike621
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I will be doing a set for my Ebony very soon. :)

Subafreak
11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Poss for trade, N-mount already* modified in SVX brackets for you N-mounts and EJ brakets. :)