PDA

View Full Version : SVX Registration for Classic Status

ensteele
03-30-2008, 01:50 PM
The day has come that we can finally do these Registrations. They are 8 1/2 X 11 and on cardstock. They are done in color and look nice enough to be framed.

1) The Donation of $30 by check or money order will get one mailed to you.
2) If you use PayPal, the amount will be $35.
3) If you want to register a second or more cars, the donation will be $25 each after the first one ordered at the same time. This will save postage and packaging.
4) These certificates are numbered.

PayPal address is: svxwn.paypal@svxwn.com

The information needed to do this for you is as follows:

Name:
Handle or Forum Name:
mailing address:
City, State:
Year of SVX:
Trim (L, LS, LS-L etc.):
Full VIN:
Date of Manufacture:
Color:
Miles:
Date you joined the SVXWN:

This informaiton can be emailed to me at: ensteele at gmail dot com.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. :)

wannarace928
03-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Email sent.

CorSVXette
04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
email sent.

Zandar
04-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I'll have to see if this will qualify me for a classic/collector car plate in CO; if so, hawt!

rvnmaniac
04-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I'll have to see if this will qualify me for a classic/collector car plate in CO; if so, hawt!

I'm going to fess up and say i have no idea what this is all about.........

shotgunslade
04-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Paypal address for donation?

ensteele
04-02-2008, 08:15 AM
PayPal address is:

svxwn.paypal@svxwn.com

Thanks and I will post what they look like later today. :)

TomsSVX
04-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Earl, did you get my PM with the info??

Paypal sent

Tom

Mike621
04-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I will work on this and send a paypal when I get my paycheck... which could be my last :(.

WestCoastSVX
04-02-2008, 01:22 PM
What does this do exactly? Does giving some private info to a website help in some way with granting your car classic status with your state's DMV as the title implies?

Or is this like a "membership" to post to the forums or something?

I am intrigued... :)

TomsSVX
04-02-2008, 01:29 PM
What does this do exactly? Does giving some private info to a website help in some way with granting your car classic status with your state's DMV as the title implies?

We are looking for a collector car status. You get a huge break on insurance, lacking any emissions inspection (only safety), BUT depending on the state you are restricted to 3k miles a year, or something like that.

Tom

RSVX
04-02-2008, 01:31 PM

We are looking for a collector car status. You get a huge break on insurance, lacking any emissions inspection (only safety), BUT depending on the state you are restricted to 3k miles a year, or something like that.

Tom

basically, yes.

This thread covers it a bit more.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42550&highlight=registration

TomsSVX
04-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Just printed my app. for collector status, how are the letterheads being handled on the forum end??

Tom

Tim
04-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Tom

In NJ our inspection sticker is triangle shaped vs the normal rectangular. It also no longer has our vin number on as well :)

shotgunslade
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Paypal sent.::cool::cool::cool:

rvnmaniac
04-02-2008, 08:13 PM

Tom

It's no way my car is going to be driven less that 3000 miles a year so that leaves me out of it.........

Hocrest
04-02-2008, 09:09 PM
It's no way my car is going to be driven less that 3000 miles a year so that leaves me out of it.........
Every state has different rules, requirements and classes. Check with the Maryland DMV, or ask Jerry... He's probably familiar with the MD rules???

ensteele
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Earl, did you get my PM with the info??

Paypal sent

Tom

Yes I did and I will print it up tonight or tomorrow and get it sent out. :) Thanks

TomsSVX
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
thanks buddy, give me a call tomorrow sometime, there are some things I need to talk to you about

Tom

subi-crosser
04-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Every state has different rules, requirements and classes. Check with the Maryland DMV, or ask Jerry... He's probably familiar with the MD rules???

Out of production for 11 years or 20 years old with no major mods.

Antique ( I helped get the 11 year thing passed!!)

Major mods, and 20 years old, Street Rod.

Maryland

You do not have to use the 'restricted' insurance, but the cost is a lot less.

In Md, you can use the car for parades, club functions,weekends, holidays, taking it for service and 'occasional use'...

If they catch you driving it to work for a week or two, the FINE is $1,500.!!

I drove a 57 chevy to work for 6 months, but it always smelled like fresh primer. ( I was working with my brother at the body shop and it changed 'looks' every couple days to throw them off!)

ensteele
04-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Out of production for 11 years or 20 years old with no major mods.

Antique ( I helped get the 11 year thing passed!!)

Major mods, and 20 years old, Street Rod.

Maryland

You do not have to use the 'restricted' insurance, but the cost is a lot less.

In Md, you can use the car for parades, club functions,weekends, holidays, taking it for service and 'occasional use'...

If they catch you driving it to work for a week or two, the FINE is $1,500.!!

I drove a 57 chevy to work for 6 months, but it always smelled like fresh primer. ( I was working with my brother at the body shop and it changed 'looks' every couple days to throw them off!)

That would mean that the 92s should be good for the 11 years out of production. :)

ensteele
04-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Here is the list I have so far. I will be delivering them when I come to Reading. I will see you there. :D

These member have requested them:

Daniel H. Nall paid
Thomas Johnson paid
Eugene A. Brandner paid
Paul Attanasio paid
Michelle Bishop
Tina Draeger

If you want one and have it delivered at Reading, let me know quick. :)

TomsSVX
04-16-2008, 07:23 AM
When should I expect to see mine Earl??

Tom

WestCoastSVX
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
That would mean that the 92s should be good for the 11 years out of production. :)

Uh, ALL of them should be! 1997 was 11 years ago! :D

Of course this is just MD, like someone said, check your own state's rules.

But I'm pretty sure all states are going to have some pretty severe mileage and/or use restrictions, like was just described here. :(

ensteele
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM

But I'm pretty sure all states are going to have some pretty severe mileage and/or use restrictions, like was just described here. :(

I was just checking to see if you were paying attention. :lol: :lol:

ensteele
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM
When should I expect to see mine Earl??

Tom

You will get your on Friday if you are sober enough. :lol: :lol:

TomsSVX
04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
You will get your on Friday if you are sober enough. :lol: :lol:

Huh?? What??? Something something THERES MY BIGNTASTY!!!!

tom

bwb3
06-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Are these still going to be sent out? I'd like to get one for the Teal also.
Gene

ensteele
06-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Gene

I just printed them out and I will send them out in the next day or so. Sorry about the delay. Send me the info on it and send fee by paypal and I will send it to you. You can get the discount on two at the same time for shipping. Thanks I will post what they look like as well. :)

Octanerush
06-26-2008, 08:59 AM
anyone know the rules for this in canada?

ensteele
06-26-2008, 05:41 PM
You can check with your insurance company for details. They should know. :)

CorSVXette
06-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Gene

I just printed them out and I will send them out in the next day or so. Sorry about the delay. Send me the info on it and send fee by paypal and I will send it to you. You can get the discount on two at the same time for shipping. Thanks I will post what they look like as well. :)

Hi Earl. Does this go for mine also? I haven't recieved it yet.

ensteele
06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes, they are all printed. It was the end of the school year and I had to get grades out. I will get on this right away. :) I am sorry for the delay and I will also post an image so you can see what they look like. :)

ensteele
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I just got the Registration Forms in the mail. The members who have donated for this and have the forms in the mail are:

1) Shotgunslade
2) svxcess
3) Wannarace928
4) TomsSVX
5) bwb3
6) CorSVXette

If you have paid, and are not on this list, let me know. I will check the PayPal account for payment and get yours out to you in the next day or so.

Thank You for your patience. I have also included a small gift that might help with the wait. We are all set up now. I will post what these look like as well. :)

bwb3
07-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks, I'll get back to you soon on the Teal. :)
New memebers, check this out.
Gene

ensteele
07-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Here is the Certificate and what it looks like. :)

The Sample Registration Certificate. (http://photos.svxwn.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2624)

subbieatnz
07-06-2008, 08:55 AM
apitty cant do the same thing here in nz. car only gets classic car statous once it gets to 35years or older

TomsSVX
07-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Very cool thanks Earl

Tom

bwb3
07-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Well dog gone, that's nicer than my marriage license. :D
Gene

ensteele
07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Well dog gone, that's nicer than my marriage license. :D
Gene

That is because I figured that you have more $$ invested and the cost of maintenance is higher than your wife. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They do look better in person than that scanned image. :)

shotgunslade
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Earl:

Got my certificate. Looks great. Thanks much. :D:D

Shotgunslade
(Dan Nall)

bwb3
07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I got mine in the mail Thursday. I feel soo special.:D My insurance agent seem impressed but didn't know what to make of it. Asked if this means they should increase my rates.
Gene

TomsSVX
12-01-2008, 12:58 PM
I am finally due for registration again... Making my application out tonight and mailing it to Trenton tomorrow... Will keep you all informed

Tom

JaySVX
12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Wait, is this just for a pretty certificate? Or is there something actual involved here? I was going to register Classic come january for my SVX, as it's eligable then. What's the difference?

ensteele
12-01-2008, 07:31 PM
The network certificate shows that you have a limited editon car, and then you need to apply for the classic status with your state. :)

ensteele
02-01-2009, 11:51 AM
bump :) :)

TomsSVX
02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't have a problem doing it for my car... My problem is, to insure a collectors car, most companies want you to be 25-27 years old. So looks like I am stuck for a little bit because to register as a collector you need proof of collector insurance.

Tom

subi-crosser
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM

My insurance specifies "Weekends, Holidays, Parades, Shows, Club Functions and occasional use", for all my other relics.

1986nate
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Wow, I guess Wisconsin is pretty leniant on driving restrictions for classic cars. You only pay registration once, EVER.(it is more than normal though-like $165 for the plates and then the $75 registration for the car and you can use the plates on another car if you get a different one.) Also cars have to be at least 20 years old. But here's the real sweet thing-You can drive it as much as you want but the only restriction is you can't drive it in the month of January unless you buy a one day pass for $5 or $30 to drive the whole month of January. No restrictions on mileage whatsoever and no inspections anymore since we got rid of all emission testing on cars that are not OBDII('95 or older production year) last year.

ensteele
02-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Wow, I guess Wisconsin is pretty leniant on driving restrictions for classic cars. You only pay registration once, EVER.(it is more than normal though-like $165 for the plates and then the $75 registration for the car and you can use the plates on another car if you get a different one.) Also cars have to be at least 20 years old. But here's the real sweet thing-You can drive it as much as you want but the only restriction is you can't drive it in the month of January unless you buy a one day pass for $5 or $30 to drive the whole month of January. No restrictions on mileage whatsoever and no inspections anymore since we got rid of all emission testing on cars that are not OBDII('95 or older production year) last year.

Sounds like you need a certificate. :D :D :D

subi-crosser
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM

You could spend january cleaning it up for spring!!!

1986nate
02-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Like I said, has to be 20 years old, so only 3 more to go...:D

subi-crosser
02-13-2009, 07:47 PM
The network certificate shows that you have a limited editon car, and then you need to apply for the classic status with your state. :)
Maybe we should all get 'Membership cards' too!

I carry one for the Street Rod club! (Adds Validity)

(I do have the static stickers on (the subi's) and the CAST 'badge' on the street rod that THEY offer)

subi-crosser
02-13-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm going to fess up and say i have no idea what this is all about.........

Henry!! We are trying to get our insurance companies and our states to SEE what WE see in these cars. WE want 'HISTORIC' status! Historic Tags and Historic insurance. This will get us a better chance of WINNING when some MORON slams us in a parking lot or at a traffic light!

Jerry