PDA

View Full Version : Pre 10th Anniversary Meet

WestCoastSVX
06-04-2002, 09:21 AM
Hey Northwesterners! The good weather is finally here and time for some good drives and gatherings. Earl and I did a great scenic drive the other day (see the other thread) and thought it would make a great one for the group, with a good picnic spot towards the end too. :)

It would be cool to get this meet in before the 10th Anniversary one in Indiana, kind of a warm up for those that are going, and a way for the rest to send off good wishes or something. :D

So let's see what the best date would be. I'd set up some kind of poll, but it doesn't work for multiple options. It's a given that Saturday works best, especially for those on the East side of the state. So here's what we would have to choose from: June 8, 15, 22, 29 and July 6, 13.

If you have any opinion on this at all as far as what dates you are available please post. We'll keep this up for a week or so and then have to set a date in stone since the majority seem to prefer just being told a date and then showing up by surprise. Hey whatever works! :)

WestCoastSVX
06-04-2002, 09:23 AM
I'll start things off.

I am NOT available June 15, June 29, or July 6.

So far the rest are open, but that could change.:rolleyes:

LarryIII
06-04-2002, 09:58 AM
Troy,

I wish you were coming to Indiana. We will miss you at the big one.
Surely, Col. Jack O'Neil could ask MacGyver to fix his stargate with some duct tape, bailing wire, and a few old paper clips to transport you and your SVX to the Lafayette on July 20th.

Larry III

WestCoastSVX
06-04-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Troy,

I wish you were coming to Indiana. We will miss you at the big one.
Surely, Col. Jack O'Neil could ask MacGyver to fix his stargate with some duct tape, bailing wire, and a few old paper clips to transport you and your SVX to the Lafayette on July 20th.

Larry III

LOL!! You crack me up, Larry!

Believe me, I wish I could be there too! This is guaranteed to be the best SVX gathering yet. :)

ensteele
06-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Troy

I haven't got my plane ticket yet, so see what you can rig up for me. It ought to be interesting. I'd be willing to try it if it doesn't hurt much. Second thought - maybe I will just buy a ticket.:D

WestCoastSVX
06-05-2002, 03:18 PM
I just talked to Balser and he gave his availability up to the end of this month:

June 22, 23
June 29

Anyone else?:confused:

ensteele
06-05-2002, 03:30 PM
You know I am in. I don't think that there are any problems with any of the dates for me. :)

WestCoastSVX
06-05-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by ensteele93
You know I am in. I don't think that there are any problems with any of the dates for me. :)

I figured as much Earl! Right on!

Well as it stands so far, the 22nd of June would be the only time both Matt and I could attend (as far as Saturdays go). And all three of us are pretty committed to actually showing on that date. So unless a whole slew(sp?) of folks state that they are otherwise unavailable that day by the end of the week, I say we make it official and send out "invitations" at that point. :D

ensteele
06-05-2002, 04:39 PM
Let me know if you need a list of people. I have almost all of them on my buddy list and it is very easy to do it. Let me know.:)

WestCoastSVX
06-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Earl - looks like no more opinions. I think it is that most people don't have time these days to check in here much, rather than a lack of interest. We should be able to get more than the 3 of us if we send out a direct invite.

If you could do the honors, it would be great! :D If you'd rather not let me know and I'll get your list.

I guess we'll meet how we talked about it last Saturday, maybe Smokey Point park n ride off I-5 exit 206, with whatever you think would be a good start time for the drive, picnic, etc.