PDA

View Full Version : Rain-x

SubaruSVXCrazy
03-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I like the interior window defogger one. It works, but the normal one for the outside, make the wipers chatter. I don't get why. I cleaned the window and the wipers with windex before I applied it. It makes the windows feel like paint after a wax. The rain clears easily tho. Some people say that the drips are annoying, but it doesn't bother me.

immortal_suby
03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah, rain-x on the windshield will cause your wipers to be worthless.

One other thing, windex is not good for rubber.It's fine for the windshield, but don't apply it directly to the wiper blades.

Subix
03-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh crap... they make one for the interior/defogger? Must purchase! My Impreza has not heat and I'd rather not freeze with AC defrosting (or refrosting? heh)

Manarius
03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I just put car wax on my windshield. Works just as well as Rain-x without the nasty side effects.

ridered777
03-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I use rain-x on ALL the windows. At first, it did that annoying chattering. But it just needs to be worked in - make sure you don't press the wipers until the window is SOAKED in water. Eventually it does get better, and worked super well over the winter for me.

Only gripe I have with it is that it only lasted one season on the front windshield where the wiper hit - the stuff is expensive, and it DOES get wiped off slowly with the windshield wipers.

Maybe I'll try the wax. I don't usually wax my car, the paint is already is such bad shape.

SubaruSVXCrazy
03-21-2008, 05:40 PM
I use rain-x on ALL the windows. At first, it did that annoying chattering. But it just needs to be worked in - make sure you don't press the wipers until the window is SOAKED in water. Eventually it does get better, and worked super well over the winter for me.

Only gripe I have with it is that it only lasted one season on the front windshield where the wiper hit - the stuff is expensive, and it DOES get wiped off slowly with the windshield wipers.

Maybe I'll try the wax. I don't usually wax my car, the paint is already is such bad shape.

Yea your right, its starting to not chatter as much. Weird. Thanks.

94SubieSVX
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Meguiar's Quik Wax from the spray bottle works wonders on mine.

Crazy_pilot
03-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I bought the Reflex wiper blades that have a Rain-X like chemical in them. They deposit it on the windshield as the wipe, and then you have all the benefits of Rain-X and some great wiper blades. The coating doesn't last long though, so I'll be re-applying soon. I love being able to drive in rain and never touch the wipers unless I'm going really slowly.

Nevin
03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
I love the interior anti-fog stuff. The defroster in my probe was broken for a while, and I put this stuff on, and I couldn't tell a difference, it was great!

Normally on all my exterior windows I just buff them good with my buffer and a nice polish, and it works great, but you don't get the hassle of the skipping wipers.

SubaruSVXCrazy
03-28-2008, 09:33 AM
I love the interior anti-fog stuff. The defroster in my probe was broken for a while, and I put this stuff on, and I couldn't tell a difference, it was great!

Normally on all my exterior windows I just buff them good with my buffer and a nice polish, and it works great, but you don't get the hassle of the skipping wipers.

Good stuff.

RSVX
03-28-2008, 09:38 AM
We use the Rainx windshield washer fluid... never had any chatter.

svxxx26
03-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I've used the original Rain-X for years - never experienced chatter with the wipers :confused:
of course I don't use the wipers all that much anymore either. Isn't that the point of the Rain-X? :lol: