PDA

View Full Version : SVX Straight line performance

SVXRide
03-12-2008, 08:46 PM
As there is a "wave" coming that will, no doubt, erase these figures soon, I figured I'd start a new thread with them so folks can use this thread as a reference;):cool:

-Bill
p.s. somebody please correct me if I've got any of these wrong:D

PoweredX2: 13.2 with 3.70 auto FWD and nitrous(Nitrous & FWD SVX record)
Tomssvx: 13.93 with S/C 3.90 6 spd. (S/C 6 spd. SVX record)
Benebob: 14.2 with 4.11 auto N/A grassroots racer(4.11 auto N/A SVX record)
Tomssvx: 14.5 with 4.11 5 spd. N/A(4.11 5 spd. N/A SVX record)
Phastsvx: 14.5 with 4.11 5 spd. turbo (4.11 5 spd. turbo SVX record)
Budfreak: 14.9 with 4.44 auto N/A(4.44 auto N/A SVX record)
Bwana: 15.3 with stock trans. and gears N/A(3.54 auto N/A SVX record)

TomsSVX
03-12-2008, 09:04 PM
I know Chris has run a 15.2 on stock gears before... He said he did on chat earlier today...

Tom

TomsSVX
03-12-2008, 09:07 PM
As there is a "wave" coming that will, no doubt, erase these figures soon, I figured I'd start a new thread with them so folks can use this thread as a reference;):cool:

-Bill

PoweredX2: 13.3 with 3.70 auto FWD (nitrous)
Tomssvx: 13.93 with AWD 6 spd. (S/C)
Benebob: 14.2 with AWD Auto (N/A)

Thats all that really matters when you wanna break into a category.... Trying to complicate things more, does just that.

Tom

SVXRide
03-13-2008, 10:48 AM
how do we make this a sticky so we don't have to search for it in the future?
-Bill

SVXRide
03-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Thats all that really matters when you wanna break into a category.... Trying to complicate things more, does just that.

Tom

Agreed, except I'd add a "street legal" AWD Auto (N/A) catagory:rolleyes::D
-Bill

TomsSVX
03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
-Bill

Lets hope we don't have to worry about that;) Lets hope your clutch can take my launches:D:D

tom

solarsvx
03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
we need a twin turbo 6 speed svx a 11 second terror !!!

RSVX
03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
how do we make this a sticky so we don't have to search for it in the future?
-Bill

You ask, and I do it...

SVXRide
03-13-2008, 12:33 PM
You ask, and I do it...

Please!!:D:D
-Bill

immortal_suby
03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
we need a forum called "The Sticky Forum" :p

sicksubie
03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
we need a competition section... specifically for racing (sanctioned events of course), and 1/4 times etc etc

NikFu S.
03-13-2008, 09:06 PM
we need a competition section... specifically for racing (sanctioned events of course), and 1/4 times etc etc

Agreed. This would take a slight load off the Babble forum.

RSVX
03-14-2008, 06:54 AM

I could add it right now. But I want Chris' approval before I do that. I will try and get his attention again.

TomsSVX
03-14-2008, 08:15 AM
I could add it right now. But I want Chris' approval before I do that. I will try and get his attention again.

Maybe it could replace the Chris' shop forum that is not really useful anymore lol:)

Tom

svxistentialist
03-14-2008, 08:21 AM
No, there is some information and answers in the Chris shop forum that makes for an easy search. We want to leave it up there.

Chris RSVX [he should be called R1100 now :rolleyes: ] is right. We actually do need a Competition Forum, and we will have one, hopefully soon.

Do you think we could see a sub 10 second SVX before the year is out??

:rolleyes:

Joe:D

benebob
03-14-2008, 08:27 AM
-Bill

Again street legal is a joke since there are well over 300 different ways that each state, county or region determines what is street legal. Then you have the stick and lick variety on top of things. Technically a supercharged svx wouldn't be street legal in my county nor would a nos system on a car or even your black car with those other seats (unless they are dot rated and registered) so all those would need to be considered non street legal as well. I agree that a fastest stock catagory would need to be thought of but again you need to base it on a set of criteria and rules such as the stock class for autox.

Our stripped down racer is just as close to being PA inspectable (sans emissions but Dave lives in a county that doesn't have emissions) as your daily driver that doesn't have annual inspections down in that beltway state.:D

A competition section would be nice as competition and mods are not one and the same. Oh do you think I could get my new ride into the subaru challenge if I put a WRX emblem on it... It would be great to beat you with yet again but this time with a lawn mower engine and cable driven drum brakes front and rear!:eek:

TomsSVX
03-14-2008, 08:44 AM
No, there is some information and answers in the Chris shop forum that makes for an easy search. We want to leave it up there.

Chris RSVX [he should be called R1100 now :rolleyes: ] is right. We actually do need a Competition Forum, and we will have one, hopefully soon.

You are right, I was hoping you could merge that forum with the tech Q&A. Anyway.... as for a sub 10 sec SVX... no:rolleyes: I am hoping that once I get my short black back (went to the machine shop for surgery today) With some new EM and maybe a small n20 kit to be in the high 12's... Lets see when the time comes...

Tom

benebob
03-14-2008, 08:51 AM

If someone gives me their model SVX I'll have it do the 1/4 in 9ish without leaving my back. Does that count Joe?:D

svxistentialist
03-14-2008, 09:02 AM
If you can get a real live driver in there.

For the sake of fair play, it's gotta have a jockey on board. Riderless horses passing the finish line don't count.

:rolleyes::D

SVXRide
03-14-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd think if you took the RaceCar or SVreX II and put a turbocharged/standalone tuned EG33 in it you might have a chance at 10 second 1/4 miles times. I don't think that sub 10 second is in the cards...(love to be proven wrong!)
-Bill

odepaj
12-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Apparently my '95 runs a 15.9@86.4mph

But has 194awhp and will do .96g's while power braking to 1500rpms.

Oh, it also pulls 5 lengths on my Ebony (which ran a 16 flat @ 89mph).

Not to mention, it pulls 6+ lengths on a stock 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV. and even pulled 1-2 lengths on a stock Nissan 350z (I account this more to a bad driver, but thats still respectable.)

Dynolicious is a bunch of croc! :(

Dustin

TomsSVX
12-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Tomssvx: 12.99@106 with Hydra powered S/C 3.90 6 spd. (S/C 6 spd. SVX record)
Chris: 15.2 w/ stock auto

Tee hee:D

Tom

SVXRide
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
God, do I want the N/A record so bad I can taste it.....:D
-Bill (considering the value of working a second job solely to provide $ for the "Hydra Fund" ......"But, honey, it makes the car safer....no more stalling!" :lol:)

TomsSVX
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
-Bill (considering the value of working a second job solely to provide $ for the "Hydra Fund" ......"But, honey, it makes the car safer....no more stalling!" :lol:)

ROFLMAO!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom

longassname
12-24-2008, 07:22 AM
I was going to go make a run at it myself but the drag track is closed untill the 7th.

benebob
12-24-2008, 08:50 AM

That's just exhaust you're tasting as you cross the finish line a half second later than a true two tone.:lol:

TomsSVX
12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
That's just exhaust you're tasting as you cross the finish line a half second later than a true two tone.:lol:

He can taste, and you can smell it cuz ur both behind me:eek::p. When are you gonna get the racer out???

Tom

benebob
12-24-2008, 10:41 AM
He can taste, and you can smell it cuz ur both behind me:eek::p. When are you gonna get the racer out???

Tom

Just as soon as someone posts a 14.2 in a N/A SCCA "Prepared" class SVX. Until then there is no need to post a 13.8.:D

TomsSVX
12-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Just as soon as someone posts a 14.2 in a N/A SCCA "Prepared" class SVX. Until then there is no need to post a 13.8.:D

Well your sponsor is about to repo all the **** in that car if you don't get out and race it at least once a YEAR!!!!!:lol::lol: Doesn't have to go in a straight line ya know... It could make an appearance at an auto-x:p

Tom

benebob
12-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Well your sponsor is about to repo all the **** in that car if you don't get out and race it at least once a YEAR!!!!!:lol::lol: Doesn't have to go in a straight line ya know... It could make an appearance at an auto-x:p

Tom

It'll be climbing this year. Just as soon as Davie preps that cage for painting.;)

SVXRide
12-24-2008, 02:54 PM
I have to say that I really enjoyed reading that little piece of discussion:D
So, if I read Ben's comments correctly, all I have to do is get Racer X into the high13s :cool:
-Bill

legacyau
12-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I recently did a 16.25 in a bone stock auto, dynoed at 107kw atw running 235/45/17 tyres apparently they are slightly bigger than stock and my reaction time was bad so i can improve one day :rolleyes:

cam

benebob
12-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I have to say that I really enjoyed reading that little piece of discussion:D
So, if I read Ben's comments correctly, all I have to do is get Racer X into the high13s :cool:
-Bill

AND HAVE IT SOLO 1 PREPARED LEGAL! SORRY ROCKET BOY, YOU DON'T COMPLY NOW!:), Tire sizing, make that intake proper, sorry no chip mapping need apply, got your 10 point, got a log book, got your burn suit, got your legal seat, etc., etc., etc., etc. and most importably got your driver able to avoid that brick wall!:eek::). Better get to work on the car rather than that part time job to pay for it.:) Merry Christmas Bill!

The car will be back this year in the climbing seen OR it will be going to someone who will ensure it continues on its current path! I won't let a car sit for more than a year, will you Wally?:)

SVXRide
12-25-2008, 06:16 PM
AND HAVE IT SOLO 1 PREPARED LEGAL! SORRY ROCKET BOY, YOU DON'T COMPLY NOW!:), Tire sizing, make that intake proper, sorry no chip mapping need apply, got your 10 point, got a log book, got your burn suit, got your legal seat, etc., etc., etc., etc. and most importably got your driver able to avoid that brick wall!:eek::). Better get to work on the car rather than that part time job to pay for it.:) Merry Christmas Bill!

The car will be back this year in the climbing seen OR it will be going to someone who will ensure it continues on its current path! I won't let a car sit for more than a year, will you Wally?:)

Funny you should bring that up, Ben. I'm thinking that it won't take much to make the SVreX street legal (I actually have the title for it!). Just got a "worked" valve body from NeedforSpeed, so I'm thinking the 'reX is the car to take the NA/auto 1/4 mile time record away from BudFreak ;):cool:
-Bill
p.s. what, exactly, do you think RacerX wouldn't comply with for FP? (too lazy right now to check the SCCA rule book)

benebob
12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Funny you should bring that up, Ben. I'm thinking that it won't take much to make the SVreX street legal (I actually have the title for it!). Just got a "worked" valve body from NeedforSpeed, so I'm thinking the 'reX is the car to take the NA/auto 1/4 mile time record away from BudFreak ;):cool:
-Bill
p.s. what, exactly, do you think RacerX wouldn't comply with for FP? (too lazy right now to check the SCCA rule book)

Street legal is a joke as there is nothing on our car aside from the lack of seatbelts, no lightbulbs and non dot tires that isn't street legal. Emissions it wouldn't pass as it doesn't have the factory cats on it but of course that is a $500 pay your annual waiver fee. There are plenty of street legal SVXi out there that wouldn't pay our version PAs emissions and annual inspection. Good you have the title as you'll need it.

As for not being FP I listed a few for ya, however you're confusing yourself even more, FP be Solo 2, not solo 1. Solo 1 is a whole different classing and rule system. The Solo 1 rule book was like a 150 page download just for the car classes and rules! Chipping, remapping and getto size wheels and tires are left too the street classes. Remember we will be running a 4 speed manual dictated by the rules not allowing for more gears than was OEM.:D

odepaj
02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Take it with a grain of salt:

Dynolicious (which has ALWAYS posted slower than actual times) timed me at a 14.93 @ 92.8mph in my '95!!

I'm not saying I think I ran faster than that, but I would bet money on me running atleast a real 14.9!

Was also on a full tank of gas. :D

Dustin

mikecg
06-02-2009, 09:41 AM
There's a 12.679 with a 75 shot posted on dragtimes.com.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru-SVX-Timeslip-16061.html

sicksubie
06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
It's Nate the Hate and it is a lie.....

Ciphus
07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
When I type a reply or post a new thread all of the characters go in a straight line and dont appear in page form until it is posted. This is making is really difficult to read and edit my posts. Is there a way to fix this?

Seraphinwolf
07-23-2009, 06:11 AM
When I type a reply or post a new thread all of the characters go in a straight line and dont appear in page form until it is posted. This is making is really difficult to read and edit my posts. Is there a way to fix this?

I thinkyou have the wrong thread to be asking this. I'd help but I"m confused as to exactly what you are asking. Maybe your question does make more sense than I'm seeing and I"m just tired from having just gotten home from work.

I"ll try to break the NA stock auto record if I get the Hydra in a set this summer. Local drags are less than 15mins from my house. Last year I finally took the car down and with no spare, full tank, and no junk in the car weighing in a 3720lbs I hit my best time on my second run with.... umm... where did I put those slips?! Oh well I think it's in my sig but it was 16 flat(I think it was exactly 16.002) @ I beleive 86.xxMPH.
-Gaddis

Seraphinwolf
07-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Copy pasting from another forum I'm on. I was using a HP calculator site and that's what the HP numbers listed are from according to the calculator.

Run1(horrible I might add)
1/4 19.719 at 89.02mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 96 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 205 horsepower

Run2(best of the night)
1/4 16.005 at 88.54mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 179 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 202 horsepower

Run3(vs a vette with a slipping clutch that did 17.007 LOL)
1/4 16.128 at 88.59mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 175 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 202 horsepower

Run4(last of the night
1/4 16.165 at 88.4mph
Using the ET method, I come up with 174 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 201 horsepower
-Gaddis

mikecg
07-23-2009, 09:37 AM
How about an updated list? Maybe you can slip my 14.088 on it. lol. Kind of sad for a S/C 6-speed. I need to get back to the track when it cools down, now that I have a better tune.

STeeL25T
07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
+1 for an updated list. I have high hopes for my cars times, I guess cause hoping is an easy thing to do when your engine is in 50 pieces in the garage :lol:

svxistentialist
07-23-2009, 01:57 PM

Ciphus, I had a look at your account at Admin level. I can't see anything unusual about it.

I use the Network vBulletin 3 style on the bottom of the page. There are a number of different forum styles or "skins" that can be used.

Just out of interest, which one are you using?

Joe

Myxalplyx
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM

Not sure why I have not been busy trying to erase both of these records this year. Haven't been to the track at all. Especially Budfreak's time since I do not have nitrous on the SVX. :mad::mad::mad: Gawd, I annoy myself. Maybe I'll take off the 19's and have at it again. Kinda annoying no-one has beat this time yet.

Has anyone had any success yet?

Myxalplyx
10-14-2009, 01:49 PM
-Bill

Looking to remove this tonight if it does not friggin rain. Gawd!!!! :mad::mad:

Chiketkd
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Looking to remove this tonight if it does not friggin rain. Gawd!!!! :mad::mad:
Best of luck Kevin! :cool:

SVXRide
10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm thinking Kevin got rained on...:rolleyes:
-Bill

Myxalplyx
10-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking Kevin got rained on...:rolleyes:
-Bill

*Cursing* Yeah, got rained on. Friggin 'Noreaster last week. Off again tonight. Please gawd, let me remove this N/A record. I gotta get on with my life and mod other vehicles since I am no longer modding this one. Gotta hold my promise to Chike. :(

longassname
10-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I think a stock car with a valve body would break that record.

oab_au
10-21-2009, 06:45 PM

Well put it on the track, and we'll see.:)

Harvey.

NeedForSpeed
10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
LAN,

Aren't you running a NA, rebuilt engine, with your cam profiles, shifting at highter rpm, with one of your trans?

Why haven't you taken it for a run? You probably have the best N/A stuff out there.

Ron

longassname
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
That's the car I have my Mom driving which is not where I am. It's definitely fast but she doesn't exactly go to the track. I guess my car fits that description too right now but it isn't supposed to. The engine in my car is built for fi with 8.5 compression and is lacking bottom end until I get around to installing the blower. I'm going to do the blower different this time and machine the alternator to put a timing pulley on the back of it so I can stick with the factory belting and drive the blower with a non-drive kit and a timing belt between it and the alternator. I really need to do that already.

LAN,

Aren't you running a NA, rebuilt engine, with your cam profiles, shifting at highter rpm, with one of your trans?

Why haven't you taken it for a run? You probably have the best N/A stuff out there.

Ron

NeedForSpeed
10-21-2009, 11:45 PM
That's the car I have my Mom driving which is not where I am. It's definitely fast but she doesn't exactly go to the track. I guess my car fits that description too right now but it isn't supposed to. The engine in my car is built for fi with 8.5 compression and is lacking bottom end until I get around to installing the blower. I'm going to do the blower different this time and machine the alternator to put a timing pulley on the back of it so I can stick with the factory belting and drive the blower with a non-drive kit and a timing belt between it and the alternator. I really need to do that already.

Yes, please do that already :D

You drive the Black 94, what does she drive? It would be nice to trade her cars, and take her car for a test run. You've invested so much time and resources, you deserve to show off a bit, to show what the parts are capable of, imho ;)

Myxalplyx
10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
No luck tonight! 15.1 and a 15.3 run. Tickets are in the car. Didn't bother posting up details. No need! Didn't break record. Tire pressures were right. Air/fuel ratio was set at 13.0 to 13.5.....everything was right. 60ft time was in the 2.2 range. Not great but could be worse. Trap speed was around 91mph. wtf!!! It's what it is.

What takes the wind out of my sails is that I got a 2010 Toyota RAV4 sport V6 AWD yesterday. Stock, this SUV runs 14.8 @ 99mph according to Motorweek. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLCA_BhgO4 Gonna play with that vehicle for a little bit. Only has 10 miles on it. :p I'm ripped right now (drinking). Off to bed...l8rs......

Seraphinwolf
10-23-2009, 11:28 PM
No luck tonight! 15.1 and a 15.3 run. Tickets are in the car. Didn't bother posting up details. No need! Didn't break record. Tire pressures were right. Air/fuel ratio was set at 13.0 to 13.5.....everything was right. 60ft time was in the 2.2 range. Not great but could be worse. Trap speed was around 91mph. wtf!!! It's what it is.

What takes the wind out of my sails is that I got a 2010 Toyota RAV4 sport V6 AWD yesterday. Stock, this SUV runs 14.8 @ 99mph according to Motorweek. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLCA_BhgO4 Gonna play with that vehicle for a little bit. Only has 10 miles on it. :p I'm ripped right now (drinking). Off to bed...l8rs......

Kevin what are you running for suspension? I would expect better than low 15's with much. I'm putting down 15.732@88.44MPH with no powermods on a notoriously slick track. What I do have that's making the difference of 0.27seconds from last year is coilovers. I'm not talking CG+Koni's either. I haven't doing any bushings and most of the car is stock minus wheels, brakes, radiator, and crank pulley.

longassname
10-24-2009, 06:36 AM
Are you going to pumpkin carve? You should try driving a car with one of my valve bodies if you can get to an event where there is one. With a stock transmission there is a lot of time wasted during the shifts. With my valve bodies the shifts are instantaneous.

oab_au
10-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Thats a good idea. There is bound to be some body with a Quick Change there, they may let you check out the difference, for the price.:)

Harvey.

longassname
10-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Ya, that would be great.

Thats a good idea. There is bound to be some body with a Quick Change there, they may let you check out the difference, for the price.:)

Harvey.

svxfiles
10-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Are you going to pumpkin carve? You should try driving a car with one of my valve bodies if you can get to an event where there is one. With a stock transmission there is a lot of time wasted during the shifts. With my valve bodies the shifts are instantaneous.

Well The Pumpkin Carve was Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, and only NOW do I get to see this!:rolleyes:

Hocrest, Something Else and "John"
(one of Something Else's friends)
got to drive my currently NA :o4.44 Claret with two of LAN's tranny mods.
The valve body and his trans chip with the 7200/6500 shift points.:)
The only person that had a QC here would have been redlightningsvx and He left early,

without saying goodby, you SLUT!:eek::p

Maybe Dave, Eric, or "John" will pipe up about the LAN valve body and the chip.:)

Right now, after seven hours sleep in about two, three daze?!, I'll snooze now untill my 2002 SC Suburban Guy shows up at 11:00 tonight........:rolleyes:
TOMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

SomethingElse
10-26-2009, 05:17 AM
This is me piping up!:eek:

I did not get a chance to really put the smack down on Toms' throttle pedal because its not my car and it was cold when I drove it..the shifting was...indescribable...It was like the car was not shifting at all...I almost had trouble keeping up with what gear I was in by listening to the rpm's...

There is virtually no delay in shifting...and dont get the wrong Idea..its not like a "BANG" (hey I just shifted how does your neck feel now?) type of shift ...its more like a very very swift glide into the next gear...and with the chip in the TCU it kept the rpms in the power band by not shifting too early or not to late made the car feel so right.

I dont think I passed the %50 mark of throttle input, never had to. The car just moved so effortlessly up and down all of the hills in WV.

I have owned several different gear ratios 3.54,3.70,3.90,4.44. If you live in a hilly area, or do less highway than city driving...the 4.44 rebuilt from lan, or just the valve body, are by far the best automatic transmission mods for the SVX that I have driven imho...personally...I think 3.90 is the most versatile and well balanced.

The TCU chip is the icing on the cake. It keeps the RPMS at optimal levels, or whatever you specify to Lan, It will absolutely save you MPG's. The car moves quicker with less throttle input, no question about it.

I never got a chance to drive the quick change. Tom if you want to send it to me I can install it in Johns "virgin" SVX...I will gladly give my input on that as well :) he eventually wants to do a 5 speed swap so youll get it back...unless I like it:p

redlightningsvx
10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
The only person that had a QC here would have been redlightningsvx and He left early,

without saying goodby, you SLUT!:eek::p
I just now seen this:mad::p I looked for you and everyone else before I left to say goodbye but the only person who was still there was Rebecca and she was on track duty. I was soaked and didn't want to get sick again after just coming off of a cold.:o

thickasxthieves
07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm going to capitol tonight.

Any idea what i should expect with my mods? I'd really like to see 15.5 butt we shall see.

Splinter
08-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Took the SVX to the quarter mile before it gets taken apart next weekend, 15.3 @ 87 with 2.03 60 foot

Sea level, 25C, 06 STI 6MT, muffler, otherwise stock. 160,000 miles.

badmood
03-29-2011, 09:56 PM

TomsSVX
03-31-2011, 06:02 PM

Tee hee:D

Tom

Really??? almost 3 years later and nothing has changed?? You disappoint me:tongue:

Tom

svxfiles
03-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Really??? almost 3 years later and nothing has changed?? You disappoint me:tongue:

Tom
I am sure that some of us are faster than we were before,
take my wife.....
in fact, why don't we meet up at The Mason Dixon dragway, or at Reading go that dragstrip to just see!
I just hope to get some time to work on my Claret before then.:rolleyes:

Freeman
04-01-2011, 07:02 AM
take my wife.....
in fact, why don't we meet up at The Mason Dixon dragway, or at Reading go th that dragstrip to just see!

Not if I can help it, lol

icingdeath88
04-01-2011, 08:29 AM

Tom

Some of us are working very hard to correct this...

svxfiles
04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Not if I can help it, lol

Smart@$$!:p

On that note your koni's showed up today.:rolleyes:

benebob
04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
take my wife.....
in fact, why don't we meet up at The Mason Dixon dragway, or at Reading go that dragstrip to just see!

Take your wife where?
Mason Dixon would be a great spot for you to spank YTs 5 speed, NA 4.11 record by a solid .7-.9 seconds and get your name onto the bathroom stall divider with a number other than a phone number behind it. Just make it soon so I can fully smoke the rear tires on the Jag before the replacments come in.

svxhunter
09-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I ran a 13.8 in the SVreX at the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge in 2004. Stock engine and trans, car was SIGNIFICANTLY lightened, dry nitrous shot.

benebob
09-17-2011, 06:36 AM
I ran a 13.8 in the SVreX at the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge in 2004. Stock engine and trans, car was SIGNIFICANTLY lightened, dry nitrous shot.

Still a very impressive stock tranny time in my opinion.

Myxalplyx
10-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Sigh....was looking to see some changes here. I'm still heartbroken I never got to beat Budafreak's record of 14.9. It actually prevents me from getting another SVX. :lol:

svxhunter
10-22-2011, 06:40 AM
I agree.

Guess I'll have to head to the track. :cool:

jeffs92svx
01-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Just wondering, does anyone know what the difference between the awd and front wheel drive svx's are? I guess the fwd would be lighter but the awd would get the better launch.

jeffs92svx
01-14-2012, 01:20 AM
hey, LAN, how much are your valve bodies? I may be interested in one. thanks.

svxfiles
01-14-2012, 03:16 PM
hey, LAN, how much are your valve bodies? I may be interested in one. thanks.

http://www.ecutune.com/4eat_valve_body.htm
I've installed on in my Claret and when I can afford another it will go in my Pearlie.

1986nate
01-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Just wondering, does anyone know what the difference between the awd and front wheel drive svx's are? I guess the fwd would be lighter but the awd would get the better launch.

The AWD vs FWD is only around 100 lbs difference FYI... Not worth the loss of traction.

oab_au
01-14-2012, 05:58 PM
The AWD vs FWD is only around 100 lbs difference FYI... Not worth the loss of traction.

If my memory is still working right.
The 1/4 record is still held by a FWD svx, Walter (poweredx2). just before the diff failed.:)

Harvey.

1986nate
01-14-2012, 07:01 PM
The 1/4 record is still held by a FWD svx, Walter (poweredx2). just before the diff failed.:)

Harvey.

If he was "dragging" the car, he was probably trying to run a very sticky tire which would be stressing the diff very much.
I'll admit, 20-anything, a fwd SVX will blow away an awd all things equal, but off the line, in "normal" circumstances, it's way too easy to break traction in a FWD.

I was merely stating what I did because most people seem to have the misconception that the FWD SVX is "so much" lighter than an AWD, but in the same trim, there is very little weight savings. :)

svxfiles
01-14-2012, 08:02 PM

IF I remember between the two axles, rear diff, driveshaft, rear crossmember,
tailshaft ir the AWD trans it is only 110 pounds.
However the gear ratio changes to an improved 3.7, rather than a 3.545.
I will HAPPILY take the AWD and the weight (wait) penalty!:rolleyes:

TomsSVX
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM

Harvey.

Memory is getting a bit hazy... cracked that record long ago

Tom

oab_au
01-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Memory is getting a bit hazy... cracked that record long ago

Tom

Yes that could be right too.:D......I forgot about the 'blown' class. You both were.:D

The naturally aspirated class is held by who??????????:rolleyes:

Harvey.

TomsSVX
01-16-2012, 08:02 AM
N/a is ben and dave w the racer...

Tom

jeffs92svx
01-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Well, i am glad that you pointed that out because i myself thought the AWD would be much heavier. I would definately rather have my AWD instead of a FWD, though i have been running mine in FWD with the fuse in.

Hocrest
01-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Well, i am glad that you pointed that out because i myself thought the AWD would be much heavier. I would definately rather have my AWD instead of a FWD, though i have been running mine in FWD with the fuse in.
Is your trans broken? or are you trying to break it??

oab_au
01-16-2012, 04:08 PM

A sure way to loose the front diff.:(

Harvey.

svxfiles
01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
What He ^ said!

oab_au
01-16-2012, 05:22 PM
What He ^ said!

Well luckily ,,,, he is just down the road from you, when it happens.:D:D

Harvey.

1986nate
01-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Is your trans broken? or are you trying to break it??

Well luckily ,,,, he is just down the road from you, when it happens.:D:D

Harvey.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But fwd burnouts are teh koolest!:tongue:

oab_au
01-16-2012, 07:20 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But fwd blowups are teh koolest!:tongue:

There, fix your post.:)

Harvey.

svxfiles
01-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Youse Guys are just mean!:rolleyes:

svxhunter
07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post

Tee hee

Tom

I think you are missing one.

My car (The SVreX) ran 13.8 at the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge in 2004. It was AWD stock slushbox and gears. It was pretty stripped, and had a 75 shot of nitrous.

Never tried to do better, but I see no one else has either!

;)

jeffs92svx
01-27-2019, 05:07 AM
Man, I haven't been on here in years, use Facebook now. Anyway 8 years later and still using fwd about 95% of the time, no problems yet. Tranny wise, plenty other though

kultur
02-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Man, I haven't been on here in years, use Facebook now. Anyway 8 years later and still using fwd about 95% of the time, no problems yet. Tranny wise, plenty other though

It's so crazy to think you can drive the car in FWD for eight years and nothing happens. That couldn't have caused your transmission issues?

SURTEESS
02-04-2019, 03:22 PM
What about cars with the Gear Firm-Up Unit (QC) added ???
OR
The Power Mod ???

Trevor
02-05-2019, 12:23 PM
What about cars with the Gear Firm-Up Unit (QC) added ???
OR
The Power Mod ???

In respect of the QC which certainly has no "firm-up" action, an acknowledged expert within this forum has advised:-

" Within the solenoid “A” maps, TorqSigGood means that the signal for the ECU to reduce torque during gearshift is working correctly. If the signal stops working a different set of maps is used to cope with the full torque during the gearshift.

The QC fools the TCU into thinking that the torque signal is working, even though the QC has in effect cut the signal wire. Therefore as a result, although the ECU is calling for full torque through the shift, the TCU remains using the normal half-torque maps, instead of the full-torque maps. I believe that this will make the clutches wear out prematurely."

SURTEESS
02-07-2019, 01:23 AM
When I got my gearbox rebuild late last year, the mechanic sent it to Hamilton and got the clutch pack watercut from kevlar - also noting that the final drive set was increased from 0.8mm each to 1.0mm in thickness, so less takeup slack.

The gearbox after the rebuild was amazing, with slick gear changes and no slippage - especially in manual mode.

Since then I have had the TCU ROM upgrade and the "other" black box fitted that i sell as a kit (PCB supplied, other components bought by owners and fitted by them).

The engine now revs much quicker to red line due to remapping of ROM, and the take off from a standing start is quicker than the Audi TT 1800 Turbo that my partner has......these changes together with the uprated suspension means the car is a different beast - and I don't want to change it to a manual gearbox.

jman050
02-08-2019, 08:10 AM
I ran a 13.6 last season with 4.44 and nitrous

SVXRide
02-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Post up a pic of the time slip and you’re on the list! 😎

jeffs92svx
02-16-2019, 01:59 PM
It's so crazy to think you can drive the car in FWD for eight years and nothing happens. That couldn't have caused your transmission issues?

I dont have tranny issues is what im saying. I don't even remember when i was told about it or i wouldn't have run it in fwd but 34k miles since that post and no tranny issues. Although i did see a reman sticker on it, so it has been replaced and i wasn't doing it any good running it in fwd. Its in awd now

jman050
02-23-2019, 02:38 AM
Post up a pic of the time slip and you’re on the list! 😎

Here ya go hope this works

svxnavyvet
02-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Do you have the ability to add paddle shift ?

when i got my gearbox rebuild late last year, the mechanic sent it to hamilton and got the clutch pack watercut from kevlar - also noting that the final drive set was increased from 0.8mm each to 1.0mm in thickness, so less takeup slack.

The gearbox after the rebuild was amazing, with slick gear changes and no slippage - especially in manual mode.

Since then i have had the tcu rom upgrade and the "other" black box fitted that i sell as a kit (pcb supplied, other components bought by owners and fitted by them).

The engine now revs much quicker to red line due to remapping of rom, and the take off from a standing start is quicker than the audi tt 1800 turbo that my partner has......these changes together with the uprated suspension means the car is a different beast - and i don't want to change it to a manual gearbox.

Trevor
02-23-2019, 05:15 PM
When I got my gearbox rebuild late last year, the mechanic sent it to Hamilton and got the clutch pack watercut from kevlar - also noting that the final drive set was increased from 0.8mm each to 1.0mm in thickness, so less takeup slack.

Since then I have had the TCU ROM upgrade and the "other" black box fitted that i sell as a kit (PCB supplied, other components bought by owners and fitted by them).

The engine now revs much quicker to red line due to remapping of ROM, and the take off from a standing start is quicker than the Audi TT 1800 Turbo that my partner has......these changes together with the uprated suspension means the car is a different beast - and I don't want to change it to a manual gearbox.

"I have had the TCU ROM upgrade"

Exactly how does this alter the time frame and the sequences in respect of line pressure and in particular, the control of engine torque? I would expect the details to have been published.