PDA

View Full Version : trans and motor mounts

YourConfused
02-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I can't afford to buy new mounts for my car.
Both my motor mounts are busted as well as my trans mount.
Hocrest or someone suggested using 3m vhb tape to stick the mounts together, but that didn't hold up to the binding issue I am having w/ my trans. (working w/ lan on that)

Wanted:
1: wrx or svx motor mounts
2: svx trans mount (are there any other options for this one?)

I'll post this on nasioc too.

Thanks,
Shaun

YourConfused
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Just bought wrx mounts for 40 shipped off nasioc!:banana:

So how bout a trans mount on here?

sicksubie
02-24-2008, 07:34 AM
might help to be in 'parts wanted' versus 'cars wanted' sections.....

YourConfused
02-24-2008, 10:33 AM
might help to be in 'parts wanted' versus 'cars wanted' sections.....

woops. :o
stupid me

lilbrudder
02-24-2008, 09:36 PM
have you tried 3m window weld RTV? i bought a tube for about $12 at checker auto and used it on those 2 rear diff mounts in back about a year ago or so and they still work great.

YourConfused
02-24-2008, 10:10 PM
The 3M window weld has less than the numbers of the 3M vhb and uhb adhesives.
Tried it and it didn't work.
Thanks for the idea.

Merz
03-06-2008, 12:24 PM
You might ask svxfiles if he has any trans mounts. I bought one from him recently for pretty cheap. It was a stock, unbroken mount that he modified by filling the empty spaces with durometer 90 urethane. Looks much more sturdy that the stock mount.

TomsSVX
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I have a set of good motor mounts floating around here somewhere....

Tom

YourConfused
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I have a set of good motor mounts floating around here somewhere....

Tom

I wished you mentioned that a week ago.
I spent more time modifying the brackets and mounts of the STI ones than I did swapping them out.

YourConfused
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
You might ask svxfiles if he has any trans mounts. I bought one from him recently for pretty cheap. It was a stock, unbroken mount that he modified by filling the empty spaces with durometer 90 urethane. Looks much more sturdy that the stock mount.

I'll give that a try as mine is now torn up after doing some 'test' runs last night.

wantafastsvx
03-07-2008, 06:53 AM
If your talking about the auto trans mounts i still have the one on the back of the trans bolted to my auto that is just sitting on the floor. Let me know if this is the one you need also have another one but not sure if its for the auto or the manual as it was not attached but sitting near the auto.