PDA

View Full Version : San Jose area March 1st or 2nd?

WestCoastSVX
02-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Anyone live around the San Jose area (better yet, Morgan Hill) want to get together next weekend (March 1 or 2)? I won't have my SVX with me (doesn't fit on the plane) so it would probably require at least a couple of you locals with your cars to make it interesting. :D

I'll be in Morgan Hill and will have limited access to a car, so the closer the better for me. And depending on the day, I may or may not be able to make it at all.

Basically I guess I'm saying don't plan something around me, but maybe this is the push you guys need to get an informal get-together going. That's how we started in the Northwest before we got all "official" and "organized". :rolleyes: Someone would just throw out a time and a place, usually a mall or some lunch spot, and everyone would just drive there and get to know each other. It was what everything else we have done was built off of.

If you guys get something going for next weekend, I will make every effort to show up and bring greetings and support for the Pacific Northwest. :)

NapaBavarian
02-23-2008, 09:00 PM
If something happens and it dosn't rain I might I might ride the old beater bike down :)

WestCoastSVX
03-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Well didn't work out, I'm thinking the CA members are a bit more spread out than a lot of us that get together in the NW are. Also, I did give VERY short notice. :o

My wife did spot 1 SVX while we were down there though, a Pearlie near San Jose.

NapaBavarian
03-05-2008, 06:49 PM
There are a couple active members in the northbay and a couple in Sacramento, but it seems a little shy in the south bay :(

WestCoastSVX
03-06-2008, 08:13 AM
With a little planning hopefully everyone can get together for something. When we have one of our planned events, 2/3rds of the attendees have to drive 2 or more hours just to get there. I suppose that's when it's handy to have something planned well in advance and a sign up list so people know that several SVXes are going to be there, and that the event is going to be something a bit special, not just a parking lot gathering. :)

PaulDexler
03-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Troy,

As you can see from my attempts to put together a California meet, distances are a major problem here. SubaRyu and NomakeWan are closest to me, at more than 30 miles away. Then it gets longer. It would take six + hours to get to Napa Bavarian, a little less to some others. A pain, but there were never that many SVXi sold in CA.

Last night I went to the board meeting of Alfa Club, and I will shortly have a tentative program for the SLO meet that I would like to combine with an SVX meet. The hotel has been set, right on the beach, and the wineries to be visited are being selected, as is the dinner spot for Saturday night.

I am promised a PDF of the program so far, I will post it when I receive it.

Paul

WestCoastSVX
03-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks Paul.

Yeah, your state is a LOT longer than mine. :) We can plan a meet in the Seattle area and get lots of folks from OR, but that is only 3 hours away. :D Plus there are a lot more SVXes up here I believe, so you figue if 1% of the SVX owners are enthusiasts, we still have a lot more in a smaller area.

The Alfa meet sounds like a great "first meet" for you guys. For one, it is pretty central for everyone. For another, if not many show up (or even only you) it's not a complete loss because there will be a lot of other car enthusiasts (the Alfa folks) already there to enjoy the event with. :cool: