PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Meet

huck369
01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Well boys and girls
I thought I'd post up some info on the 2008 Alcyone Dragon Meet

It will again be held at Fontana Village Resort (http://www.fontanavillage.com/) on June 26th-29th

Reservations can be made at: 800.849.2258

It's always a very "informal meet" more about the people than anything else.
Usually some driving, bench racing, picture taking, bench racing, cookout, bench racing,...(see a pattern forming?:lol:)

I think that everyone that attends always leaves with lots of great memories, and several new friends!

So come on out!!

Be sure to post if you plan on attending....

I'll try to post more as I can....

And copied from the XT6 site..

"Quote"
The GOOD news is that we are getting the "dragon slayer" discount, which is 15% off any cabin and 25% off any room. Just mention that you are with the Subaru Alcyone group and ask for the "dragon slayer" discount when you reserve your room/cabin/campsite. The discount is good for ANY room/cabin, even those not on reserve for us, and even after the reserve date is up.

The thing to do at this point would be to call and make a reservation if you plan on going, even if you want something that is not available. There are 85 rooms at the lodge on reserve for the Solstice/Sky group until May 1st, and I was told that they have very little chance of actually filling them. That means that if you reserved a dogwood cabin now and called on May 1st you could switch your reservation from the cabin to the room and still get the discount. That way, if all else fails you will still have the dogwood and you aren't left out in the cold. The same goes for those of you wanting Laurels cabins. If you want one of those, call group sales and ask for the date that they come off reserve so you know when to switch.

RSVX
01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
<-- Tentative, sans SVX

huck369
01-18-2008, 05:01 AM
<-- Tentative, sans SVX

Cool Beans:cool:

...but why no SVX?:confused:

GreenMarine
01-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Won't be there... Hell, I'm not even going to the NASIOC one this year... Planning on staying in Raleigh and taking a full load in school over the summer... Maybe after I graduate I can hit more Subaru meets :)

~ Chris

trueblue
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Hello Huck

Good to type at you again.
If I live and nothing happens:confused: I will be there this year, it was great fun last year.

trueblue

huck369
01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Hello Huck

If I live and nothing happens:confused: I will be there this year, it was great fun last year.

trueblue

Cool Beans!
You can always haul your bike up too;)

RSVX
01-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Cool Beans:cool:

...but why no SVX?:confused:

Immortal and I adjusted the brake band a long time ago, and about a week after it running wonderfully it decided that 2nd and 4th weren't gears that it wanted to use anymore. So I got it home that day, parked it, and thats where its been ever since.

Has to have been at least a year or more that its sat there now.

huck369
01-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Immortal and I adjusted the brake band a long time ago, and about a week after it running wonderfully it decided that 2nd and 4th weren't gears that it wanted to use anymore. So I got it home that day, parked it, and thats where its been ever since.

Has to have been at least a year or more that its sat there now.

that sucks... (shows how much attention I pay:rolleyes:)

Moody
01-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Hello Huck

trueblue

You will have competition for the "most beautiful Alcyone" award this year, as I will be driving Black Molly down. :)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/Moodybluesr/Molly/Molly2.jpg

trueblue
01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow

Black molly is gorgeous. Did the XT come in black when they were sold as new cars?

Trueblue

huck369
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Wow

Black molly is gorgeous. Did the XT come in black when they were sold as new cars?

Trueblue

Yep...my first XT6 was a black 88 AWD 4EAT....

Wikedjuggalo
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I'd love to go I'm even in NC and its not that far of a drive. But my SVX is FWD :( so the driving wouldn't be as much fun as you AWD guys ^^ but I still wanna pop out there.

huck369
01-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I'd love to go I'm even in NC and its not that far of a drive. But my SVX is FWD :( so the driving wouldn't be as much fun as you AWD guys ^^ but I still wanna pop out there.

My SVX was a RWD 5-Speed at last years Dragon Meet:D...and we always have a few FWD's there, you'll have fun no matter what you show up in...:cool:

Hocrest
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM

You need to come up. How far are you?

It's more about the meet than high speed driving. Especially if the Cop's are going to be Nazi-ish again this year.

Wikedjuggalo
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
You need to come up. How far are you?

It's more about the meet than high speed driving. Especially if the Cop's are going to be Nazi-ish again this year.
I live in Fayetteville or Fort Bragg NC. I know boone is about a 4 hour drive I think.. maybe 5. I'd love to come ^^ but i can't commit atm I'll have to wait and see how my schedule looks. I wasn't planning on driving fast ^^.
I will be driving AJ4U2's 94 I purchased from him this year. He attended a Dragon meet if I believe right.

huck369
01-23-2008, 04:59 AM
I live in Fayetteville or Fort Bragg NC. I know boone is about a 4 hour drive I think.. maybe 5. I'd love to come ^^ but i can't commit atm I'll have to wait and see how my schedule looks. I wasn't planning on driving fast ^^.
I will be driving AJ4U2's 94 I purchased from him this year. He attended a Dragon meet if I believe right.

Well, We sure hope you can make it out!
The more the merrier:domo:

RSVX
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Bump for good measure

shelfy
02-08-2008, 01:38 PM
what's a bench race? :confused:

sicksubie
02-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Doubt I will be there... Last year was fun, but there are less ties to the south for me now.....

huck369
02-09-2008, 06:11 PM
what's a bench race? :confused:

That's sitting around bragging about your cars....:D

Speedklix
02-16-2008, 01:23 PM
That's sitting around bragging about your cars....:D

Awe man.. I thought we'd actually get a chance to race the benches down a hill or something this year :(

:D... I may be coming. This week we had a meeting and time off planning was brought up, since Jess is having a hard time deciding when to go see her friend, I may just use some of my time for dragon.

When is the cut off for rooms anyway?

huck369
02-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Awe man.. I thought we'd actually get a chance to race the benches down a hill or something this year :(

:D... I may be coming. This week we had a meeting and time off planning was brought up, since Jess is having a hard time deciding when to go see her friend, I may just use some of my time for dragon.

When is the cut off for rooms anyway?

Feb 29th is the cut off date (could probably still get a cabin/room/campsite after that, but they are only "Holding" them for us untill Feb 29th

This is what Jim said over at the XT forum (he set up the reservations this year)

"The weekend we picked out seems to be the busiest one of the summer so far, so we didn't get our pick of the litter when it comes to accomodations:

There are 12 Dogwood cabins reserved and 2 campsites (with hookups), and we have until February 29th to claim them. The Laurels were all on reserve as well as the entire lodge. That DOES NOT mean that you won't be able to get one of those, but you will have to wait until they come off reserve to grab one. There are Azalea cabins available, but they are higher priced, so I didn't bother to reserve any.

The GOOD news is that we are getting the "dragon slayer" discount, which is 15% off any cabin and 25% off any room. Just mention that you are with the Subaru Alcyone group and ask for the "dragon slayer" discount when you reserve your room/cabin/campsite. The discount is good for ANY room/cabin, even those not on reserve for us, and even after the reserve date is up.

The thing to do at this point would be to call and make a reservation if you plan on going, even if you want something that is not available. There are 85 rooms at the lodge on reserve for the Solstice/Sky group until May 1st, and I was told that they have very little chance of actually filling them. That means that if you reserved a dogwood cabin now and called on May 1st you could switch your reservation from the cabin to the room and still get the discount. That way, if all else fails you will still have the dogwood and you aren't left out in the cold. The same goes for those of you wanting Laurels cabins. If you want one of those, call group sales and ask for the date that they come off reserve so you know when to switch. "

So anyway, go buy a SVX Calendar, as the procedes go toward prizes at the Dragon Meet!!! (See Sig)

RSVX
04-02-2008, 03:23 PM
More bumps.

I will probably make it a day trip on the Boxer Twin.:D

huck369
04-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Almost forgot about having this thread over here:o....:D

Looking forward to meeting you and your Boxer Twin, do you two look alike?:lol::lol::lol:

Turbone
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Hmmmm, a pugelistic pair? :p

theallpowerful
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
could be fun, I'll try to head up but wont be staying the night

huck369
04-03-2008, 10:53 AM
That'll be great....but you'll end up wanting ti o stay....if you bring a tent, we have a few members campin, and you could set up on thier campsite..

A "Lose" Itinerary of the meet...

2008 Alcyone Dragon Meet Itinerary
To be revised as action takes place

Friday, June, 27:
3:00PM to 5:00 PM - Check-in & Greet @ Hotel Lobby
6:30 PM - Dinner @ Papa's
7:30 PM - Optional Dragon night run For those big on cajonies
9:30 PM - Campfire

Saturday, June, 28:
8:30 AM - Early Morning Car Wash & Breakfast
9:45 AM - Late risers catch up at the car wash/Wildwood Grill
10:30 AM - Group picture
11:45 AM - Discuss cookout dinner
12:00 PM - Lunch @ Wildwood Grill
1:00 PM - Daytime Dragon & Cherohala Skyway Runs
5:00 PM - Cookout @ Campfire
7:00 PM - Parts swap & raffle
9:00 PM - Campfire and/or gather at a cabin

Sunday, June, 29:
8:30 AM - Breakfast @ Mountainview Bistro
10:00 AM - Farewell & Check-out @ Hotel Lobby

B-Rad
04-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I saw "north carolina" and got excited, but just googled to see how far away it is from me.. 7 hours 55 minutes!!! :eek:

I really wanted to go, too, but I'm not sure if I could handle that drive. It's possible though, depending on my schedule.

Johnybeas
04-11-2008, 12:10 AM
do you guys do it the same time every year???? I don't have the svx in florida this year it's back in utah and I will be in bootcamp and a school this summer and won't be able to make it but if you are doing it around the same time next year I might think about making an appearance! :)

huck369
04-11-2008, 05:09 AM
We have the meet "About" the same time every year.....
And we'd love to have you at the meet next year, the more the merrier:D

Speedklix
04-12-2008, 12:00 AM
I saw "north carolina" and got excited, but just googled to see how far away it is from me.. 7 hours 55 minutes!!! :eek:

I really wanted to go, too, but I'm not sure if I could handle that drive. It's possible though, depending on my schedule.

wuss, I drove 19 hours stright to dragon. :D

I unfortunatly can not drive down this year though. Jess has booked me a flight mid june to CO for a week...

Speedklix
04-12-2008, 01:09 AM
...just don't waste time trying to take a nap on the way, it doesn't work in the day :rolleyes: unless it is cooler this time around !

SUBBYRU89
05-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Almost time...sure it's not like Reading (is there anything that is? I hope not.)
But it is always a good time:D

And just for showing up you'll get cool wall art (without the COPY words all over ):D
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/subbyru89/Pics%20for%20help/livesCOPY.jpg

Mike621
05-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd love to go, but I have travel plans from that Thursday through Monday.

Have fun everyone. :)

crazyhorse
05-20-2008, 09:32 AM

We had an XT'er drive in from Washington State last year! How's that 8hr drive look now? HEHEHE

huck369
05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
We had an XT'er drive in from Washington State last year! How's that 8hr drive look now? HEHEHE

And we've had an XT6 drive from Colorado on the BUMPSTOPS....:eek:

Stevebsy
05-20-2008, 08:44 PM
And what about that guy from almost Mexico who comes up every year...? :D :P

20 hours of boredom each way, but still worth the trip!

zukiru
05-20-2008, 11:34 PM
bump for more svxii being at this thing... I need to drool.

That is all.

trueblue
06-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Feb 29th is the cut off date (could probably still get a cabin/room/campsite after that, but they are only "Holding" them for us untill Feb 29th

This is what Jim said over at the XT forum (he set up the reservations this year)

"The weekend we picked out seems to be the busiest one of the summer so far, so we didn't get our pick of the litter when it comes to accomodations:

There are 12 Dogwood cabins reserved and 2 campsites (with hookups), and we have until February 29th to claim them. The Laurels were all on reserve as well as the entire lodge. That DOES NOT mean that you won't be able to get one of those, but you will have to wait until they come off reserve to grab one. There are Azalea cabins available, but they are higher priced, so I didn't bother to reserve any.

The thing to do at this point would be to call and make a reservation if you plan on going, even if you want something that is not available. There are 85 rooms at the lodge on reserve for the Solstice/Sky group until May 1st, and I was told that they have very little chance of actually filling them. That means that if you reserved a dogwood cabin now and called on May 1st you could switch your reservation from the cabin to the room and still get the discount. That way, if all else fails you will still have the dogwood and you aren't left out in the cold. The same goes for those of you wanting Laurels cabins. If you want one of those, call group sales and ask for the date that they come off reserve so you know when to switch. "

So anyway, go buy a SVX Calendar, as the procedes go toward prizes at the Dragon Meet!!! (See Sig)

Hi Huck
See if you can swing a discout on gas there in Fontana Village. Promise we will all fill up if they knock a $1.00 of their going price. If you have any other discounts or ideas on cheaper gas, let us know.

I will be looking up Sam's club gas stations along my route from Mississippi to the dragon.

huck369
06-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I doubt I could work a discount on gas anywhere...asmost staitions only mark up gas 2-4 cents per gallon....it's the big Oil companies that are rapeing us...:eek:

zukiru
06-03-2008, 12:03 AM
we're only getting 2 cents a gallon mark up right now...
(that barely covers the cost to pump it out of the ground)

there are some great tips here: www.cleanmpg.com

I will be testing my fuel economy on the way up.

zukiru
06-14-2008, 11:30 PM
getting close now!

huck369
06-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Yep, I'm getting excited, with the Pre-Dragon days.....
Gotta get some work done to my cars that I've been dragging my feet on:rolleyes:

RSVX
06-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I will most likely swing up for the day on Saturday.

RSVX
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Just a friendly bump... I am still trying to get permission from the wife to take a day trip on Saturday the 28th...

Or maybe I can shoot for Friday evening and head back sometime mid afternoon Saturday if someone would care to share some floor space, as the move to the new house has me strapped for cash.

One way or another, mad wife or not I really want to be there...

immortal_suby
06-18-2008, 02:18 PM
The tire plant is shut down from the 26th to the 7th. I am off.
Hmm....

I might just make it to this dragon (pending the warden lets me have some time)

huck369
06-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Just a friendly bump... I am still trying to get permission from the wife to take a day trip on Saturday the 28th...

Or maybe I can shoot for Friday evening and head back sometime mid afternoon Saturday if someone would care to share some floor space, as the move to the new house has me strapped for cash.

One way or another, mad wife or not I really want to be there...

I'm sure someone will have some floor space for you...I think Rico even has an extra bed for Sat. night.....though he was hoping to get someone to kick in a little on the cost of the room...., but there is always someone with floor space:)

And Matt, we'd love to see you there....I haven't seen you for...what...6 years?

SomethingElse
06-19-2008, 05:36 AM
ill be leaving VA beach sat a.m. not sure how long its going to take me to get there. ill prolly leave about 6 am. wish I could bring the old gads mobile but when it rains it pours things got a few issues I cant take chances on, so ill be bringing the volvo.

RSVX
06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
I got the green light from the wife, yay.

Now I just have to work out my schedule. :D

Oh, and staying Saturday night is not an option. :(

Gotta get back to the house stuff.

RSVX
06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, the house got delayed YET AGAIN... so scratch my attendance off of this list.

huck369
06-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Well, the house got delayed YET AGAIN... so scratch my attendance off of this list.

That sucks :( ...I was looking forward to meeting you...and checking out the Beemer....

RSVX
06-20-2008, 06:32 AM
You are telling me! This is the SECOND time closing has been delayed... This meet wasn't even supposed to be an issue in timing with the move.

But now it seems I will have 5 days to move, and 3 of which I have to work.

Then of course my wife says, "You know this means you can't go to Deal's Gap now, right?" I gave her the look. Rub some salt in my wounds why don't you!!!:mad::mad::mad:

huck369
06-20-2008, 08:16 AM
You are telling me! This is the SECOND time closing has been delayed... This meet wasn't even supposed to be an issue in timing with the move.

But now it seems I will have 5 days to move, and 3 of which I have to work.

Then of course my wife says, "You know this means you can't go to Deal's Gap now, right?" I gave her the look. Rub some salt in my wounds why don't you!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yeah...life has a way of dealling us cards like that....
But best of luck in the move at least.....

immortal_suby
06-20-2008, 01:45 PM
And Matt, we'd love to see you there....I haven't seen you for...what...6 years?

It's been a while, Huck. I haven't been to the dragon since the svx/alcyone meet where you gave us all T-shirts. I'm working on it. Still not sure if I'll make it or not.

huck369
06-21-2008, 05:27 AM
It's been a while, Huck. I haven't been to the dragon since the svx/alcyone meet where you gave us all T-shirts. I'm working on it. Still not sure if I'll make it or not.

Well....keep working on it:D

We need all the Alcyones present as we can get:cool:

zukiru
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
BUMP! come on down!

huck369
06-26-2008, 05:14 AM
I think we'll be running channel 16 on our FRS radios, if anyone is coming and has a set....

The Tee shirts are ready too....

Hocrest
06-26-2008, 05:20 AM
I think we'll be running channel ???? on our FRS radios, if anyone is coming and has a set....

The Tee shirts are ready too....
Are we supposed to guess?? :lol:

huck369
06-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Are we supposed to guess?? :lol:

Sorry..Num lock wasn't on.... Channel 16