PDA

View Full Version : NuFinish Car Polish

SVX92-97
01-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Has anyone used and liked this product. It contains no wax, and leaves a brilliant shine, read mostly good reviews for it. Whats your experience with it?

processengr
01-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Has anyone used and liked this product. It contains no wax, and leaves a brilliant shine, read mostly good reviews for it. Whats your experience with it?

Hi,
I've used this product, but didn't like it, as it smells like kerosene, and will bleach black plastic trim if you don't remove it immediately. I have been using Black Magic,which can be used on black trim, and smells like cherry and Turtle Wax "ICE" which also can be used on black plastic trim, and in the sun, too... I like the ICE best...

Cynic
01-15-2008, 10:53 AM
I, too, like the Ice. Can't wait to get the car back and give it a good clean-up.

Manarius
01-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I use Maguiars waxes. They work very well.

Nevin
01-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Owning a detailing business, I have tried TONS of things. I have tried Nufinish, and wasn't too impressed with it. Not too bad for the money, but nothing to write home about. If you're looking for a REALLY GOOD polish, you need to try Britemax. They have a 4 step polish, 2 step wax, and then an instant detailer that are really like nothing I've ever seen. I liked it so much that that's what we use on all our customer cars now, and I use it on both of my own cars. I always keep a bottle of the instant detailer in my car too in the summer...incase I have an emergency car show or something, hahaha.

Having a GOOD buffer can go a long ways too. I use the Cyclo. It has twin random orbital heads, and it plus Britemax = a shine like you wouldn't believe.

Most polishes can be applied just as easily by hand if you don't have a good buffer though. Nufinish can be applied by hand just fine, and many others. You just won't get as good of results by doing it by hand.

Anyways, long story short... Nufinish is ok... but your car deserves better! .:D