PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Zandar
01-11-2008, 01:09 PM
A question out of . . . um . . . curiosity:

Were one to live in an area where one does not have to emissions test one's vehicle, what would be the best exhaust solution (i.e. if you don't have to have a cat)?

Not that I'm planning on doing anything like that . . .

SVXRide
01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
replace the secondary cats with SS resonators, dump them into a 2 into 1 magnaflow or equivalent (2.5 " pipe out of resonators into muffler and out)
-Bill

Zandar
01-12-2008, 08:29 AM
How many cats are on the SVX, and where? Also, are parts needed for SVX exhaust at all standard, or are they SVX-only like many of the other parts?

lhopp77
01-12-2008, 08:56 AM
There are 2-precats with one on each side of the Y-pipes and one main cat. The SVX exhaust is unique and there are no aftermarket parts available for it other than possibly STEBRO in Canada. The Stebro system is good, but pricey. You can buy it from the Y-pipes back with high flow cat OR Euro resonator instead. It sounds great, but is pricey.

A custom or self built system is considerably cheaper but unless you follow the proven design of some members on here you might end up with a power loss and less than satisfactory sound.

I have a couple Stebro systems on mine and love it.

There is a Stebro system (partial) on Ebay now that has a link to a sound clip. But, you might actually get as good a price by going directly to Stebro and telling them you are a member of this site.

Lee

Zandar
01-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks! I actually have a pretty decent shop I go to for my wife's car (just got the SVX) who might be able to do a custom rig. I'll go hunt down some exhaust posts in the history and see what I'm in for.