PDA

View Full Version : h6 project

nico i wrx u
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
well i want to ask this question on this site becuse you guys would know more about this.

i am planning on takeing out my svx motor out my svx soon....... know some pepole might think he is going to stick it in a gc impreza but i really dont want to use a gc8 for this swap.

i just got a very clean 1991 legacy turbo and i want to put the svx motor in this car..... i cant find pics of the ecu but i seen some where that the ecu has the same plugs as a legacy turbo........ would someone know if the plugs are the same? also would some one have the ecu pinout of the svx so i can match things up?

also i know there is more room up front of a legacy turbo then a impreza to have a factory rad and fans work.

i have both cars so if i need to run the extra wires to make the coils work its not a problem.

thank you

nico.

It's Just Eric
01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
you are in for a huge, HUGE project.... Just a heads up

nico i wrx u
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
^ LOL

i think it would be a really cool car to drive, all that power and sound from a nice mean h6 would be nuts.

huck369
01-04-2008, 05:08 AM
It's been done in a 1st gen Legacy before....

You'll need the ECU wiring from the SVX, to make it all work, but since you have the SVX to pull parts from it shouldn't be too bad.

I think the radiator will be OK, but I bet the fans are still an issue.

JaySVX
01-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Link in my signature has the complete SVX service manual in downloadable PDF format. The ECU and TCU pin-outs are there as well.

longassname
01-04-2008, 07:02 AM
The plugs on the ecu's are the same though the pin out is not. The wiring change should be pretty easy. Just unwrap the svx harness and take what wires you need. You can pop them out of the svx connectors so that you can pop them into the legacy connector just as easily. I would go ahead and leave the legacy harness wrapped the way it is and rearrange the wires as needed in the connectors, run the svx wires seperately and pop them into the connectors where they go.

TomsSVX
01-04-2008, 08:19 AM
well i want to ask this question on this site becuse you guys would know more about this.

i am planning on takeing out my svx motor out my svx soon....... know some pepole might think he is going to stick it in a gc impreza but i really dont want to use a gc8 for this swap.

i just got a very clean 1991 legacy turbo and i want to put the svx motor in this car..... i cant find pics of the ecu but i seen some where that the ecu has the same plugs as a legacy turbo........ would someone know if the plugs are the same? also would some one have the ecu pinout of the svx so i can match things up?

also i know there is more room up front of a legacy turbo then a impreza to have a factory rad and fans work.

i have both cars so if i need to run the extra wires to make the coils work its not a problem.

thank you

nico.

Not as easy as you would hope... Tried to do this with an OBDII ECU and a 99 SUS... I ended up starting all over with running the whole OBDI harness out of an SVX..> Seperate the ECU harness from the main on the svx harness. Then wire it into the main harness in the Imp. Be ready to cut the rad support and fab a new one

Tom

nico i wrx u
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM
WOW you guys are quick...... thanks for all the info guys. i am going to start to strip the svx soon so i will post alot of pics to show you guys how it all goes down.

you guys siad it has been done b4 in a legacy turbo shell? is there a pic of this done i would love to see what it looks like?

Speedklix
01-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Here
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Speedklix/36630.jpg
Just ignore the supercharger :cool:

nico i wrx u
01-08-2008, 06:19 PM
thats amazing is it yours? if so how does it drive? and the rad still wont fit under a legacy shell?

i wonder if bye useing a turbo crossmember it makes it diffrent?

and this thing is supercharged wow talk about need for speed.