PDA

View Full Version : ITB on svx

subbieatnz
12-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Im thinking of putting ITB ( INDIVIAL THOTTIAL BODYS ) on my svx.
now just wondering if any one has done it before? and wat i mite need 2 no how 2 do it etc? i got some info on doing it.
your thoughts will be apprieated. :)

thanx

Boxersix
12-31-2007, 05:56 PM
I build one off ITB systems for many cars and will be doing so on this SVX motor here for the kit car. However it is quite the endeavor without knowing all the parameters you need. The biggest issue is maintaining throttle modulation with the new system by selecting or CNC fabricating throttle bodies that are of the proper size and volume. You're more than likely going to need a complete standalone EMS to tune the ITB's to get the car to run properly.

All the system's I've built in the past require some sort of outside control for the EMS, usually for the MAP reference signal. It can be done, so if you have the funds and ability to do this have at it. Average setups run about $3500.

The big thing you have to ask yourself is why do it to your car? The performance gains associated with an ITB system are not as pronounced as one might think and can yield increase power but usually in the top end. ITB's on a car that was not designed for them usually result in decrease torque output accompanied by an increase in upper rpm horsepower and major increases in throttle response. This can be turned over to increase both torque and power via the use of properly sized velocity stacks and/or a VLIT system(variable length intake track) that changes the length of the intake runners from long at low RPM(torque) to a progressively shorter length at upper RPMS(higher horsepower output). Cars that come with this stock?.....Carrera GT, Mclaren F1, Mazda 787B......things a little beyond the average SVX ;)

Feel free to send me a message if you have any further questions regarding this area as I'm pretty well adept and equipped to handle any information and/or setup/fabrication of an ITB system.

-Adam

crazyhorse
12-31-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm sure it could be done, using some old hilborn parts. What you run into is metering problems. You'll still need to pull through a MAF. This will make plumbing it a bit difficult. Unless you intend on a standalone ECU, I'd say it'll be difficult at best.

But danged if it wouldn't LOOK badass!!

Boxersix
12-31-2007, 10:17 PM
I'll post these here to show you something of what an SVX setup may look like.

Just pictures of the basic housing/flange layout, something I may produce for my car later down the road once the chassis is done and I work the bugs out. The rest of the stuff is not on CAD yet, and I may change this to an iris setup VS a butterfly for better flow characteristics into the heads.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/svxitb.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/svxitb2.jpg

subbieatnz
01-01-2008, 02:03 AM
yea im planning on using stand alone ecu. i wanas do sumthing diffent with mine so i thought of itb. what size thottle bodies r need?

Ricochet
01-01-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't mean to bash you or the svx.. but why? For the assload of money dumped on something like that you'll see what, 10hp? Maybe 20? Throw that wad of green towards some boost if you want your svx to scoot you along a little faster.

YourConfused
01-01-2008, 05:15 AM
+1 ricochet

Nevin
01-05-2008, 09:29 AM
+2 ricochet.

You'd be better off spending your $$ on gears. They would give you basically the same kind of "response" anyways.

It would be sweet to see it done, don't get me wrong, but unless you're looking for every last ounce of hp. I don't think it's worth it.

nextse7en
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
The topic of this thread, the way it was presented, the spelling, grammar, and punctuation involved make me fear for the future of humanity, the planet, this site, SVXii in general and the colo-rectal health of my dog.

Firefox comes with a spell checker.

Proper punctuation should have been learned in second grade.

English, damn it! It's whats for dinner!

Wikedjuggalo
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
The topic of this thread, the way it was presented, the spelling, grammar, and punctuation involved make me fear for the future of humanity, the planet, this site, SVXii in general and the colo-rectal health of my dog.

Ouch don't crush the man so harshly :p

Hondasucks
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM

I was just going to ask what a "thottial body" was.... Maybe he should go with a Manual Inline Lift Fluctuator?

subbieatnz
01-06-2008, 01:31 AM
yeah i am sorry about my poor spelling

Nevin
01-06-2008, 01:38 AM

Do be so kind as to remember that not all persons posting are from the U.S. or are fluent in "american" english. Poor spelling or no, he asked a viable question which we should still answer to the best of our abilities.

Ricochet
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM

Careful, Trevor might stop in and tell you how mean you are.

nextse7en
01-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, I was trying to be funny, but came off as angry.

Sorry about that. Forgive my caustic black heart.

:D

YourConfused
01-07-2008, 11:54 PM
NEXTSE7EN, I thought you were funny as hell! :lol: I wished I could post something that sweet.
In all honesty though I read his first post and thought "What a retard, but a decent question for a short-buss guy.".:lol:
Yeah, I know that I can be a dick, but I am who I am. ;)
I also like thinking out of the box and ITB's is out of the box on the eg3.3 so I kind of like the thought; unrealistic as it may be.
If it can be done then do it! :D
I have worked w/ itb's in the past and don't see the point in regards to other options when money is a factor. But, your $ and your time, then go for it.

Evil One
01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
my caustic black heart.

I didnt know you were a Lawyer... :D

Jim