PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Oil Pressure gauge???

Johnybeas
12-28-2007, 05:57 PM
anyone installed one yet??? I hate the idiot light thing and it obviously didn't do **** for me when my ancient ass engine just died on me cause it was burning up oil inside..... and it didn't tell me that the oil was low before it was too late! So I've devised an alternative method and found some aftermarket oil pressure gauges that I'm deciding between and figure it'd be nice to get some help if someone has already installed one, they could tell me how to wire it. If you have done this or know exactly how one would do this... let me know! thanks!
-Johnybeas

ensteele
12-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Was it low on oil? Do you check it every time you fill it up with fuel? I have not heard of many problems with oil problems. It is more important to have a tranny temp guage. JMO :)

sicksubie
12-29-2007, 06:17 PM
I have one but it is from a wrong location... I read about 8psi of pressure while driving. I need to find a new location to read from.

Johnybeas
12-29-2007, 10:12 PM
hmmmm ya I was plannin to do the the two pillar with tanny temp and oil pressure. but the motor had 206500+ miles and had sat for two years so it was bound to happen.