PDA

View Full Version : Cloud front bumper clone - anybody interested?

nextse7en
12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Would anyone be interested in glass cloud front bumper? I'd need serious sign ups. People who could actually pay for one when they are done. I would be making them in small batches, and need 250 deposit upon order. Price would be 500 + shipping.

It would be a total bolt up replacement for the front bumper, and come in primer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/Carstuff/svx_cloud_20060713.jpg

-Patrick

nextse7en
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Moving right along... I'll detail the build here, and update the thread as I progress.

1. Building the mold.
1. Savagely remove front bumper from parts car.
2. Sand, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, until defects are gone.
3. Take a picture and show everyone.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/data/500/bumper.JPG

more as I do it.

SVXMAN2001
12-21-2007, 06:00 PM
I would definately pay for that bumper. I would first need to see a finished product before i buy, but if it definately looks like the cloud bumper you can sign me up.

redlightningsvx
12-21-2007, 06:11 PM
are you going to fill in the body line also?

nextse7en
12-21-2007, 06:17 PM
are you going to fill in the body line also?

yup. 123456

sicksubie
12-21-2007, 09:11 PM
The overall ground clearancce would be less correct? That way they will line up with the cloud side skirts correct?

nextse7en
12-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Overall ground clearance would be roughly the same, but the approach angle will be a bit more shallow. I'll do side skirts and a rear bumper after I get the mold done for the front, maybe sell it as a kit. (though don't quote me on that)

The side skirts look so low on the cloud car look low because the car has been lowered significantly.

Patrick

svxpert
12-21-2007, 10:31 PM
i have never seen one of these other than the picture/painting on your post. is the front open? if so, i would be interested to see when its done. (nice big FMIC could fit in there!)

nextse7en
12-21-2007, 11:19 PM
The front is hard to explain.

A black grill insert is back there, but you wouldn't have a problem mounting an IC

Its not a grill mesh, but black slats.... ahh hell, I'll just have to build the first one and show you. I'm building it with an IC in mind.

-Patrick

YourConfused
12-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I would be interested in the front, but more interested in the rear. The stock rear just bugs me and the rear in the pic is about perfect for my taste. Knowing me though I would get the rear and then convince myself that I must now have the front to complete the look.

SVXMAN2001
12-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I like the rear but i think it would look weird with two exhaust pips coming out on the sides with a large void between the two. I think a rear diffuser, black slits between the two would look a little better, the only reason i suggest a black slits instead of a completely blocking it off is...i think air would travel better through the underbody...just a thought. I've seen high performance race cars and exotics with this setup and it looks good...to me at least.

sicksubie
12-22-2007, 04:57 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/facagoalie/dreamrearend.jpg

This is the actual rear bumper I want......

Johnybeas
12-22-2007, 08:33 PM
I'd prob be down if it looks good enough lots of pics n gimme some time to save for it and i'm good for it.

SVXRide
12-22-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm assuming its going to be FG? A flexible material like the stock bumper would be optimal....
-Bill

94SubieSVX
12-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Overall ground clearance would be roughly the same, but the approach angle will be a bit more shallow. I'll do side skirts and a rear bumper after I get the mold done for the front, maybe sell it as a kit. (though don't quote me on that)

The side skirts look so low on the cloud car look low because the car has been lowered significantly.

Patrick

If you're going to do the side skirts, you should maybe talk to Stevesby and buy the molds off of him? Since he hasn't been doing any work on them for a while maybe he would??

WestCoastSVX
12-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I 2nd the thought of contacting Steve about his molds. He actually had the finished prototypes installed on his car so I assume the molds are ready to go, he apparently just doesn't have time to start production. If you have the time and ability, might be worth it to work something out rather than just have all his work go to waste. And a lot of us have been waiting 5+ years to buy these. Especially considering the price he was going to offer them at. :)

As for bumpers, I'm also more interested in the rear first, that's what caught my attention with the Cloud stuff in the first place. I already have a custom front waiting in the wings, although once I had the cloud rear, I may reconsider and need the matching set. ;)

94SubieSVX
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I think selling the whole body kit would be the best. Because if you do any one or two of the pieces, it throws off the whole flow of the car itself. ie; Just the front bumper and skirts, makes the back look like crap.

Though if someonejust wanted the individual pieces you could sell them seperate.

solarsvx
12-27-2007, 10:11 AM
i ended up buying the real deals from japan, the side skirts threw me back 1,000 including shiping and another 250.00 to paint so 1,250 you to can own a fabolus pair of cloud side skirts !! LOL

if you ask me if it was worth it, i would have mixed feelings but they look awsome !! and only took me 4 months to get them :mad:

Johnybeas
12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
any progress????

nextse7en
12-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Yup, its beginning to take shape, I've made the cuts to the stock bumper, filled in the body line, and will begin shaping the new lines from high density foam in the next couple of days, with any luck, I'll have the plug ready to build the mold by the end of next week.

-Patrick

Johnybeas
12-28-2007, 06:06 PM
sweet be sure to take pics so all of us curious soles can see :D

Johnybeas
01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
any pictures yet???? I sent an email to k staff to see how much they'd charge me to ship a front bumper to me in Utah because Dayle ups their price by 400 bucks before he even ships it to you. So I'm curious to see how much they charge him to ship it and how much profit he's makin off us. If you can get a good cloud product out soon I'd be interested, and wouldn't have to deal with trying to find money for a kstaff

nextse7en
01-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I've been delayed recently, I've been installing vinal windows for a friend.

The Plug is nearly done though, I'll have some pictures up later.

Patrick

Nevin
01-13-2008, 09:34 AM
If you can make it look like the first picture you showed, I'm definitely in.

Johnybeas
01-23-2008, 10:20 PM
updates? please tell me its done...

94SubieSVX
02-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey Pat, how bout some pics:D lol, I hope you've gotten to work on this.

svxpert
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
updates? updates!!!

nextse7en
02-14-2008, 10:04 AM
a taste, all you get until I'm totally done with shaping.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/data/500/medium/svx5.jpg

Give me a week to get it done and primed.

Patrick

svxpert
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
<<Give me a week to get it done and primed.>>

let me know, i'll be ready to install my front mount in a few weeks!!! looks like your moving right along.

Johnybeas
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
YAY! so it isn't a lost cause!!!! hahaha you had me worried there!

Nevin
02-16-2008, 09:53 PM
YAY! so it isn't a lost cause!!!! hahaha you had me worried there!

Same here. I was like... YAY!!............*time passes* ...crap.

Johnybeas
02-18-2008, 06:58 PM
mas picturas por favor

Nevin
02-18-2008, 07:40 PM
mas picturas por favor

I agree whole-heartedly.

And I say that because I want to buy it. So....get crackin!

redlightningsvx
02-27-2008, 08:14 PM
any more updates???????????????

nextse7en
02-27-2008, 09:54 PM
You folks really are to much. :D:D
I'm only swapping trannys, installing a winshield, painting a car, repairing a coolent issue.

Flipping a house, watching my daughter full time, designing 3 websites...

Re roofing my house, landscaping the yard, replacing the brakes on the forester, rewiring the f250.

AND, YES, Working on the bumper folks.

Pics when I think they would be interesting.

-Patrick

It's Just Eric
02-28-2008, 12:33 AM
its alright, with everyone asking for pics of your bumper, its taking attention from how havent finished that lip yet:rolleyes:

Roo
02-28-2008, 12:39 AM
...repairing a coolent issue, Re roofing my house, replacing the brakes on the forester...

-Patrick

I'd help with the above mentioned items if it got us our bumpers faster...

...not that I'd know ANYTHING about Foresters...

-Gregory
site owner
www.subaruforester.com

94SubieSVX
02-28-2008, 01:09 PM

-Patrick

Pics are always interesting when it comes to Cloud front bumper clones:lol:

Johnybeas
03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm only swapping trannys, installing a winshield, painting a car, repairing a coolent issue.

Re roofing my house, landscaping the yard, replacing the brakes on the forester, rewiring the f250.

-Patrick

lol:lol: :eek: :pics: :D

IdeasMan
03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
New guy here. Just got an SVX. Looking to get it looking like new and updating it.

After surfing around, this is by far my favorite bodywork. I would like to get the front, rear, and sides together. When that's available let me know. Till then I'll be saving my pennies.

This is also my first time posting to a forum. Evident by lack of any icons or pics. So if I do any lame newbie crap that's why. Feel free to rag on me. Constructive advise would be preferable, though.

It's Just Eric
03-10-2008, 05:47 PM
BWARGH!! YOU POASTID IN DA RONG P4RT!!! H3LOWS R 4 TEH CH3CK IN THREADZ!!

just ribbing ya. Welcome to the forums:) what year / model / color svx?:D

mysvxrocks
03-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you Patrick for some of that work, as I know it involves me. Your really a good guy :cool:

IdeasMan
03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Eric or Just Eric,
It's a 1992 LSL Silver. Lots of miles, but all the important stuff has been replaced (trans. ect.), leaving more fun things to do. I eventually want to go E85 with ECUTune's Stage III and add twin turbo's with liquid to air intercoolers (easier fit), the hood with the scoop (functional intake), CORSA rims, Willwood 13" brakes, and of course the cloud body kit. I also have a whole bunch of crazy other things I would like to do; will probably never be able to afford, but we should be talking about the Cloud bumper.

How's that coming? And what size intercooler could I shove in there?

Hondasucks
03-12-2008, 11:09 PM

-Patrick

Let me know if you need help with anything bro, I'll go talk with Richard tomorrow, gotta go get my beer from him anyway :lol:

Johnybeas
03-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Cloud bumper?

IdeasMan
03-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Haven't heard anything in a long time. Any updates on the project?

WestCoastSVX
03-29-2008, 07:04 PM
He's definitely not dead, if you'll look around these forums you'll see him posting everywhere. I think he is just the kind of have several projects going at once and things kinda sit for a while. :D

IdeasMan
03-31-2008, 01:24 PM
I really was just kidding about the whole dead thing. I was hoping for an update on the project.

Johnybeas
04-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Patrick,

Done any work on this project lately??? I know you've got a lot goin for ya, but have ya had a chance??

Jtuck
05-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Any news on that bumper? looks good in the pictures you posted at the beginning but i gots to know what that finished product looks like!:cool:

Treppiede
06-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Guys, I stumbled across this thread while browsing and I'd like to bump it up, this is the first time I see this "Cloud" bumper set and I must admit it looks sweet.
I mean, after fixing the two things that are wrong with our SVXs (AT tranny and front bumper), I might as well keep mine! ;)

Any progress?

Thanks!

-Walter

joe62890
11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Any updates?

Hondasucks
11-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Last time I saw Patrick post he was trading his SVXes in on an FJ Cruiser... Haven't heard from him since.. I need to call him one of these days, he still hasn't seen my SVX :lol:

Johnybeas
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
ya this thread is kinda dead in the water, don't think the bumper ever got finished, if it did, he's the only one who has one lol.