PDA

View Full Version : Assassinations

SilverSpear
12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, following the last experience with the previous posts about my country, I decided not to open any political subject anymore. But following the last incidents, here are the highlights:

- From three years (approx) up until now, there has been 18 suicide assasinations, starting with our ex Prime Minister and ending yesterday with THE General in our army who recently "cleaned" an entire Palestinians' camp (refugees in Lebanon) from the extremists that were hiding inside it.

- Those extremists are directly related to Al Qaeda. Things have begun to clear again, and it seems our instability comes from Muslim Extremists such as the latter.

- Our president's legal bracket has ended, no successor was yet elected and the country is running without a President. What was suggested is that the Commander in Chief of our National Army takes his place on a CIVIL basis, and the one that was recently assassinated takes command of all the Army.

- Well what happened, happened. I know some of you (who are up to date with the middle east's situation) will tell me that you'd better be guided again by the Syrians or the like...
what is happening is a struggle on power between us as Christians, and the other party which is Muslim (Sunni). (the Shias, aka Hizbullah are not into "Islaming" Lebanon to become a Shia country similar to Iran)
Lebanon is still considered a Christian country because the President has to be Christian according to our constitution.

- Now why that struggle for power between religions in Lebanon? The following is my opinion:

The fact that got the World richer especially in the second half of the 20th century is the Oil that was digged out from the Middle East. It is a shame to see that such countries as UAE have woken up on that fact beginning the early 90’s. This craziness going on over there should have started in the 70 if not less.

From a financial standpoint, Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the most countries “hurt” and “dominated” by the US presence… because the latter is controlling the MAJORITY of their output, either in Oil or Gas.

As for Lebanon, my researches showed that it can be one of the most perfect countries in the world. I am not saying this through an emotional standpoint, rather from a factual one. Here is the proof:

1-Let’s take the case of a newly emerged country such as UAE (precisely Dubai & Abu Dhabi) or even Qatar. What were the UAE & Qatar before? Sand and Desert. Did water ever existed? No. Mountains? No. Clean air? No. etc……. All the crazy projects going on in these countries are purely money driven, in other words, “not gifted”. They are like the plastic surgeries that women usually do.

2-What other country in the world, in Lebanon’s size, has infinite supply or natural mineral water? None.

3-What other Arabian country, has NATURAL trends and ways of life similar to Europe and the US? None.

4-What other country in the world has an excellent atmosphere (let’s put pollution aside), and a system of 4 months winter 8 months summer (somehow)? The Mediterranean countries, or Hawai/Carribean, etc…....

6-What other country in the world, in Lebanon’s size, has GAS or Oil in it that is of high quality and can last for X years? Qatar.

7-What is happening in Qatar nowadays?
Does anyone knows what GDP per capita means? Checking the standing of Qatar in 2005 via 2007.
In 2005 it was running at around $43,000 per year and in seventh place after Denmark, Ireland, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Luxembourg.
In 2007, the standing became approx. $63,000 per year, and in third place after Norway and Luxembourg. The tapped Gas BOOSTED the economy into extremely high levels.
In 2010, will Qatar be in first place, WORLDWIDE?

(I am comparing Lebanon to Qatar, because they are both similar in size and the Gas issue, no more.)

What is it that we DON’T have that any country in the world has?

-Tourism?
-Mutli Religions?
-Natural Mineral Water?
-Gas and Possibly Oil?
-Lovely Beaches?
-Natural Beauty?
-Mountains?
-Marine Life?
-Snow?
-Cheap Labor?
-Extremely Friendly People?
-Hospitality?
-Agriculture?
-Industry?
-Flexibility?
-Customization?

BTW, Gas in Lebanon doesn’t just exist in the sea; our mountains also hold Gas that was ACCIDENTALLY discovered years ago.

Another FACT, that I was able to get from an insider and was never released to the public, is that a company called RasGas (70% Qatari and 30% Exxon Mobil) Donated around $2.5~3 billion to the Lebanon Government (2 months ago), just to ensure they handle the Gas present along our sea border and no other company does.

BUT, another truth remains fixed, is that our Gas will never be tapped unless one of two scenarios occur:

1- Either we sign a peace treaty with our neighbors, and we HAVE the majority of the Gas unlike KSA and Qatar.

2- OR, we require the protection and backup of the US along the sea, and give them the majority of our output and be scr***d once again as always.
(Unlikely to happen, reason... Hizb...)

Please let the replies be intelligent and objective.

Thank you.

Wikedjuggalo
12-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Could be a great country if 2 things happen.

1) Get a stable government
2) Establish what other High income nations have mainly all the above you listed as ? beside them.
Not the bad.

Tourism and Multi religions would help your country so much.

As I read Lebanon is still hostile towards Israel right? I think until the hostililty of these nations can be settled your country will somewhat be stuck and reach a top or go to the bottom.

but the more important thing is Government Stability. These Suicide bombing/ assassinations are hurting your country. You need to get out the "bad Seeds"

SilverSpear
12-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Could be a great country if 2 things happen.

1) Get a stable government
2) Establish what other High income nations have mainly all the above you listed as ? beside them.
Not the bad.

Tourism and Multi religions would help your country so much.

As I read Lebanon is still hostile towards Israel right? I think until the hostililty of these nations can be settled your country will somewhat be stuck and reach a top or go to the bottom.

but the more important thing is Government Stability. These Suicide bombing/ assassinations are hurting your country. You need to get out the "bad Seeds"

As you are having problems with terrorism, so we are. Extremists are the cause of our misery... we fought them 2 months ago, neutralized a whole huge camp from them, more than 120 soldiers were killed in that battle, to eliminate 150 of them. They had high tech artillery :eek:

Well it seems Al Qaeda is abundant in Leb. Hope the Army takes decisive action to sweep them away. :o

Wikedjuggalo
12-13-2007, 03:46 PM
As you are having problems with terrorism, so we are. Extremists are the cause of our misery... we fought them 2 months ago, neutralized a whole huge camp from them, more than 120 soldiers were killed in that battle, to eliminate 150 of them. They had high tech artillery :eek:

Well it seems Al Qaeda is abundant in Leb. Hope the Army takes decisive action to sweep them away. :o
There seems to be a problem with countries getting money and technology too fast as with terrorist. Most of the countries they come from 40 years ago were nothing. They gain money and thus technology and use it for bad ****.

This is just how I see it. Countries who came up through the stages industrial etc. seem to much more stable then countries that go from a lower state to a postindustrial country.

Yeah for Sociology class >.>

lhopp77
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Obviously the figures you cite are from GDP (nominal) tables and not just GDP. GDP tables vary greatly by who did them and by year as you have noted. While they do give some form of measurement--they don't take things such as cost of living (to include tax burden) into account, so can be very misleading.

Not that any of the above was relevant to whatever it is that you are trying to say. :)

All I can say is the Muslims need to quit killing Muslims and recognize the right of Israel to exist. That is the only way there can be any long term stability in the ME.

Lee

SilverSpear
12-14-2007, 01:02 AM
There seems to be a problem with countries getting money and technology too fast as with terrorist. Most of the countries they come from 40 years ago were nothing. They gain money and thus technology and use it for bad ****.

This is just how I see it. Countries who came up through the stages industrial etc. seem to much more stable then countries that go from a lower state to a postindustrial country.

Yeah for Sociology class >.>

As a matter of fact, it is the opposite. Muslims in general and Extremists in particular, love to live in the 15th century again :tard:. They mainly despise technology, but love to own weapons for a certain future "Jihad" call out.

I wish we can go back to 1975 and never let the Palestinians enter Lebanon and form the refugees camps they have already formed. :o

Obviously the figures you cite are from GDP (nominal) tables and not just GDP. GDP tables vary greatly by who did them and by year as you have noted. While they do give some form of measurement--they don't take things such as cost of living (to include tax burden) into account, so can be very misleading.

Not that any of the above was relevant to whatever it is that you are trying to say. :)

All I can say is the Muslims need to quit killing Muslims and recognize the right of Israel to exist. That is the only way there can be any long term stability in the ME.

Lee

You might be right, but what I've noticed around here, is that even the nominal GDP is high, the cost of living is not that high (as it should). That really defies the laws of Economics in a certain way. Gas is extremely cheap, food, clothing and cars (to a certain extent), etc... the only expensive thing is house rents, well ridiculously expensive!

What you mean about Muslims, are Extremists. The most extremists known to us as Middle Eastern are the Yemenis, then Palestinians (backstabbers, I've experienced them, will elaborate later...), the Saudis.

Iraq's case will never be resolved. At least this is how I can see it.
As far as us, step 1 is to clean up the country from the armed extremists, then gather all the illegal Syrians and throw them out of the country (1~1.5 million). The one who wants in, needs to have a residence permit, and pay for it as other nationalities are doing.

Concerning Palestinians, as I've mentioned before, we fought 150 extremists 2 months ago, and cleaned the whole Palestinian camp from them. All the Palestinians in Qatar started to have their revenge on Lebanese in Qatar. In my case, a Palestinian (who happens to work in the same company I am working for), scratched my Nissan all around. Only the top got away with this. :(

Noir
12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I say save the women and send the hot ones over. ;)

All I can say is the Muslims need to quit killing Muslims and recognize the right of Israel to exist.

I don't recognize em and I'm not even Muslim....

as for the killing....I vote let em.

SilverSpear
12-15-2007, 03:01 PM
I say save the women and send the hot ones over. ;)

Iranians baby!! Freakin HOT :banana: :lol:

Weebitob
12-27-2007, 11:04 PM
This tactic in Pakistan has taken (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3099884.ece) former Prime Minister and most likely runnerup in the next election Benazir Bhutto.:(

Whether any of Mussaraf's supporters did or not, even though I think not, it will still set a precedent in the likleness of attempted bombings occuring not only in Pakistan but beyond the Middle East. Another major problems remains is that Pakistan has nuclear warheads that could be smuggled out unless something is done to dismantle them like with South Africa. (http://www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/SAfrica/Nuclear/index.html)

Also don't kid yourself into thinking Hezzbullah has nothing to gain from Brigadier General Michel El-Hajj's assassination, in fact they have allot to gain as it will further sway whats left of the Lebanese government from listening to any US and Israeli diplomatic proposals. As well as creating a vacume to shoe in more pro-Hez generals into the army.

n00b on demand
12-29-2007, 10:53 AM
wow looking at those photos of the violence looks like New Delhi in 1984 when Indira Gandhi was Assassinated.

SilverSpear
12-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Also don't kid yourself into thinking Hezzbullah has nothing to gain from Brigadier General Michel El-Hajj's assassination, in fact they have allot to gain as it will further sway whats left of the Lebanese government from listening to any US and Israeli diplomatic proposals. As well as creating a vacume to shoe in more pro-Hez generals into the army.

He was the commander in chief which defeated the Fateh El Islam (Palestinians/Yemenis/Saudi Arabians... Muslim Sunni Extremists same as Al Qaeda) in the northern Palestinians' camp in Lebanon a while back. The whole camp was cleaned from those rebels (around 120) and more than 150 of the Lebanese army soldiers lost their lives in the process.

They are still extremists in the other camps around the country, our stupid current government should give the order to clean up them too and to kick out the 1 million illegal Syrian labor workers who are still expanded around the country.

After that we can narrow the perpetrators more and more if they haven't already vanished... :o

Weebitob
01-02-2008, 02:53 AM
I can't tell if you are trying to inform me that your country needs to start cracking down or if there are too many extremists to definitely place the blame on when it comes to what is happening in Lebanon?

Judging by the casualties in Michel El-Hajj 's of rooting out extremists in one encampnent, do you think the current Lebanese administration along with silent majority would want to risk the outcome of initiating a nationwide crackdown? Unless, what I have been reading has over-exaggerated, armed extremist groups reside in more places than just a a few encampments.

In other words the outcome of ousting extremists who want to change society by abolishing the current government anywhere does not only rest the resolve of the government but also the people or else it will likely result in another form of tyranny. That is just an opinion from someone with no experience in waging or countering revolution and likes to read history.:o