PDA

View Full Version : AWD Llc.

TomsSVX
12-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Web site is finally up and running, BUT still a work in progress. You can keep an eye on it here www.allwelldrive.net (http://www.allwelldrive.net)

Well the much anticipated (by us at least) opening of All We'll Drive Inc. is upon us. Eric (Its Just Eric) Mike (Mike621) and myself have joined forces to open up a Subaru service and speed shop. More details to come once we set up a website and decide on flat rate jobs but most is as you may or not know as the same as what I have offered in the past. We are no longer limited by space like I had been before. So until the site is up, feel free to drop any of us a PM to ask about services and products offered

Tom

SVXRide
12-13-2007, 09:52 AM
What, the shop's name isn't "we only work on our backs"?:p:D (yeah, so where is that 2 post lift?;)).
Have you determined how close your shop is to the nearest AWD dyno?
-Bill

Crazy_pilot
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
:banana::banana::banana:

If only I wasn't so far away.:lol:

Speedklix
12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
congrats guys. :woo:

NikFu S.
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Do you make house calls? :lol:

It's Just Eric
12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Tom's done it before :rolleyes:

We have barely set up the new shop and already have some jobs done as well as more on the way. In the near future look for a few restoration jobs to roll out of our shop, as well as a comfy 4 door sedan with a few extra cylinders.:WTF:

as always,we are able to do prettymuch whatever proformance upgrades you could want, including auto swaps, 5 / 6 speed swaps, motor rebuilds, proformance cam installs, koni suspenson installs, dyno-proven intake systems, and more.Keep an ear out for new developments.

as always, feel free to shoot any questions toward Tom, Mike, or myself, and we'l be glad to answer

-Eric

ensteele
12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Congratulations guys. I am sure this will be a great service for our community. :D

Mike621
12-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Wow, I had no idea we even had a thread yet!

AWD Has "unofficially" launched and is booking for work. I will re-iterate, as Tom and Eric said, still setting up shop. Bill, no worries, the two-poster is coming soon ;) after the holiday hopefully.

I have looked forward to bringing our services to this level for some time, and now we have the conditions to do. I am looking forward to dealing with enthusiasts and non enthusiasts alike, as we are not just exclusive to the SVX, but already have taken on many other vehicles in our own separate ventures.

And as both Tom and Eric said, if you have any questions, or would like any information, feel free to contact us!

svxistentialist
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Congratulations fellas, I'm delighted to see your show on the road.

I'm a little far away to give you much business, but I wish you every success.

Joe:)

SVXRide
12-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Wow, I had no idea we even had a thread yet!

AWD Has "unofficially" launched and is booking for work. I will re-iterate, as Tom and Eric said, still setting up shop. Bill, no worries, the two-poster is coming soon ;) after the holiday hopefully.

I have looked forward to bringing our services to this level for some time, and now we have the conditions to do. I am looking forward to dealing with enthusiasts and non enthusiasts alike, as we are not just exclusive to the SVX, but already have taken on many other vehicles in our own separate ventures.

And as both Tom and Eric said, if you have any questions, or would like any information, feel free to contact us!

Mike,
Great! Please, oh please, tell me you're going to figure out how to add "tuning" to your services:cool::cool: (thus the question about the nearest AWD dyno).
-Bill

Mike621
12-14-2007, 04:36 PM
There were a couple gentlemen who came to look a unit in the same building who were interested in putting in a dyno. However, I haven't heard any more than that.

svxfiles
12-14-2007, 05:35 PM
:)
It is nice to be able to do something you love (and to get paid for it.)
I wish you guys all the best!:D

And if you need an old guy to explain fire and how it was back in the day, CALL Bill!!!:D

Mike621
12-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Its ok OT. We have you on speed dial. :p

"For the Alcyone Subaru Technical Institute, please press two..."

TomsSVX
12-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Mike,
Great! Please, oh please, tell me you're going to figure out how to add "tuning" to your services:cool::cool: (thus the question about the nearest AWD dyno).
-Bill

If we add tunning, I highly doubt it will be with the stock ECU. I want to start using standalones with my performance builds. Much easier to have tuned and once you get a base map it is easy for them to be user friendly after they have left here.

Tom

wawazat??
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Congratulations on the new gig guys! I wish you all the best.

Todd

SVXRide
12-17-2007, 10:01 AM
If we add tunning, I highly doubt it will be with the stock ECU. I want to start using standalones with my performance builds. Much easier to have tuned and once you get a base map it is easy for them to be user friendly after they have left here.

Tom

YT,
Hey, major kudos if you can get a Hydra or similar standalone to work with the EG33 (with it still in the SVX:rolleyes::lol:). It would be nice to have the same sort of options the WRX/STi folks have in terms of being able to switch maps from within the car using the stock ECU.
-Bill

TomsSVX
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM
I am not enough of a computer guy to be able to do that kind of stuff. The guys that are working on it are using Lynux software which I cannot. If I had a tech guy here to help me I would more than likely invest the time into making it work but I don't know anyone technical enough that wants to sit down for days at a time trying to make it work

Tom

SVXRide
12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I am not enough of a computer guy to be able to do that kind of stuff. The guys that are working on it are using Lynux software which I cannot. If I had a tech guy here to help me I would more than likely invest the time into making it work but I don't know anyone technical enough that wants to sit down for days at a time trying to make it work

Tom

YT,
Looks like BoxerSix is taking the plunge with a Hydra set up. Looks like he's up in NY somewhere, so maybe you could work a deal to have him come down to your shop on a "reservation only" basis;):D
-Bill

TomsSVX
12-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Won't need to... I am gonna scrap the Stage 3 chip and ECU and go with the hydra myself... now if someone would lift this stage 3 off my hands....:)

Tom

TomsSVX
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
lift is inbound and will be here Thursday!! Yay, no more working on my back:rolleyes: Tnx Wally:p

Tom

TomsSVX
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Also, we offer financing for the more established members on the board. For example, in the past I have financed a full 5spd swap for someone who wanted a 5sp, trans was dying, didn't have the full wad to chuck. So I offered to do the swap and get his car back to him right away but to put payment on a monthly schedule. This is an option for previous customers and people who are established and I deem trust worthy. No offense to those who may get declined but I need to cover my own ass and it will not be going through a bank. So if anyone is interested in this option, please feel free to contact us for more information

Tom

SVXRide
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
YT,
Congrats on the lift acquisition! Now, what are you going to do with all the years it will add to your life?:lol::lol:
-Bill

TomsSVX
02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
YT,
Congrats on the lift acquisition! Now, what are you going to do with all the years it will add to your life?:lol::lol:
-Bill

cars, young women... etc...(no smiley cuz I am TeH SeR10u2!!!!)

Tom

TomsSVX
02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
OK guys, site is comming along, but we don't have a logo yet... if you have some ideas please post them

Tom

TomsSVX
02-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Don't mind the mess but we need to re-organize after I finish the lift install...

http://simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCF0539.JPG

http://simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCF0540.JPG

http://simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCF0541.JPG

http://simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCF0542.JPG

http://simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCF0543.JPG

http://simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCF0544.JPG

http://simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCF0545.JPG

Now they did ship me symetrical legs:rolleyes: So they are shipping me a set of asymetricals as soon as possible, but I get to keep the symetrical legs if I ever need them. So the lift is installed, now I need to run out and get some conduit and hydroulic oil to fill it with and she is ready to go... I am a happy camper even though I killed my neighbor's Makita hammer drill and 3/4" bit drilling the anchors:lol:

Tom

TomsSVX
02-08-2008, 02:51 PM
the lift install is complete and operational... Now to clean up, reorganize and test out a 96 leg. wagon on it:D

Tom

Crazy_pilot
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM
WOO! Good job guys!! Lifts make life easy.

Mike621
02-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm looking forward to lifting cars :)

svxfiles
02-08-2008, 06:13 PM
WOO! Good job guys!! Lifts make life easier.
:)fixed it for ya.

Crazy_pilot
02-08-2008, 06:31 PM
:)fixed it for ya.

ah, yes . Thanks.:lol:

Trevor
02-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Lug nuts, rims, tires, emergency brake, stick shift, wrench, LIFT ? :confused:

Lifts are in/for buildings, that thing is a hoist. :p :lol:

It's Just Eric
02-09-2008, 09:47 AM
wow...Looks like ol' beater is getting it's oil changed eh?

TomsSVX
02-09-2008, 11:06 AM
wow...Looks like ol' beater is getting it's oil changed eh?

not now, thats Jay's wagon... that is now engineless

Tom

TomsSVX
02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok, I am in the process of setting up the website. I need a few things from my previous and current customers.

I need pictures of your car and any modifications or maint. I or We have done for you.

I also need some ideas for an AWD logo... I am not artistic enough to think of something, maybe you guys can help me out?? Thanks everyone

Tom

SUBBYRU89
02-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Have camera ready on Friday and you can take all the pictures you want.

LetItSnow
02-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Pics of my swapped Pearly:

<Inside... (http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w187/LetItSnow_photos/SVX/photoshoot_062107/IMG_0587_86.jpg)>

<...and out. (http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/mechie3/IMG_0583_86.jpg)>

Er... let me know if these don't show up?

svxistentialist
02-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Very nice, Let it snow. But what can I say, man, your tail is errrrr... over-exposed!

:rolleyes::D

SVXRide
02-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Have camera ready on Friday and you can take all the pictures you want.

there you go again, violating the "family friendly" aspect of the Network...:rolleyes::lol::lol:
-Bill

SVXRide
02-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Pics of my swapped Pearly:

<Inside... (http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w187/LetItSnow_photos/SVX/photoshoot_062107/IMG_0587_86.jpg)>

<...and out. (http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/mechie3/IMG_0583_86.jpg)>

Er... let me know if these don't show up?

are you running 245/45s on the RX-7 rims?
-Bill

LetItSnow
02-19-2008, 10:59 AM
225/50-16. The grass is deceiving!

Yes, overposed... Damn the dark; damn the light.

JaySVX
02-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Stuff done...

94 SVX 5mt swap with 2003 wrx trans
96 Legacy engine reseal
96 Legacy timing belt
96 Legacy lower ball joint
94 SVX engine reseal
94 SVX lower ball joints
94 SVX AC rebuilt
94 SVX Tie rods
94 SVX interior swap

There's more, I just can't remember.

SVXRide
02-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Stuff done...

94 SVX 5mt swap with 2003 wrx trans
96 Legacy engine reseal
96 Legacy timing belt
96 Legacy lower ball joint
94 SVX engine reseal
94 SVX lower ball joints
94 SVX AC rebuilt
94 SVX Tie rods
94 SVX interior swap

There's more, I just can't remember.

So, when does the 92 work start?;):D
-Bill

TomsSVX
02-28-2008, 11:23 AM
With any luck, it should be underway tonight... If not, tomorrow it gets the lift for the next week or so

Tom

SVXRide
02-28-2008, 02:17 PM
With any luck, it should be underway tonight... If not, tomorrow it gets the lift for the next week or so

Tom

:ninja::ninja::woo::woo:
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Remember that the tan colored spacers are for the front subframe.

-Bill
p.s. On the electrical front - can you see why the cabin light isn't lighting up? I checked the bulb and it looked good.

TomsSVX
02-28-2008, 02:19 PM
:ninja::ninja::woo::woo:
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Remember that the tan colored spacers are for the front subframe.

-Bill
p.s. On the electrical front - can you see why the cabin light isn't lighting up? I checked the bulb and it looked good.

Will do... might be because you seats are terribly uncomfortable for drives more than 30 minute long??:rolleyes::lol:

Tom

Mike621
02-28-2008, 05:22 PM
The bodywork makes me uncomfortable before the seats do :p.

(jk)

It shall be a beast after its all done.

SVXRide
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, we're seriously into the "function before form" phase. The bodywork will be much, much better eventually. The seats? Well, what can I say, they're race seats:rolleyes::D
-Bill

TomsSVX
02-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, we're seriously into the "function before form" phase. The bodywork will be much, much better eventually. The seats? Well, what can I say, they're race seats:rolleyes::D
-Bill

Does that mean I should have been racing the whole way home??? Phew, that makes me feel a lot better:lol::lol::lol:

Tom

SVXRide
02-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Does that mean I should have been racing the whole way home??? Phew, that makes me feel a lot better:lol::lol::lol:

Tom

YT,
Did I mention I didn't get the emissions testing done before you picked it up?
-Bill

TomsSVX
02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I thought you had.... lets hope she will pass with all the new funness

Tom

Tim
02-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Ok, I am in the process of setting up the website. I need a few things from my previous and current customers.

I need pictures of your car and any modifications or maint. I or We have done for you.

I also need some ideas for an AWD logo... I am not artistic enough to think of something, maybe you guys can help me out?? Thanks everyone

Tom

I dont really have pics but this is the stuff that you've done for me over the past:

4.44 Swap
Engine reseal
knock sensor install
02 sensor install
flexplate replacement
axle install
rear rotor install
Coilover build
coilover install
rear mychailo spring install
rear wheel bearing replacement

I think that's it... but its a long list as it is.:eek:

It's Just Eric
02-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I think tom has done more work to my car without me asking than I have done myself recently. I think he just gets mad bcause I work too slow..lol

CorSVXette
03-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I don't think Tom will have enough megabite space on his web site to put all the work he has done to my car:lol:. Tom, when I come down for the steering fix, just have your camera ready and snap all the pictures you need. Catch ya lata.

TomsSVX
03-01-2008, 11:00 AM
no problem

Tom

Myxalplyx
03-07-2008, 08:39 AM
SVX-->
1) Made custom intake (ToMyx) from scratch paper drawing,
2) Replaced windshield,
3) Transfer clutch,
4) Power drain issue (sticking door lock),
5) Clicking axle when turning left - replaced?
7) Reversed pulley install - @ my house (Embarassed),
8) Stuff I've failed to list

XT6 -->
1) Retapped timing belt tensioner
2) Fixed transfer clutch,
3) Retapped timing belt tensioner,
4) Added SVX lsd to XT6 rear axle (SVXT6) Awesome!,
5) Almost done-->Converting it to 4.44 tranny from 3.70 (He went and got a 4.44 tranny for me since the parts I had were crap), He took on this project when no-one else locally would. And I have been asking for years. Big thanks!

The SVX is running like a bat out of hand and I having problems NOT going WOT just to hear and feel it. These guys are a class act. I rather go to them even though they are 2hrs away from me, then any of my local dealerships. :D

Tom has also agreed to do a project for me whether he agreed or disagreed that it would work. Kudos!

TomsSVX
03-07-2008, 10:10 AM
ok, trans is set and installed.. pre-loading those carrier beaings is a *****, and setting the backlash is no fun either:rolleyes: Anyway, covered head to toe in grease... Trying to finish this off before I call it quits for the weekend

Tom

SVXRide
03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
UPS/FedEx guy showed up yet?:rolleyes::D
-Bill

It's Just Eric
03-07-2008, 10:37 PM
no, but mike did follow through with a very special delivery:

http://www.simplepic.net/albums/userpics/normal_DSCN1629.JPG

Tim
03-08-2008, 05:33 AM
no, but mike did follow through with a very special delivery:

Nice Bill wall of fame (or maybe shame)! :lol:

svxfiles
03-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Nice Bill wall of fame (or maybe shame)! :lol:

Why does everyone pick on Wally?!:(

He,he,he,he,he,he,he,he,he:p

SVXRide
03-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey, I kinda like it....I'll always be able to keep an eye on you malcontents:rolleyes::lol::lol:

-Bill

CorSVXette
03-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey! I just thought of a great idea. I am going to change my CEL. I am going to replace it with a light that lights up "AWD Inc." so I know it is time to drive it down to YT's.:lol:

It's Just Eric
03-10-2008, 01:09 PM
If you really want, I can do that...wouldnt be hard

Midaswell get the pesky D bulb while were at it:)

Mike621
03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
That reminded me to change the D bulb in my Claret. Thanks.

Kevin, enjoy your XT. :)

rvnmaniac
03-17-2008, 10:15 AM

Tom

tom send me a good e-mail to send you pics...........or just e-mail me at henryrace@hotmail.com. You may already have the pics of the suspension, modified engine & diff mounts you did on my claret...Let me know...Hell here you go:

http://tinyurl.com/2658gf

TomsSVX
03-17-2008, 10:22 AM
got em, thnx Henry. hope to see u this weekend

Tom

TomsSVX
04-29-2008, 09:17 AM
We have our logo thanks to Njdrsubaru from USMB.

http://serial.cc/simplepic/albums/userpics/AWD_Logo.jpg

Tom

svxistentialist
04-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I like that fellas.

Good pun! ;)

RSVX
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I like that fellas.

Good pun! ;)

Larry Coined that Pun LONG ago.

TomsSVX
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I cannot take credit for it... But I remembered talking to Gary(MoreIBNR) about it way back during the 1st meet I held. When we were discussing names, it took hours to cross them off the list and finally it sprung on us... I thought it to be more appropriate and catchy than any other

Tom

Nevin
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I want to buy something from you now, just so I can get a free sticker.

Very nice indeed!

TomsSVX
04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Maybe... free stickers with stuff... But with approval any car in for service will get one for sure

Tom

Mike621
04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
I am certain that we will have stickers and decals available once we square away our pricing with the graphics rep. :)

Nevin, we will try to include them with every purchase once they become available. :cool:

Mike621
04-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Mods,

Can we get the name of this thread changed to AWD LLC? We are not currently planning to go INC.

Thanks!

svxistentialist
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Done.

What does it mean? Limited Liability Company? Or something else?

Joe

TomsSVX
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, initial thoughts were to incorporate but that changed once we took a closer look at the legality and taxes for both. We are now an LLC which is a limited liability company.

Tom

SVXRide
04-29-2008, 06:15 PM
YT,
Can I put in a request for a version readable from 15-20 feet that has the shop's email address and phone number along the bottom edge? I'll take care of putting them on magnetic sheet material for use at autoX events:cool:
-Bill

Mike621
04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I want to do something with that logo.. I have a few ideas and will send you them when I can put them together.

Subix
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
How's the website coming along and what's the ETA on that?
Are those skid marks on the logo? :)

Mike621
04-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Clint,

Funny you mention that, as I am incorporating tire tracks into the logo.

SUBBYRU89
04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
I want to do something with that logo.. I have a few ideas and will send you them when I can put them together.

I think window clingys would be awesome.

Subix
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM

Really true! Could serve a dual purpose.... :) Serviced by and yes, it's AWD :p

TomsSVX
04-30-2008, 07:48 AM

I think Brian is awesome...:lol:

As for the the site... We are still waiting on someone to get off their lazy good for nuthin butt and help us out:p:p as we do not have the experience not the time to write it up ourselves:o. So still in the works and it will be up eventually.... Just waiting on some drafts that I can revise.

Tom

SUBBYRU89
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
"I'm Brian <short pause for brain to catch up with mouth...> and I'm AWESOME!"

I prefer clingys over stickers (less tack on vehicle and can be positioned any where at any time)

So...If you make them...I will purchase a few:D

92LSiLver
04-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Did I see free decals with service??...I'm on my way!!!

SVXyGirl
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Clint,

Funny you mention that, as I am incorporating tire tracks into the logo.

You should put a tree on there too.

ridered777
05-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I'd buy a set of window clingy's. :cool:

svxistentialist
05-15-2008, 01:47 PM
You should put a tree on there too.

You are totally nasty, Rebecca. :rolleyes:

But I like that in a girl...........;) :lol:

Here is a nice avatar for Tom, I'm getting fed up with all these plastic wrapped people. :barf:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/data/574/red060.jpg

Joe :p :D

TomsSVX
05-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh the Good Dr. could be sued for malpractice nowadays... doesn't exactly "hug" trees anymore:lol::lol::lol:

Tom

Mike621
05-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, now instead of hugs, trees everywhere need to brace for obliteration.:rolleyes:

Speaking of obliterated. I think the front bumper cover to my wagon is scattered in some mudhole and the rest is stacked in the cargo area. :o

TomsSVX
05-21-2008, 10:02 AM
YAY!!! Jay helped me get our site started and it is up an running as of right now. We still have A LOT of work to do in finishing it but you can view the progress here
www.allwelldrive.net (http://www.allwelldrive.net) or click on the logo in my signature

Tom

Hocrest
05-21-2008, 10:24 AM
My sig is updated...

You guys really need a copy editor :lol:

Other that that, it's off to a nice start.

Subix
05-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Sweetness =) & Congrats!

Who's doing your site design and such?
I'm handy with graphics and stuff, maybe I'll toy around when time permits and run something your way to see if you would like to put it to use.

I know Mike had talked about updating the logo with tire tracks or treads or something? Still being worked on or was that idea scrapped?
(I enjoy design...)

Sean486
05-21-2008, 11:08 AM
FYI, a few typos on the web page; to the right of the picture of Tom's car:

"it came equipted with all the features you'd find in most luxary cars."

Otherwise it looks good.

SVXRide
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Good start (okay, so fix the typos..:rolleyes:). Looking forward to seeing the "Projects" page:cool:
-Bill

Mike621
05-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I really need to get my hand into the creation of this website. I will try to do some photos and writeups for the site this weekend if I have some down time.

TomsSVX
05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I had fixed the main page a while back and had it linked to all the other pages as well but that ended up getting lost along with another page I had created. Really I just wanted to get the site on the server and running and I will edit and change a lot of it in the coming weeks....

Tom

n00b on demand
05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Awesome work as always guys. You might be seeing me soon :lol:

Tim
05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
If you guys want me to take some pics for you let me know :)

TomsSVX
05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
If you guys want me to take some pics for you let me know :)

YES YES AND YES!!! We need a good shoot for all our cars soon... I should have the silver running again soon

Tom

It's Just Eric
05-21-2008, 10:13 PM
yes, the site is up. ALOT of changes were made in only a couple of hours...Id imagine anyone casually observing while tom was tinkering about would have been confused when they refreshed the page:rolleyes:

Now to editify my signature a bit

Edit..If you look REALLY closely, you can see the picture of svx ride hanging on our lift in the reflection of the left portion of chrome on the alcyone emblem on the home page

RSVX
05-22-2008, 06:57 AM
There is a confusing part of your site, in that the menu at the top, goes from 5 options to 4, and then as you navigate through the pages, the links appear to move form one position to another... I see that you are excluding the option I just clicked on... but its confusing.

Notice that if you go to lowes.com or similar and you click on garden, that garden doesnt disappear.

Also, when clicking on products, it takes me to page 4 of your products, rather than page 1.

And that clicking on any other page keeps you at page 4.

I am sure its a WIP, just tryin to help.

TomsSVX
05-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Yeah, Jay had mentined the 4 versus the 5 link option but really you don't need it... Eh we may change it up and yes it is a work in progress so your input is desired.. Thanks Chris

Tom

SVXyGirl
05-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Q: But who are you??

A: Lead Mechanic- Tom Johnson

A: Sales & Detailing- Michael Milan

A: Body specialist- It's Just Eric

Fixed it for you. ;)

Mike621
05-22-2008, 08:07 AM
makes me look insignificant.. doesn't it?

Some input:

The Living Ham- Lead Mechanic and Gigantic **** Stick :lol:

Slow Down Eric!- Sales, Detailing, Official Commentator :D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Red Herring- Bodywork Specialist

TomsSVX
05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
There is a confusing part of your site, in that the menu at the top, goes from 5 options to 4, and then as you navigate through the pages, the links appear to move form one position to another... I see that you are excluding the option I just clicked on... but its confusing.

Notice that if you go to lowes.com or similar and you click on garden, that garden doesnt disappear.

Also, when clicking on products, it takes me to page 4 of your products, rather than page 1.

And that clicking on any other page keeps you at page 4.

I am sure its a WIP, just tryin to help.

Chris, i went ahead and fixed the problem by using the same links on all pages... They should all be working now w/ no broken links or pictures. Let me know what you guys think, it is important to get all the feedback we can. Thanks in advance

Tom

Hocrest
05-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Looks better that way.

There are some pics of the racer in my PB (http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/Hocrest/racer/), let me know which you want moved to simplepic...

RSVX
05-23-2008, 08:21 AM
The "About Us" page feels weird to me... the text should be darker, my eyes get "lost" on the page.

The links at the top, the only one that turns purple after clicking it is "Directions". It should either be on for all links, or off for all (The turning purple part).

The "Products" page still takes me to page 4, all pages are still the same. It looks like you only have 1 page of products, so remove the page numbers, maybe?

"Contact" page feels the same to me as the "About Us" page... With that, your text color, whatever yo chose it to be should be the same, through out the site. Along with your background colors. After all this is a business, not someones perosnal website.

TomsSVX
05-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Ok tried to fix the text as best as I could quickly, also worked on some of the background coloring. Chris, your help is tremendous. I still cannot figure out why the "directions" link is staying purple... but I will try and look further into it.

Dave, chose the pics you want up and send me the links... thanks bud

Tom

RSVX
05-23-2008, 09:35 AM
It looks like you fixed the link for "Directions" turning purple...

The text looks better too, but honestly, something about the layout bugs me... its probably just me.

On the contacts pages, the links should maybe not be white, its kind of painfull on the eyes.

joe62890
05-23-2008, 09:49 AM
The site looks good but for some reason it makes me want to blog every time I look at the homepage. I can try and help you guys out if you need some design help.

TomsSVX
05-23-2008, 09:50 AM
It looks like you fixed the link for "Directions" turning purple...

The text looks better too, but honestly, something about the layout bugs me... its probably just me.

On the contacts pages, the links should maybe not be white, its kind of painfull on the eyes.

Well if you can put your finger on it, it helps us to decide what to change... Granted we cannot make everyone happy but the input from people on this site is taken to heart and listened to.

I did go ahead and lose the "links" in the contact page... The email links weren't working anyway and I really don't want to be spammed to death anyway. Not to mention not everyone has outlook either so its best for them to be plain text...

Thanks for your help and input

Tom

SVXRide
05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Suggested wording change:

More of a hobby than a business, we're customer focused, so good communication is our number one objective.

To:

Our service begins and ends with our customer-focused, communication-based approach. We always take the time to ensure that we understand your needs from the start.

(i.e., hobby doesn't send the right message....)

Home page:

Try pulling your margins in a little on the text boxes so you have some "white space" on the right and left of the text

Give your text a little more leading (fancy way of saying line spacing) to make it easier to read, especially since you're using a bold font

Nice graphics, but I'd put an actual car at the top, not the svx hood emblem ("damn, Martha, what's this funny looking thing on this web page?")

About Us page:

Add something about the capabilities of your shop "Our shop is fully equipped with ...". This provides some quantification for your statements about the services you can provide (Example = "We can mount and balance tires", so you'd need to mention that you have tire mounting and tire balancing machines...)

-Bill

TomsSVX
05-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks Bill, when I finish putting an N/A engine together so I have something in my silver, I will take another crack at the site... I need a break from sitting in a computer chair... Something about office space rings a bell here:lol:

Tom

Suggested wording change:

More of a hobby than a business, we're customer focused, so good communication is our number one objective.

To:

Our service begins and ends with our customer-focused, communication-based approach. We always take the time to ensure that we understand your needs from the start.

(i.e., hobby doesn't send the right message....)

Home page:

Try pulling your margins in a little on the text boxes so you have some "white space" on the right and left of the text

Give your text a little more leading (fancy way of saying line spacing) to make it easier to read, especially since you're using a bold font

Nice graphics, but I'd put an actual car at the top, not the svx hood emblem ("damn, Martha, what's this funny looking thing on this web page?")

About Us page:

Add something about the capabilities of your shop "Our shop is fully equipped with ...". This provides some quantification for your statements about the services you can provide (Example = "We can mount and balance tires", so you'd need to mention that you have tire mounting and tire balancing machines...)

-Bill

92LSiLver
05-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Tom,
I need to schedule an appointment immediately for my 92LSL. I need to get this coolant issue taken care of asap. Please contact me at your earliest possible convenience. Thank you....Todd

SVXRide
05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
YT, et al.,

Site is definitely looking up! Some pics of the inside of the shop will definitely help (okay, after you clean things up a bit:rolleyes:)

-Bill

JaySVX
05-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Tom,
I need to schedule an appointment immediately for my 92LSL. I need to get this coolant issue taken care of asap. Please contact me at your earliest possible convenience. Thank you....Todd

Depending on location, I can pick it up and trailer it to the shop, for the cost of gas. You're welcome to ride with me if you'd like.

I was with Tom when he got this car, I can't imagine what might have happened. The car had been parked in one spot for quite some time, when he took it for a test drive there was nothing on the asphalt when he pulled it out.

Let me know, I make trips there quite often.

92LSiLver
05-30-2008, 05:26 AM
Wow..If you could haul her down to the shop, that would be awesome...I could really use the help, I am kind of stuck right now with work and all .Let me know, I would love to GIT R DUN asap...thanks a lot. I appreciate it....Todd 610-297-1190

Tim
06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
The site looks good :)

TomsSVX
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Ok took some time in the past couple days to fiddle with the site... Finished up the products page (there will be more to come shortly) and I also got to work on the Projects page... Let me know what you think

Tom

RSVX
07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Looks good.

I like the look and feel of the home page, and how it talks about your love of this vehicle. It's warm and welcoming.

The about us page with the FAQ style layout feels wrong, after seeing the main page.

The products page is OK, but I feel like the images you have should be of better quality, some are grainy and distorted. Also, I would reccomend that you have smaller thumbnails oriented to the left margin of the page with the text you have above the product, to the right of the tumbnail. Then you have your more detailed page as you currently do (with better quality photos).

I will try and mock up what I mean about the producs page, and host it on my server for you to see.

EDIT: In terms of consistency, your directions page should have the light grey background as well.

Also, these are my opinions, should yours differ, then great, I am by no means the end all be all source on design. :)

RSVX
07-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I will try and mock up what I mean about the producs page, and host it on my server for you to see.

bah, nevermind on that notion... I only have a text editor at work, and you guys have so many nested tables its insane.

tiv0
07-16-2008, 11:53 PM
little late on reading through this thread, but ive finally seen the website
very cool

i also used the "directions" link and found out that it would be 1,292 mi – about 20 hours 13 mins, from my house to the shop...about the same for reading then...

TomsSVX
12-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Finally got a few minutes to update our site.

- Checkout and shopping cart availability
- New products added
- Service rates posted

Check it out when you have time

Tom

rvnmaniac
12-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Finally got a few minutes to update our site.

- Checkout and shopping cart availability
- New products added
- Service rates posted

Check it out when you have time

Tom

Hey Tom i didn't see anything about HEAT:), You guys got that place heated for winter work....I need to get up your way, reference my Koni's....

TomsSVX
12-09-2008, 10:06 AM
we have heat:)

Tom