PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Chrysler in Milford, NH

ridered777
11-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Very poor service. Obviously clueless about SVXi.

I brought it in for their advertised "$29.99 inspection!" They proceeded to fail it for "wiper blades streak slightly" and "some play in drivers side front tie-rod". Then it was followed up by "we obviously don't do that here" but I could get it done within 10 days and have them re-inspect it! Oh boy!

This is just as much a rant as a review I suppose. It did legit fail for a "slight rip in outer CV boot", I'll try and patch it with silicone :rolleyes:. I already replaced one, I don't have the money to do the other in the 10day limit. Gotta go back to my $50 per inspection guy I guess.:( At least he always passed it because he knew me and knew I would do the service if he told me it needed something soon.

Hondasucks
12-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Duh, they're clueless cuz #1 it's not a Chrysler, and #2 it's one of the most oddball Subarus out there lol take it to a Subaru dealer...

(I'm glad in Oregon we don't have inspections like that... Failing for torn CV boots? sheesh... dumb....)

odepaj
12-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Here in San Antonio I dont even get out of the car :D. Headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, done. Oh, I did have to get out once, so the lady could put the sticker on my windshield.

JaySVX
12-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I miss htose texan times. $12.95 for full service inspection + green slip. Now in PA i'm paying well over 80$. It's absurd.

LetItSnow
12-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Headed for way off topic, I take my car to Valvoline Instant Oil Change for inspection. Say what you will about "oil swapping butchers"... These guys don't have incentive to find stuff that's "wrong" with your car, cos they don't do a lot of stuff outside of fluids. Got this tip from my ol' man.

Crazy_pilot
12-05-2007, 08:43 PM
My first inspection at Canadian Tire cost me $80, and came out with a $2300 repair estimate. New pre-cats, O2 sensors, replace one wiper, and re-instal the drivers visor (I had removed it because it droops). I repaired the exhaust for about $350, including the jack, jackstands, and tools and took it to the shop my parents use. Inspection cost more, but the mechanic was a really nice guy to deal with, showed me all the problems himself. I had to replace the rear pads and rotors and bring it back. He gave it a quick look (didn't even remove the wheels) and signed the certificate.:D

JaySVX
12-07-2007, 09:01 AM
WHOA THERE!!! You can't pass inspection without sun visors? Is it like that in the US? In PA specifically? I had never even thought of that.

Sir. Nate
12-08-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm glad theres only emmissions tests in Cal, Even though thats still inconvenient.

Crazy_pilot
12-08-2007, 12:28 PM
WHOA THERE!!! You can't pass inspection without sun visors? Is it like that in the US? In PA specifically? I had never even thought of that.

I don't think it was really needed, the mechanic just felt like quoting me 0.1 hours labour to put it back on.:rolleyes: I never put it back and the second inspection never mentioned it.

black beast
12-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I have failed in NH for no front plate once, never had the sun visors thing... I am gunna get a hard time in 2 weeks when i take it in as we now have some dumb law saying if your check engine light is on you fail, well my ECU does not like the new trans so.... lets see how that goes.

sicksubie
12-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I went to get my silver car inspected... I said I am here to get my car inspected.... WHAT????I am here to get my car inspected..... WHAT?????

That was before I added two more mufflers.:D

BTW if you need an axle in order to pass let me know. I have a full set here in the garage.

ridered777
12-13-2007, 08:42 AM
BTW if you need an axle in order to pass let me know. I have a full set here in the garage.

I passed the next day, just took it ot my usual guy. He said I have to do the CV when I get around to it...

Do you really? I do need one, eventually... I'm looking to buy one after the holidays (don't have the $$ for it before with all the X-mas gift buying)

What would you be looking to get for it? Is it new or used? I don't buy those kinds of things used, because you're replacing a broken part with one that might break soon - not really worth the hassle to save a little money, might as well get new.

Szalkerous
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
I just went through the same deal.

I had to replace some dryrot tires, and had the Goodyear center on Main St of Nashua do it for me. They do small repairs there as well.

While I was there, I asked the mechanic to do an inspect. Even with a small exhaust clamp leak and the same tear in the outer boot, he passed me. I think he knew I wasn't naive, and had full intentions of getting all my repairs done. I just had no sticker on the car, and needed it for the snow...

Stand up folks there. I don't normally touch anyplace that doesn't say "Subaru" on the door, (or "Chevrolet" for my Z28)... but I must admit, they have a really good rep with the local folks, and were honest, and all ASE certified.

Might want to give them a shot.

-Sz

Szalkerous
12-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Man I should read my posts clearly.... saw you're all set!

-Sz

ridered777
12-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Man I should read my posts clearly.... saw you're all set!

-Sz

I am, but I'll keep them in mind for next year!

Aaand I'm starting to poke around for someplace to do a 5spd swap come summer time... so maybe I'll check them out.

Though I think I'll probably be going with YT for the swap... Don't tell him yet though!:D

Seraphinwolf
12-27-2007, 07:48 AM
I have failed in NH for no front plate once, never had the sun visors thing... I am gunna get a hard time in 2 weeks when i take it in as we now have some dumb law saying if your check engine light is on you fail, well my ECU does not like the new trans so.... lets see how that goes.

Yeah it's bull alright! I picked up a 96 Impreza for a friend for his first car. ECL on and a bit of a knock. Went to my now ussual place. He said he couldn't pass it cause of the CEL and told me a bout the new change. He said bring it back and didn't charge me. Good guy and one of my friend used to work for him so he helps me out. Said to just get the codes cleared and bring it in. Now I"m just trying to get my friend to borrow his dad's reader so we can clear them to get the car inspected. I don't know what I'm gonna do about my Impreza. I don't have a working speedometer but I don't think it's throwing a ECL cause of it but we'll see. ONe Brake bracket and it comes home.
-Gaddis