PDA

View Full Version : Injector Duty Cycle Kit

Dessertrunner
11-20-2007, 04:23 AM
I have decided to buy a fuel injector duty cycle kit. What it does is measure the amount of time the fuel injectors are on as a % of each cycle. The reason is that when I have read a number of engine ECU articals they talk about the fact that the injectors are cut under certain condiations. It would be good to find out what those condiations are. It would help to solve the stall problem also may help the work Phil is doing as well. I have attached a photo of the kit so you guys get an idea of what it is like.

svxistentialist
11-20-2007, 06:05 AM
I have decided to buy a fuel injector duty cycle kit. What it does is measure the amount of time the fuel injectors are on as a % of each cycle. The reason is that when I have read a number of engine ECU articals they talk about the fact that the injectors are cut under certain condiations. It would be good to find out what those condiations are. It would help to solve the stall problem also may help the work Phil is doing as well. I have attached a photo of the kit so you guys get an idea of what it is like.

Looks cool, Tony. What sort of price is that device?

Joe

SilverSpear
11-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Is that it?

http://www.autospeed.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?product=1001300011

:)

svxistentialist
11-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Possibly similar, Danny, but it's not the same kit.

Joe

Dessertrunner
11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Its not that kit but came from the same guys.
Here is a summary:

Product Order Number: 24293

Title Price Qty Total
----- ------------ --- -----
[37]-KC5375: LED Duty Cycle 54.95 1 $54.95
Meter for Fuel Injected Cars
--------------
Total: $54.95
Freight: $7.00
Total this Order: $61.95

Remember that the price is in Australian dollars so its a lot cheaper in US dollars. I think we can learn a lot from this type of monitor it should help answer some of the questions we have on the netrual grounding to the ECU etc.
Tony

svxistentialist
11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Keep us posted. That could be very useful indeed.