PDA

View Full Version : Van/Van Island?

Strife
11-18-2007, 01:59 PM
So, anyone here from Vancouver island/Vancouver?
I know Jack. That's about it though.

Imprezzed
11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey...

In Victoria. Purchasing an SVX next April. :)

fuji4me
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm here but I don't know Jack ;)

ensteele
12-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm not there, but I know Jack. :lol: :lol:

Cynic
12-13-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm here, and I know Jack and I believe I've met fugi4me...is that you, Marty? I own a black SVX you saw in the parking lot by Winks. Asked about it?
We could have a mini meet! :D

fuji4me
12-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes, Cynic that was me. I decided to repair the car rather than use it for a parts car, it's coming along nicely. I'll probably put plates on it in January. Gotta cool it until after Christmas, too much other stuff going on! I'd be up for a mini-meet sometime in the new year, who's gonna tell Jack? :D

Cynic
12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Thought it was you...did you get a bra for the front end? Mini meet to up island and visit Strife and Jack!
Have you seen any of the other SVX's in town. The only one I see is a green one going up Finlyson most mornings.

Cyn

PS You made my day that day you stopped me in the parking lot. Most of my friends think I'm crazy to have bought this car. Too old, too low, too much to go wrong...why didn't you get a nice, new little Toyota or Honda, they ask. :rolleyes:

fuji4me
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Yes, got the bra from kuroneko_sama. I also see the green one quite often, he parks on Burnside Rd. There's a burgundy one rolling around Sidney.
Your friends are right, you are crazy and should sell the car immediately!!
(give me a call):lol:

bcpianoman
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm here but I don't know Jack ;)

I know Jack. I see him every morning in the mirror.:)

I'm glad Vancouver Island seems to be becoming the home of quite a few SVXs and SVX enthusiasts.

We should get together in the spring for a bar-b-que. Any interest? I'd be pleased to host it in Duncan.

Cynic
12-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey Jack...you know I'll take any excuse to drive...as long as my pesky job doesn't get in the way!
Happy Belated Birthday.:banana: It was yesterday, right? Hope you had fun.
Hi to all up in your neck of the woods.:)
Cyn

I'm off to work now.

fuji4me
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I know Jack. I see him every morning in the mirror.:)

I'm glad Vancouver Island seems to be becoming the home of quite a few SVXs and SVX enthusiasts.

We should get together in the spring for a bar-b-que. Any interest? I'd be pleased to host it in Duncan.

Hi Jack, good to meet you! Sign me up for that BBQ in the spring, I'll definately have this car together by then.

bcpianoman
04-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Well it's spring - time to organize that bar-b-que in Duncan. I'm thinking a weekend day sometime between the third weekend in May and the second weekend in June.

The agenda could start with a car wash/detail about noon, then a drive through the Cowichan Valley and food at about 5:00.

I'll supply steaks and burgers. Salads and dessert could be pot luck.

There's a large grassed area for kids to play. As well, there's a horseshoe pitch and a fire pit.

If you're interested, add a post with your suggestion as to the date.

fuji4me
04-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Sounds great, I'm in! Can't make it on the May long weekend, other than that, should be OK.