PDA

View Full Version : Texas!

sd2649
11-01-2007, 10:35 PM
SVX meet in Texas??? I'm near abilene. My bro goes to Dallas Baptist, any SVX owners there?

odepaj
11-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I think most of us are down here in San Antonio (theres atleast 7-8 of us here and one of us with multiple SVX's :D). Theres one or two in Austin also. Theres one guy in Dallas (Halistan) but I havent seen him post in awhile.

Dustin

shelfy
11-02-2007, 12:12 AM
i'd like to reconnect with a guy i "dated" who know lives in austin.

odepaj
11-02-2007, 12:16 AM
i'd like to reconnect with a guy i "dated" who know lives in austin.

Well move to Texas than! :D Its the only state that was once its own country, haha. We can always use more SVXers around too. My pearly comes out of the shop tomorrow!

Dustin

Ps. Im so excited to try out the 4.11 gears!

shelfy
11-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Well move to Texas than! :D Its the only state that was once its own country, haha. We can always use more SVXers around too. My pearly comes out of the shop tomorrow!

perhaps i will text him tomorrow and come out for a visit. :D

cozykat
11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Well I'm always up for a meet and we have now in San Antonio... lets see:
1-3. Dustin (odepaj) - 3 svxes: 92 pearl ,92 ebony, and 95 brillant red
4. Skip (dengue) - 94 laguna blue,
5. Scott (SA SVX) - 95 laguna blue
6. ? - emerald or polo green SVX near Scott (which he needs to go and make contact with!)
7. Don - 94 fwd ebony
8. Jose - 92 ebony
9. Danny - 92 ebony
10. Marian - 94 barcelona red
11. Keri (tsproing) - 92 silver
12. Alan - 92 ebony (still yellow, I think)
13. myself - 93 barcelona red
14. Shaun (YourConfused) with his 92 ebony in Austin (he's close enough to lump him with us. :))

I know there are few others (brillant red, emerald green - with tons of bumper stickers on it, and laguna blue) but I haven't been able to meet their owners yet. Hey, we try to chase them down but it lately it seems I only see them in heavy traffic so I never have a chance. Oh and there is the Subaru SVX mechanic in Austin with 3 svxes (but have yet to meet him).

With as many as we have already, you'd think we'd be more organized with meeting. :lol:

There is also stevesby in brownsville and a few more in houston and of course Dallas.

odepaj
11-08-2007, 01:16 PM
4. Skip (dengue) - 95 laguna blue,
5. Scott (SA SVX) - 94 laguna blue
6. ? - emerald or polo green SVX near Scott (which he needs to go and make contact with!)
7. Don - 94 fwd ebony
8. Jose - 92 ebony
9. Danny - 92 ebony
14. Shaun (YourConfused) with his 92 ebony in Austin (he's close enough to lump him with us. :))

I know there are few others (brillant red, emerald green - with tons of bumper stickers on it, and laguna blue) but I haven't been able to meet their owners yet. Hey, we try to chase them down but it lately it seems I only see them in heavy traffic so I never have a chance. Oh and there is the Subaru SVX mechanic in Austin with 3 svxes (but have yet to meet him).

With as many as we have already, you'd think we'd be more organized with meeting. :lol:

There is also stevesby in brownsville and a few more in houston and of course Dallas.

Fixed you list haha! You had scott and skip backwards. There is also a guy with a '93 Anniversary off Potranco, I talked to him alittle and he's in love with his SVX but it doesnt run right now.

Also: There is a mechanic at the Belden's Auto on the North side of town (San Pedro) who used to work for Subaru and I think specialized in SVXs!

seehecksdeeh
11-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Anyone here from Dallas? I've seen a few SVXs in recent years and wonder if any of their drivers possibly go to this site.

cozykat
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Anyone here from Dallas? I've seen a few SVXs in recent years and wonder if any of their drivers possibly go to this site.

There is at least Ray (Network ID: Halistan (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/member.php?u=78)) in Dallas and if I remember he lives almost next door to another SVX owner (who also happens to import japanese engines).
You should send him a PM as I know he loves meeting SVX owners but he doesn't always have a lot of time to surf the Network.
TTYL,
Marisa

cozykat
04-07-2008, 04:15 PM
bump
so that maybe some Texas members can get together sometime. From what I can tell everyone's cars are running now. :)

apocalixto
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
i am in the dallas area

apocalixto
05-01-2008, 04:38 PM
let's have a meet soon. i am thinking in early june. What do people think about that? give us all time to get our cars ready. Let's make this big. What does everybody say about meeting somewhere in austin? Austin is a great place and it is basically the only place anywhere near being in the middle of all of us. haha.

So lets get in gear and get this together. I want to see all of the TX SVXs out there and whoever else wants to drive out to the meet.

cozykat
05-01-2008, 06:32 PM
let's have a meet soon. i am thinking in early june. What do people think about that? give us all time to get our cars ready. Let's make this big. What does everybody say about meeting somewhere in austin? Austin is a great place and it is basically the only place anywhere near being in the middle of all of us. haha.

So lets get in gear and get this together. I want to see all of the TX SVXs out there and whoever else wants to drive out to the meet.

I have been talking to a couple of guys here about something this summer, like a BBQ.
I was shooting for te meeting in San Antonio becuase I think most of the TX people are here. We have like 9 SVXs (7 owners) in San Antonio (plus a few others that are only spottings). I don't mind driving to Austin but not sure about the rest...
How many memebers are in Dallas?

YourConfused
05-01-2008, 09:32 PM

I am in Ausstin and have a grill so we could bbq and then go for a nice drive in the hills. Lots of ffun roads here to go for a cruise on. May have some other sports cars that could cruise also. I am soon to have awd again so I would like to have some fun with others of the same mind on a fun drive.

apocalixto
05-02-2008, 08:30 AM
hey everybody. I think that san antonio might be fine just as long as there are some prime places to go cruisin. na mean? lol
lets start a list for people who are gonna be showing up so we can make sure to keep those people informed.

1. Apocalixto (Dallas)

apocalixto
05-16-2008, 10:35 PM
guess it looks like i am the only one so far!

haha. i will cruise around san antonio by myself i guess. lol:D

cozykat
05-17-2008, 11:10 PM
hey everybody. I think that san antonio might be fine just as long as there are some prime places to go cruisin. na mean? lol
lets start a list for people who are gonna be showing up so we can make sure to keep those people informed.

1. Apocalixto (Dallas)

1. Apocalixto (Dallas)
2. Cozykat (San Antonio)
3. Odepaj (San Antonio)

Are we keeping it to SVX owners only? I might know some wrx folks that might like to come along.

YourConfused
05-18-2008, 08:47 PM
When are we talking about?

apocalixto
05-19-2008, 11:11 AM
i would like it to be dominantly an SVX meet! but who ever wants to come has the ability to come!

Let's shoot for the 2nd weekend in June. Does that work for everybody?

odepaj
06-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Im deffinetly in! (as if I had a choice since Marisa already put me on the list :lol:)

If we do it here in San Antonio we could have a BBQ/tear down dustin's ebony in preporation for his build:D;)

Then everybody could see alot of my plans and it'll be a good way of learning how to do various things on your own cars.

But if thats the case we have to push it back acouple weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how much longer im gonna have my garage:(

I'm more than sure i'll have it long enough for the build, I just gotta convince higher authority to let me use it.

Dustin

odepaj
06-04-2008, 12:21 PM
We may have to push this back anyways :o

I just remembered that June is gonna be full of Subaru/local SA stuff.

Marisa should know; We've got oog and jeremy leaving on the 24th (larry is having a bbq/pool party at his house for them, theres the brackenridge photo/bbq being planned. So many people building their cars. We don't wanna plan to many BBQ's all in one month.

I heard talk of TXIC planning another Hill-country drive as well, so we could all go to that and then plan a BBQ/get together for another weekend or something?

shelfy
06-04-2008, 12:38 PM
i'll be spending a fair amount of time in texas this summer and fall. i doubt i'll ever have one of my SVXs with me though.

cozykat
06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
We may have to push this back anyways :o

I just remembered that June is gonna be full of Subaru/local SA stuff.

Marisa should know; We've got oog and jeremy leaving on the 24th (larry is having a bbq/pool party at his house for them, theres the brackenridge photo/bbq being planned. So many people building their cars. We don't wanna plan to many BBQ's all in one month.

I heard talk of TXIC planning another Hill-country drive as well, so we could all go to that and then plan a BBQ/get together for another weekend or something?

Yeah,

I know about the BBQs and decided maybe July was a better time.. Summer school has started for me so I am trying to juggle some thing right now but if we one person to grill (maybe Scott) then a BBQ at your place would be fine.. we need to get you a grill though...

The Subie BBQ at Brackenridge Park looks to be taking place this Sunday @ 11am. It's open to subies so I am hoping some SVX people will show. I'm going to send out a mass email right now. Cause I'm going to be pitching in for food, etc so I want some SVX people there.

odepaj
06-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah,

I know about the BBQs and decided maybe July was a better time.. Summer school has started for me so I am trying to juggle some thing right now but if we one person to grill (maybe Scott) then a BBQ at your place would be fine.. we need to get you a grill though...

The Subie BBQ at Brackenridge Park looks to be taking place this Sunday @ 11am. It's open to subies so I am hoping some SVX people will show. I'm going to send out a mass email right now. Cause I'm going to be pitching in for food, etc so I want some SVX people there.

Yeah I caught that very early and already said i'd go. Good opportunity to get some nice photo's of the '95.

apocalixto
06-11-2008, 11:45 PM
so when is the svx meet gonna happen?
I am sorry i missed that bbq i was gonna go but things didn't line up.

Someone from san antonio give me a call...
469 867 6355

cozykat
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
so when is the svx meet gonna happen?
I am sorry i missed that bbq i was gonna go but things didn't line up.

Someone from san antonio give me a call...
469 867 6355

thinking the BBQ should happen around July 19th or 26th. Any votes? I need ot get cracking on that. The Subie BBQ last weekend was AWESOME - Pics Here (http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/cozykat/Subaru%20BBQ%206-8-08/?start=all). Great turnout and lots of food. :)

However our SVX population is suffering.. a local owner Danny (has a black 92 SVX w/ new tranny) is planning on selling his for $2800 I believe.. :(

apocalixto, I will be calling you soon.

apocalixto
06-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey,

Let's do it on the 19th. I will try to get the other guy in Dallas that I know to come along as well. I just won't be able to do it on the 26th...so the 19th should be perfect.

Hopefully my car will be lowered by that point too!! I have the coilovers...but not enough money to get them put on yet.

YourConfused
06-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey,

Let's do it on the 19th. I will try to get the other guy in Dallas that I know to come along as well. I just won't be able to do it on the 26th...so the 19th should be perfect.

Hopefully my car will be lowered by that point too!! I have the coilovers...but not enough money to get them put on yet.

I could do it on the 19th, but not the 26th.

apocalixto
06-14-2008, 10:06 AM
so thats 2 for the 19th...well 3 i guess since cozy suggested the date. haha.

well i don't know anybody from the other cities but get a count of how many people from san antonio are gonna make it...and how many from austin. hopefully this will be really fun!

and make sure to contact me by PM or calling me *469 867 6355*

apocalixto
06-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey everybody,

I just talked to Cozykat yesterday and she said that the 19th should be a go. Either going to be at an SVX owner's house or at the park where they had the last Subaru meet.

She will post the location soon.

Thanks!

Calixto

apocalixto
07-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey everybody. I hope people have been reading about the meet!
I am super excited about meeting up with more svx lovers. Please contact me either by calling or by emailing me to see if you can make it!

469 867 6355
cromero@smu.edu

cozykat
07-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey everybody. I hope people have been reading about the meet!
I am super excited about meeting up with more svx lovers. Please contact me either by calling or by emailing me to see if you can make it!

469 867 6355
cromero@smu.edu

Dustin and myself will be going on the drive tomorrow to map it out for anyone interested.
The plan is that was meet early on Saturday and go for a scenic drive. Then we will return and have the BBQ at Brackenridge Park. I am not sure how many are up for the drive thus why the BBQ will be after the drive.

apocalixto
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
hey,

i am totally down for the drive...but remember i am driving from dallas so what time do i need to meet up with you all? and will I have time for my car to rest for like 30 minutes?

cozykat
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey,
Once Dustin and myself map out the drive today, we'll let you know how long it will take and that will give us a better idea what time to schedule it. I know you are driving down from Dallas so I am thinking you need to be alotted like 5 hours for that. Are you staying in SA overnight or you doing a round-a-bout and returning to Dallas the same day?

ttys

apocalixto
07-15-2008, 05:39 PM
round-a-bout. doesn't matter what time we leave san antonio...for the drive there we need to know what time we need to leave dallas. what time is the drive starting?

odepaj
07-16-2008, 03:45 AM
:D:D

The drive is gonna be LOTS of fun! It's about 140 miles and gets VERY twisty in some spots. Caution is the name of the game for Saturady, we dont want anybody shaking hands with a rock wall face or tree.......

The numbers for the meet are looking pretty good so far;

For the drive we've got:
Me
Marisa
Apocalixto
Tomas (if keri ever calls him back about finally buying the SVX from her)
Shaun (possibly)

And for the BBQ: (everybody already listed)
Scott
Skip
Don (possibly)

Plus any other Subaru's that show up. I think a few WRX guys might join us and heard talk of acouple Legacys/Outbacks joining aswell.

Im gonna try and borrow a camcorder and attempt to make the "in-car camera mount" that they showed on the last PRoN episode.

Dustin

odepaj
07-16-2008, 05:01 AM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1668/hillcountrydrivezs6.png

Hope that gives anyone a rough idea of what the drive will be like.

1604 & Highway 16/Bandera Road, left onto Park Road 37, right onto Ranch Road 1283, left onto Highway 16/Bandera Road, keep right on Highway 16/173, take Highway 16/Medina Highway to IH-10, IH-10 & 1604 (less than 5miles from where we start :lol:)

Dustin

Ps. Just to make things clear, the route is the red (with patches of yellow) line.

YourConfused
07-16-2008, 06:41 AM
I am ordering new mounts, but had better not drive it much with blown mounts. I will be there for the bbq, and anything that may happen afterwards.

apocalixto
07-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I am so excited about the meet. I just put on the crank pulley, the green filter, and the (sorta ricey...but hey...it actually looks cool) b-pipe from Motorsport.

I can't wait....what time are we meeting?

cozykat
07-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I am so excited about the meet. I just put on the crank pulley, the green filter, and the (sorta ricey...but hey...it actually looks cool) b-pipe from Motorsport.

I can't wait....what time are we meeting?

We are pretty much wondering when you can be here so we can schedule it. lol Cause you are looking at maybe a 5 hour drive possibly.. so lets say you leave at 7am, here by noon, then we can go for the drive at 1pm, get back around 3pm and have the bbq.
Originally I thought we could do the drive at like 11:30 to make sure we are done around 2pm and then we can have the BBQ but I don't want you to miss the drive sooo when are you arriving? lol

I think you should come friday night. lol i have 2 comfy couches...... ask Shaun.

cozykat
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
I am ordering new mounts, but had better not drive it much with blown mounts. I will be there for the bbq, and anything that may happen afterwards.

all your mounts blown? I need to replace one engine mount (driver side) Hae the replacement but I just haven't had the time to get around to it...

cozykat
07-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Saturday, July 19th: BBQ/Hill Country Drive Update

BBQ Schedule is:

12pm (noon):
Hill Country Drive before the BBQ which will take about 2 hours in length. We will be meeting at the Home Depot off of Bandera.
The path is essentially: 1604 & Highway 16/Bandera Road, left onto Park Road 37, right onto Ranch Road 1283, left onto Highway 16/Bandera Road, keep right on Highway 16/173, take Highway 16/Medina Highway to IH-10, IH-10 & 1604 (about 5 miles from where we start) - Route: http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/447555e2.jpg

3pm:
BBQ time @ Brackenridge Park - corner of Tuleta and Brackenridge Dr (Picture: http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/0066be47.gif ). We will go directly there from the hc drive so it may start a little eariler, just depends on how long the drive takes.

The BBQ will go on as long as everyone wants but I would say at least until 6pm.

Again, I'm still looking for grilling volunteers otherwise.. lets hope i don't burn anything!

going to buy the supplies tomorrow (technically later today).

~Marisa

apocalixto
07-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey everybody!
The meet was absolutely fantastic. Mic and I had a great time and I can't wait for the next meets. Hopefully at some point we can do a meet here in Dallas and possibly in Austin as well. Well, i have a TON of great pictures....if you all want to seem some please let me know!

odepaj
07-20-2008, 04:55 PM
I deffinetly wanna see the pictures!!

Had a great time at the meet! :o Getting my oil leak fixed tomorrow so you guys don't have to fret about following behind me :lol:

Looking forward to the pictures.

Dustin

apocalixto
07-20-2008, 11:20 PM
here are the pics from my own personal camera from the meet...mic should have more once he uploads them...then i shall post them as well!

just check out my photobucket.

San Antonio Meet (http://www.photobucket.com/apocalixto)

sd2649
07-21-2008, 08:17 AM
holy crap! this is what I get for skipping the forum for 4 months (new hectic job). I can't believe I missed this! And I started this thread too!! what an idiot. (kicking myself)

apocalixto
07-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey,

the meet was quite fun but hopefully we will do another one before the summer is over! i would really like for a lot more of us to do a drive together!

odepaj
07-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Next drive in Austin?

YourConfused knows a pretty twisty road around there somewhere :D

Maybe by then I'll have the coilovers in the ebony so I don't have to yell "NEMESIS!!!!" at Matt everytime we hit a corner:lol:

Dustin

apocalixto
07-21-2008, 11:32 AM
when could we all do the next drive? like next month? or what?

oh ya...update on my car...
the overheating problem went away...but as soon as i got back into dallas at about 3:00AM I noticed the temp go up to about 3/4 after we exited the highway. i checked the radiator fluid yesterday morning and it looked chunky of course...is it worth just going ahead and getting the PWR radiator or just replacing the radiator with an OEM one?

odepaj
07-21-2008, 11:44 AM
when could we all do the next drive? like next month? or what?

oh ya...update on my car...
the overheating problem went away...but as soon as i got back into dallas at about 3:00AM I noticed the temp go up to about 3/4 after we exited the highway. i checked the radiator fluid yesterday morning and it looked chunky of course...is it worth just going ahead and getting the PWR radiator or just replacing the radiator with an OEM one?

TXIC is planning a GC meet for August, I know they are inviting other Subarus. Maybe we should try to make it to that? I'm probably going, but I don't know what route they are taking.

Flush the fluid again? Im gonna need a radiator now also....

I let Tomas borrow mine until he could get a new one and now mine cracked..:(

So hes killed two radiators in two days (while owning his SVX for only three days).....

Don't know how he does it....

Dustin

Edit: Im just gonna go with a PWR, but only because I'll have time to save up the proper funding for one.

apocalixto
07-21-2008, 12:37 PM
wait...when and where in august? i will definitely try to make it if i can. i think i might go with the pwr as well...i just have to save the money for it. should i just buy it from ebay...or who has it any cheaper?

cozykat
07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey everybody!
The meet was absolutely fantastic. Mic and I had a great time and I can't wait for the next meets. Hopefully at some point we can do a meet here in Dallas and possibly in Austin as well. Well, i have a TON of great pictures....if you all want to seem some please let me know!

ditto! I had an awesome time and wish it lasted longer.. or we could do it every weekend. Maybe next time, I'll be in my house and I'll have better accomodations aside from my couches. :D

Also, I want pics!!! i will post the couple i took on photobucket and then paste the link here later today.. right now i am in class... boring!

odepaj
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
GC meet in Austin: August 1st-3rd

Friday:
If anyone's in town, we can get together at Plucker's at 183/Burnet around 8 or later.

Saturday...
-Meet at the NorthEast corner of Barton Square Creek mall (the part looking over downtown).
-Hill Country drive that I've drawn up, make some stops, see some nice places, yadda yadda.
-Eventually make our ways to Dave and Busters over at 183/Mopac. Eat, drink, play.

Sunday
Breakfast at Manny Hattan's... same retail area as D&B's

seehecksdeeh
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Calixto, much appreciated.

Sorry I couldn't make it, guys. As far as money goes, the timing couldn't have been more inconvenient, haha. Hopefully we can arrange for another meet, and I will definitely try to make it.

apocalixto
07-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey i will def try to make it for the hill country drive again...that was so dope. I don't have a place to stay...unless you know someone that can house me. i guess i could get a hotel room at a westin (i work at a westin here in dallas as a doorman...)

i should have more pics soon...from mic's cam

cozykat
07-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Pics from my camera phone (http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/cozykat/SVX%20BBQ%207-19-08/)

Sorry some are not so great... apparently, i was a little too snap happy. lol

Next time I think we can for sure get Scott and Don to come out.. and hopefully Skip will come at a decent time instead of at night so you can actually see that his svx is blue, instead of imagine it. lol

cozykat
07-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Calixto, much appreciated.

Sorry I couldn't make it, guys. As far as money goes, the timing couldn't have been more inconvenient, haha. Hopefully we can arrange for another meet, and I will definitely try to make it.

I'm going to try for another SVX meet in August, after I get settled into my house. I'll be doing a lot of moving about around August 1st so maybe two weeks from then?

YourConfused
07-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Did we all forget to thank Dustin for the 'lube-job'? Now I need a new hood! j/k Actually I ordered it today, hope to get it by next week, and a new fender too. thanks for the pics all.

apocalixto
07-22-2008, 01:32 AM
ya thanks dustin! i still haven't washed mine off! haha. i am so excited for the next meet you all. i had a blast...i am glad i have some friends that are actually familiar with the svx...haha...all my friends just think i drive some spaceship. haha.

apocalixto
07-22-2008, 01:48 AM
ok....now if you go to my photobucket you can see mic's pictures from the meet as well...he had more of the pics from the drive!SVX Meet Pics (http://www.photobucket.com/apocalixto)

odepaj
09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm tired of being N/A.....

Gonna start up "teh projekt" again :ninja::D

apocalixto
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
ya i am talking to some people up here about going turbo on mine. we shall see....it will be fun stuff.

apocalixto
10-30-2008, 10:21 AM
when are we meeting next? i finally got my car back up and running after a terrible time trying to get it that way. anyway...i would be really interested in finding out when our next meet would be.

let's try for sometime within the near future!

haha.

Stevebsy
01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah...when's the next meet?

YourConfused
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
If Dustin gets of his butt and actually works on one of his cars:p I could borrow it and meet you guys. Otherwise I am out until summer-ish time.

cozykat
01-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Wow stevesby! where have you been! lol

Well, with my car having Shaun's old engine in it as we both rebuild engines... it seems that an immediate future of a meet may not be happening.
Hopefully when it gets warmer we'll have a chance to do a get together. :)

apocalixto
01-21-2009, 10:35 PM
ya i am about to put mine down to boost it. lol. but it may not be until march that i put it down. i just rebuilt the motor :eek::eek::eek::eek:

sd2649
08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, I sould really get on more often! Well, I just moved to San Antonio a month ago with my two SVXi. Weird story, I ordered pizza delivered by "the House of Pizza & Chinese Cuisine" and the delivery guy (Ron on the receipt) asked me about my svx. He asked me if I had ever heard of his friend Dustin to which I replied not really. He then said that he was on all the forums as odepaj, to which I of course stated that I had heard of him. Anyways, he said yall get together every Saturday somewhere in SA?? I live in Braun Station West on the northwest side of SA. Still having meets? :)

EDIT

LOL, I just noticed that I was the opening poster of this thread nearly 3 years ago! I also noticed that your first meet is right near where I live, in fact I have spent quite a bit of time in that exact Home Depot parkinglot, buying supplies to fix up my house. I was only 2 1/2 years late! We need to have another meet!!

svxfiles
08-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Nick now has his 1996 "Pitch Black" SVX at Dyess AFB, TX 79607.:)

sd2649
08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
LOL, figures. Right when I leave that area...

sd2649
08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Also, I saw this SVX near Hemisfare park in downtown SA last Thursday. It was parked in an old church parking lot.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs003.ash2/33491_517913685665_100400988_30601418_7151726_n.jp g

Belong to anyone on here??

cozykat
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
^ haha. Wheels are on backwards.

Dustin (odepaj) doesn't come out to the Subaru meet much anymore. He still has all his SVXi though.

We have a subaru meet every Thursday night @ 7:30pm. The location varies sometimes but mostly it is at: Willie's Icehouse and Grill, NW Military Drive, 4051 NW Loop 1604, San Antonio, TX 78257. I can start posting the meet info here too if you like. Currenly I only post in TXIC on NASIOC since I'm the only SVX that shows up. :lol:
Also I've started going to AutoX. The next event is this Sunday at Blossom Field Stadium (12002 Jones Maltsberger Road -- San Antonio, Texas 78238). It's every two weeks, alternating between Blossom Stadium and the San Antonio Raceway.

I live near you in the Great Northwest right off Tezel road several streets south of Braun. If you want to meet up outside a meet, lmk.

Don't have my SVX right this moment as its in the shop - I'm having a spot removed from my rear bumper. :rolleyes:

sd2649
08-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Lol @ the wheels, mine were on backwards when I first got it years ago and I have never gotten around to changing it.... Most people would never know... Anyways, I am just off of guilbeau and manage at the walmart on guilbeau and bandera. It's crazy how quiet this forum seems to be now. I was going fort a few more active members in this area. I see you are rebuilding an engine? Anything crazy, or just a new stock build?

odepaj
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Lol @ the wheels, mine were on backwards when I first got it years ago and I have never gotten around to changing it.... Most people would never know... Anyways, I am just off of guilbeau and manage at the walmart on guilbeau and bandera. It's crazy how quiet this forum seems to be now. I was going fort a few more active members in this area. I see you are rebuilding an engine? Anything crazy, or just a new stock build?

Hey, sorry I took so long to reply!

I see your car at that Wal-Mart all the time. And Jr (Ron) had told me he talked to you.

Another SVXer (Tomas) used to work in TLE at that Wal-Mart even, he in fact just saw you leaving because he was dropping off his girlfriend (who also works there).

sd2649
08-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Wow, its a crazy small world! What is the name of the associate that still works there? I am the asset protection coordinator and market investigator out of there.. i probably know who you are talking about.. you shop there often?

P.s. i just trailered my parts svx here today.. time to get rid of that horrible front grill!

odepaj
08-14-2010, 04:41 AM
Wow, its a crazy small world! What is the name of the associate that still works there? I am the asset protection coordinator and market investigator out of there.. i probably know who you are talking about.. you shop there often?

P.s. i just trailered my parts svx here today.. time to get rid of that horrible front grill!

She actually works in the McDonalds, Vanessa I think is her name.

I've only been in there once or twice but have gone over there a few times with Tomas.

I could use a parts car :( upkeep on three SVXs is crazy.

Stevebsy
08-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Hey fellow TXers

I've got a couple free parts I'm trying to get rid of. I'll be up in SA on Sept 23 if anyone is interested, please send me a PM

1 complete rear bumper including the metal structure that bolts to the car
1 trunklid no spoiler

odepaj
08-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Hey fellow TXers

I've got a couple free parts I'm trying to get rid of. I'll be up in SA on Sept 23 if anyone is interested, please send me a PM

1 trunklid no spoiler

What color? I might be interested.

Stevebsy
08-15-2010, 09:26 AM
The bumper is the green color, not sure if it is the teal or the polo version of green..but it is complete ready to bolt into the holes that are in the trunk.

The trunklid is black. I can't remember if it has spoiler holes or not, but I'd lean towards that it does have the holes.

Did I mention that they're free :p

cozykat
08-16-2010, 02:29 PM
The Texas forum has always been kinda quiet. Although we have a large number of SVXs in the area. I have joined the multiple svx owners club, with a non-running pearl in my backyard. Hah! But its a project I will get to once my engine build is complete. I'm building for a forced induction setup. Initially I wanted a twin turbo set up but the amount of chopping I'd probably have to do has me now leaning towards large single. You can see my build thread here (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49538&page=3).

Hey fellow TXers

1 trunklid no spoiler
Hey Steve, I don't need the parts but I'd look forward to lunch/dinner when you pass through. :)

mkud28
08-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I would love a bumper, but I am up in Dallas. Mine has a hole in it and I don't know if it can be fixed. I would like to meet up with some of you fellow Texans at some point.

mkud28
08-17-2010, 01:05 AM
So interesting story. I will be traveling through there on around the 23rd to victoria, I could come in on the 23rd to get a free bumper and trunk lid if no one else wants it :) Unfortunately I will not be bringing my SVX as I have to carpool with some people down to a wedding.

odepaj
08-17-2010, 04:18 PM
The bumper is the green color, not sure if it is the teal or the polo version of green..but it is complete ready to bolt into the holes that are in the trunk.

The trunklid is black. I can't remember if it has spoiler holes or not, but I'd lean towards that it does have the holes.

Did I mention that they're free :p

I'll take the trunklid! I need one for my ebony :o

And if you want to drop the bumper off with me, I can do that aswell. So if mkud wants it but can't be here on the 23rd he can pick it up from me whenever is easiest for him.

Stevebsy
08-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Well mkud28 has first dibs on both parts.

Dustin if you will let me stash the parts at your place in case he can't make it on the 23rd that would be very cool of you. Maybe you two can work something out for the trunklid...?

Well anyway I hope we can have a micro meet when we come up.

odepaj
08-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Well mkud28 has first dibs on both parts.

Dustin if you will let me stash the parts at your place in case he can't make it on the 23rd that would be very cool of you. Maybe you two can work something out for the trunklid...?

Well anyway I hope we can have a micro meet when we come up.

Oh, I read it as he would take it just to get it off your hands. But yeah, if he wants it, he's definitely got dibs.

I've got plenty of space in my storage to hold them if he needs me to. :)

I should have my '95 back on the road by then (fingers crossed). If not, I'd still like to finally get out and meet everybody!

mkud28
08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
odepaj.....Dustin right? Dude my trunklid is in good condition, I don't need that but would like to have the bumper. I have already set up to drive down the 23rd :) Trunklid is yours odepaj, I want you to keep your 3 SVS's on the road :D. BTW I would love to meet up with you guys. I know Calixto met up with yall once or twice. Maybe the locals can find us a good place to meet and eat. Unfortunate that I can't bring my car down there. Still would be good to know my SVX neighbors (I only know of 4 in the Dallas area and two are in not so good of condition right now.

sd2649
08-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm up for a micro meet. Depending on what time on the 23rd. My svx is one of those "not too good condition" ones cosmetically, but she'll enjoy company anyway!

mkud28
08-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Steven, I am hoping to get into SA before 5 oclock traffic, thats why I thought dinner might be an option. Hope to see ya there! Now we will actually have to plan something.

cozykat
08-19-2010, 10:19 AM
So the local Subaru Thursday meet TONIGHT is at:

Houlihan's - MENU (http://houlihans.com/menus/160/food.pdf) | MAP (http://www.mapquest.com/mq/5-TOQYzid0z8*I)
7:00PM - 10:00PM (Close)
938 N Loop 1604 W
San Antonio, TX 78232
(210) 494-3371

I'll be there around 6 for a table. So if you want to come out, feel free. I'll be in the 2007 UGM Forester.. trying to keep the SVX clean for the big subaru meet this Saturday in Houston.

mkud28
08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Is that meet every Thursday, say in 5 weeks or so? :)

cozykat
08-19-2010, 04:09 PM
yup, every thursday. :)

sd2649
08-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Eh, I will be at the majestic watching Brian Regan tonight. Maybe next Thursday :) so, where are we eating on the 23rd?

mkud28
08-20-2010, 12:49 AM
You guys can figure that out, I don't know anything in San Antonio. I will have my g/f and roommate with me as we are going to one of our friend's wedding in Victoria. Just let me know when and where and I will be there. Can't wait to get my bumper. I may use the old one for a project. I will let you guys know more if it seems viable. :)

sd2649
08-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Ok, so who all is coming and what places would you "locals" like to recommend as a good eating place? What part of town will the part swapping take place? That would be a good start :)

mkud28
08-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Eh, I will be at the majestic watching Brian Regan tonight. Maybe next Thursday :) so, where are we eating on the 23rd?

I just realized who Brian Regan is, that guy is hilarious! I don't know if maybe they wanted to go to the subaru meet on thursday either. I am up for whatever, I will just need to know ahead of time.

sd2649
08-20-2010, 08:24 PM
So, the 23rd in question is 3 days from now, right?

mkud28
08-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Lol no September 23rd, wow I really hope I read that right. I wont be down there until September. Still gonna be able to hang out? I guess I need to know what time Stevesby needs to get out of town, where he would like to meet, or he can get Dustin to hold the bumper if he needs to leave early. I am really excited to meet other SVX owners!

sd2649
08-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Ah, a Thursday... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! Lol

JLHTruck
08-21-2010, 09:00 PM
OK,been off the network for a while and just looked at this Sept23 thing! Anyone want to fill me in?? FYI, there are 6 SVXs in Palo Pinto county, west of Ft Worth! 4 are mine (3 run!), one belongs to an employee of mine and is parked on my property needing an engine, and one belongs to a friend at PK Lake! I also have 4 XTs (2 run!), and 1 XT6 (that runs!)

mkud28
08-22-2010, 12:15 AM
OK,been off the network for a while and just looked at this Sept23 thing! Anyone want to fill me in?? FYI, there are 6 SVXs in Palo Pinto county, west of Ft Worth! 4 are mine (3 run!), one belongs to an employee of mine and is parked on my property needing an engine, and one belongs to a friend at PK Lake! I also have 4 XTs (2 run!), and 1 XT6 (that runs!)

Not that you need more cars but there is an xt turbo on craigslist for $1800 in Euless. Sounds awesome though, I am going to have to travel that way and see your mass subaru collection! And the Sept 23rd thing is in SA, we just dont know where yet. It could very well be at the subaru meet that are held on Thursdays down there. That would be cool if you could make it also!

odepaj
08-26-2010, 11:37 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread to say that my '95 will be ready before the 23rd (it'll also be wearing the gold BBS' again :banana: )

mkud28
08-27-2010, 01:34 AM
I just wanted to bump this thread to say that my '95 will be ready before the 23rd (it'll also be wearing the gold BBS' again :banana: )

Glad to hear, are we going to meet at the subaru meet in SA actually?

sd2649
08-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Sighting!

I just passed a red svx on guilbeau. They turned off of tezel at about 12:05 today, heading towards bandera. Was it any of yall? It looked in good shape, had the windows down I believe.

odepaj
08-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Sighting!

I just passed a red svx on guilbeau. They turned off of tezel at about 12:05 today, heading towards bandera. Was it any of yall? It looked in good shape, had the windows down I believe.

Stock wheels or no?

I know of at least two red SVX's in that area.

odepaj
08-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear, are we going to meet at the subaru meet in SA actually?

I'm not to sure where we are all gonna be meeting?

I guess that all depends on what times you and Steve are gonna be in town.

I think Steve will be here all day/most of the day like he usually does when he comes to town and we're not to sure when you will be here and how much free time you guys will have.

I know the normal Subaru meets usually are later in the evening and that might work out better for us locals, but I figure that might not be great for you guys coming from out of town?

So I guess we need to figure out when everybody is gonna be here and free, and a general area that will be easy for everybody? Or if the normal local meet will be good for everybody.

mkud28
08-29-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm not to sure where we are all gonna be meeting?

I guess that all depends on what times you and Steve are gonna be in town.

I think Steve will be here all day/most of the day like he usually does when he comes to town and we're not to sure when you will be here and how much free time you guys will have.

I know the normal Subaru meets usually are later in the evening and that might work out better for us locals, but I figure that might not be great for you guys coming from out of town?

So I guess we need to figure out when everybody is gonna be here and free, and a general area that will be easy for everybody? Or if the normal local meet will be good for everybody.

Were staying at a friends and I want to meet up with you guys so it doesnt matter to me. Its only like a 5 hour drive so if we leave in the morning I hope we can get there before rush hour. I am getting my friends address so I know where in San Antonio I will be. For a free bumper I will meet steve at his hotel or whatever he needs me to do. Fix problem 1 of 2354435 problems with my car :). It's really not that bad, it just started smelling like burning oil really bad the other day and I need to do the valve cover gaskets and such. I dont really feel like having my car catch on fire while driving.

cozykat
08-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Sighting!

What did you pass in? I was around that area in my SVX so could have been me... (Wheels are not stock - 2008 sti wheels) No wait, I travel 1604 to Braun and then down Tezel.. Around 11am, I was going home after the www.coffeeandrides.com meet.. :)

I work until 5-6pm so meeting in the evening is my only option unless we are changing this up and doing it on a weekend. Also, I tend to head the Thursday Subaru meets at 7pm so if I don't hear concrete plans here before then, I'll just post up the subaru meet info.

mkud28
08-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Well that sounds good to me. I just didn't know how late Steve was in town. I can always meet up with him and then take the trunk lid for Dustin when we meet up later or something if he can't meet with us. I would love to go to the subaru meet. I want to see some more SVXs. I am excited!

sd2649
08-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I was in my 05 Saturn vue redline... completely unnoticeable :P after 5pm is best for me too.

mkud28
09-14-2010, 09:26 AM
It is getting close, anyone know where we are meeting up yet?

mkud28
09-19-2010, 08:29 PM
See you guys Thursday night? Let me know where anyone wants to meet up. Steve if you see this I am staying on the West side of SA. Let me know where you are staying so I can get that bumper from ya.

Stevebsy
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I think we are staying sort of on the south/southeast side.

We are going to an event so we won't be able to hang around too long if at all, but at least we can drop off the stuff either Thurs night or Fri. morning.

I'll PM details tomorrow.

mkud28
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Cool man, like I said I can come find you and pick up the bumper so you arent having to drive any farther than you need to. Just let me know.

cozykat
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Cool. I live on the West side (just north of Seaworld). I almost forgot - been busy.. finished up my deck, almost finished with the core of my engine, went camping.. my brain is scrambling to figure out what I'm suppose to be doing next.

The local subaru meet will happen at 7:30pm -10pm as usual.. probably at Willie's Icehouse off Military/1604. I'll talk to Kiff and see what's up. I'll dust off the SVX :) She's garage queen now. Forester is the work horse.

mkud28
09-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow I am staying right around there Marisa, name of the street is lionhunt or something. (I was told it was near seaworld.)

mkud28
09-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Do you have an address or is it on nasioc. Let me know for sure :) LOL nvm I am literally right around the corner, I will find it. It is so weird that my friend lives that close.

cozykat
09-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Actually, with the crowding that is expected at Willie's tonight, I moved the meet a little more in town. Plus, I thought it would help Steve out if he's staying on the East wide. :lol:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/cozykat/wetmoreBBQ.png

San Antonio Thursday Night Car Meet

Wetmore Smokehouse and Saloon
7:30PM - 10:00PM (when they close)
13525 Wetmore Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78247
http://www.wetmoresmokehouse.com/
PH 210-343-8100

cozykat
09-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow I am staying right around there Marisa, name of the street is lionhunt or something. (I was told it was near seaworld.)

I'll PM you my address, you can meet at my house and we can drive together. :) I live like 5 minutes north of where you are staying.

mkud28
09-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Had fun meeting both Steve and Marisa. Hopefully we can figure something out and I can drive the SVX down there next time. I especially enjoyed talking with you Marisa and good luck with your build.

Stevebsy
09-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry we couldn't come and hang out this time..
I think we were only in SA for 20 hours total...
The RUSH show was awesome for sure.

sd2649
10-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Sorry I didnt make it everyone, I had a good excuse though, we had our first little boy that week! Mathis Steven Donald, 6lbs 6ounces 21" long!

mkud28
10-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Well congrats to you! Sorry I couldn't meet ya. Looks like its time for my engine to come out and maybe a different one going in...it is smoking very badly on startup.

cozykat
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Sorry I didnt make it everyone, I had a good excuse though, we had our first little boy that week! Mathis Steven Donald, 6lbs 6ounces 21" long!
Congratulations!

Well congrats to you! Sorry I couldn't meet ya. Looks like its time for my engine to come out and maybe a different one going in...it is smoking very badly on startup.

Isn't that motor recently rebuilt? Like 3 years ago or so? I thought it was.. but maybe I'm mistaken.

mkud28
10-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Uhhh yeah like a year and a half ago. I am going to check into a couple of things members here have suggested.

sd2649
01-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Saw a nice looking svx this morning. Black with a hood scoop and some nice ground effects (not overdone). It was at the Walmart on Vince jackson road. As a matter of fact, it still is here at 8am on January 12th.

I took a pic:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30682042&l=0a4e4fa89e&id=100400988

Edit: found the guy, he actually works at the store, lol. I got to talk to him for a while and will probably be selling him a stock radio/cd player, lol!

odepaj
01-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Saw a nice looking svx this morning. Black with a hood scoop and some nice ground effects (not overdone). It was at the Walmart on Vince jackson road. As a matter of fact, it still is here at 8am on January 12th.

I took a pic:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30682042&l=0a4e4fa89e&id=100400988

Edit: found the guy, he actually works at the store, lol. I got to talk to him for a while and will probably be selling him a stock radio/cd player, lol!

So many numbers in my phone, is that Patrick or Nathan?

I'm finally back in the '95 so we need to get another local meet setup.

mkud28
01-16-2011, 08:43 PM
I wont be at the meet whenever it is. My car has gotten worse and I have no ideas. I have it for sale on craigslist, but not even so much as a nibble. Where is the AACV located? I really need a picture, but I am doubting that is the problem. Nate1986 told me it sounded like a botch rebuild on the engine. I really can't lose 2k on the car meaning I need to get like $2500 out of it at least.

mkud28
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
oh you said local meeting, I am an idiot.

odepaj
01-29-2011, 10:35 AM
oh you said local meeting, I am an idiot.

Well anybody is invited to the local meets, so it's all good!

Sorry to hear about your car, Calixto was having a lot of problems after the first motor ended itself in that car also. :(

On another note, sd2649 was just spotted by my parents :lol: they had to call me and tell me about it.

mkud28
02-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Well I am gonna figure it out I think, unless I get $2500 for it in its current condition. I know that is probably not possible. If we get it running good, I have a buddy that would love to meet up too.

Stevebsy
02-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Re: Texas!
Well I am gonna figure it out I think, unless I get $2500 for it in its current condition. I know that is probably not possible. If we get it running good, I have a buddy that would love to meet up too.

I just saw this in the classified, a guy with a complete good engine for $600, in Houston

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56506

odepaj
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I just saw this in the classified, a guy with a complete good engine for $600, in Houston

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56506

He even price dropped it to $400!

mkud28
02-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Well I have been searching for answers and there are definitely a couple of things that I would like to try before buying another engine. But I have some time off this week to try and figure out if this engine can be salvaged.

cozykat
02-17-2011, 02:36 PM

local sa subaru weekly meet is still going strong. *hint* :)

mkud28
02-21-2011, 08:35 PM

I was in san antonio yesterday and only yesterday. Good news though, the SVX is working better. Went driving it today and remembered how much fun it is! I dont see signs of smoke, but its dark out so its kinda hard to.

sd2649
03-05-2011, 09:16 PM

it was nathan.

sd2649
03-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Well anybody is invited to the local meets, so it's all good!

Sorry to hear about your car, Calixto was having a lot of problems after the first motor ended itself in that car also. :(

On another note, sd2649 was just spotted by my parents :lol: they had to call me and tell me about it.

lol, where did they see me?

but seriously, we need to have a mini meet sometime :)

Stevebsy
05-07-2011, 10:33 PM
We had a bit of an unscheduled mini-meet today in San Antonio at Marisa's house.

I left Northern Texas Friday afternoon heading back to Brownsville for the weekend. Around Austin, I got the dreaded 'Christmas tree' light show going on my dash with the headlights fading in and out...dead/dying Alternator :eek:

Not daring to go any further in the dark, I stopped in Austin and stayed the night, scouring the web for any local place that might have an alternator (yeah..right) Well I did find one listed on car-part.com so I had a ray of hope.

I send a couple of messages to the only person who could have helped me...Marisa! A couple of quick messages to see if she had an extra alternator found out that yes, she did have one in her garage. However I wasn't even sure if I'd make it that far..

In the morning I went to the parts yard...'Nope sorry the SVX was crushed long ago..no parts'

So..I hooked up the voltmeter and found I had just enough voltage with everything turned off to keep moving. Occasionally the xmas tree returned on and off with some wild voltage fluctuation, but it looked like I'd make it to San Antonio.

Got to her house, swapped in the new alternator (thanks for the help!) and after chatting for awhile, was on my way again.

Don't know what I would have done without your help..probably would have been stuck for a day or two until I could fedex one in.

So again..thanks Marisa! You helped me out of quite a jam there!

Oh..and your new engine looks very nice too.

showoval
09-16-2011, 07:16 PM
4. Skip (dengue) - 94 laguna blue,
5. Scott (SA SVX) - 95 laguna blue
7. Don - 94 fwd ebony
8. Jose - 92 ebony
9. Danny - 92 ebony

Hello all, didn't really search this site for a Texas area, what do you know we have one. Add me to the list: 92LSL Liquid silver.

mkud28
09-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey showoval, another SVX no where close to me lol.

Hallabalogee
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
I am in Austin, anyone near me?

svxfiles
09-27-2011, 12:48 PM
My son Nick is in Abaline at the AF base.

mkud28
09-30-2011, 01:17 AM
I will be in Austin this weekend for the Incubus concert. Unfortunately after my recent ticket, the SVX will not be joining me. We should still try to get a Texas meet together. I need to get my car inspected before I could go anywhere though.

odepaj
06-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Bumping this thread just for the hell of it.

We're gonna have to figure out where everybody is and update the numbers for local owners.

I know quite a few people have sold their SVXs and at least one of them made it's way to the junkyard :(

:o I'll make it out to a meet sometime, I swear

NYMike
09-20-2012, 10:01 PM
lets get a texas meet going, finally got my svx, lets do this? haha :ninja:

showoval
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
lets get a texas meet going, finally got my svx, lets do this? haha :ninja:

You should've gone to the "Big Event" in Houston this past weekend, there was a nice 94 pearly there.

mkud28
10-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Well I still have my SVX. Just wish I had more money to spend on it.

showoval
10-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Well I still have my SVX. Just wish I had more money to spend on it.

I feel your pain, trying to save up so I can have matching paint. :(

mkud28
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Did you get the one that Geoff was selling? Am I right about that. That one was very tempting for me.

showoval
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Did you get the one that Geoff was selling? Am I right about that. That one was very tempting for me.

Yep, that's the one. The car has been pretty good other than few hiccups here and there. Was under the car a few days ago trying to find the source of a rotational noise when I noticed the my LF outter CV boot is half gone. Need to get it repaired before the rains start :(