PDA

View Full Version : % Speed Stall Again.

Dessertrunner
10-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Tom Wrote

braking involves 2 things and could be of either.

Using the brake pedal to slow down

Using the engine to slow down.

The auto uses the engine to slow down. When you are slowing down with either the clutch depressed or the trans in neutral the engine is not braking as the ECU is expecting. It still cuts timing and it still cuts fuel like it would if there was still a connection to the driveline. SO, until we can change the maps to adjust to this difference, it will stall[/I]
Tom I agree with what you have said 100%. What I am suggesting is if we find the input that causes the action then we disconnect it the problem will be fixed. In other words remove the brake signal to the ECU and you might fix the problem.

Could you discribe when your problem happens, my problem is a bit randon as the engine is getting old.

TomsSVX
10-17-2007, 06:32 AM
not that simple. When the engine reads a negative load(engine braking) it cuts fuel and (I think) timing. The only way to stop this is to disconnect the speed sensor but this still might not even work and you would be throwing a CEL. Once I can get the SSM interface up and running, I will take a look at what happens during this time with the fuel and timing or any timing or fuel corrections. If they change, then we need to adjust the maps so they no longer do this. Might be as simple as just changing a value and it might be fixed... who knows, I should have my SSM adaptor today so myabe I can tell you something tonight

Tom

Dessertrunner
10-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks Tom I think we are going to get some were, we have to give this a big focus.