PDA

View Full Version : Another "firm" member

Tim
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
After much anticipation, the Koni/GC coilovers are officially in my car. Set up with a 430lb/in front and 350lb/in rear spring rate, these bad boys are ready to deliver a firm ride.

The results? The ride itself is not harsh when taking bumps like most perceive. The only thing I notice is that when you hit a bump, the rebound is very quick in the sense that it will snap back to the position where it should be in a swift manner. This is the part that takes geting used to, so I still have to work on the firmness settings to see what suits my tastes. I feel way more connected to the road but I seem to also feel more imperfections in the road as well. I would definitely recommend the spring rates be toned down for a daily driver, but this car is now a weekend warrior so it's not bad.

As far as performance goes, I really cant help but smile. There is ZERO acceleration squat and brake dive. Coupled with the 18's the car rides very stable and predictably. It does not seem to handle and lean like a heavy pig. Body roll has significantly lowered.

Big thanks to Mychailo for providing the parts and Tom for building it and installing them at midnight last night :eek:. It was a painless process once again.

I think I got a little motion sickness today from driving the hell out of the car. I'm going to go lie down now.

SVXRide
10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Nice! So, what did you set the Konis at?
-Bill

Tim
10-14-2007, 06:36 PM
The rears are set at full firm, and the fronts should be at 2 turns past full

TomsSVX
10-14-2007, 07:08 PM
The rears are set at full firm, and the fronts should be at 2 turns past full

DAMN!!! I wish i could get mine to go past full firm:lol::lol::lol: I kid I kid

HEY!!! get back to studying!

Tom

mbtoloczko
10-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Glad you're happy with the setup. BTW, I believe I set you up with 450f/350r. :-)

Tim
10-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Glad you're happy with the setup. BTW, I believe I set you up with 450f/350r. :-)

Honestly this setup is still streetable. At first the rebound was so fast I started feeling sick and my head felt like a bobblehead doll. Once the struts settled its much better. I feel more in the road due to the suspension and the 18s but the handling is so quick and tight feeling I can't believe Im still in an svx.

Noir
10-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Honestly this setup is still streetable. At first the rebound was so fast I started feeling sick and my head felt like a bobblehead doll. Once the struts settled its much better. I feel more in the road due to the suspension and the 18s but the handling is so quick and tight feeling I can't believe Im still in an svx.

welcome to the club homeslice. :)

Crazy_pilot
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I want some.:D Counting the pennies....