PDA

View Full Version : A REAL speech from a true patriot.

NikFu S.
10-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Watch and listen without bias, and be free from the grip of oppression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxmPjB0WSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdD6op0l2jk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEEjX6j_f4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyv9JQ4Or_U&mode=related&search=

--
Ron Paul for President.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjM1ZzZSE8

mohrds
10-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Watch and listen without bias, and be free from the grip of oppression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxmPjB0WSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdD6op0l2jk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEEjX6j_f4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyv9JQ4Or_U&mode=related&search=

--
Ron Paul for President.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjM1ZzZSE8

The scariest thing is that some people actually think Olbermann is telling the truth as opposed to what he is really doing which is inventing his own truth and spewing it to ears that are searching for a scapegoat for all things wrong with the world.

Doug

NikFu S.
10-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Post some sources on where he is incorrect, and we can look over them. Otherwise, there is no reason to believe he is not right because he is saying what I and many other people have been thinking for a very long time.
--

Oh, and despite what Olbermann says, there is no reason to forget that our President is a criminal and everything to have come from this administration is wrong, bad, and not in the interest of the majority of Americans, or for that matter, the world.

porschekiller
10-12-2007, 08:36 PM
does a true patriot drive japanese?:lol:

NikFu S.
10-12-2007, 08:47 PM
does a true patriot drive japanese?:lol:

A true patriot is the embodiment of the American spirit, that which the nation was built, not that which builds other nations..

Manarius
10-12-2007, 09:01 PM
The scariest thing is that some people actually think Olbermann is telling the truth as opposed to what he is really doing which is inventing his own truth and spewing it to ears that are searching for a scapegoat for all things wrong with the world.

DougWait? What? Olbermann wrong? Are you one of those who believes in Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann Coulter?

I have watched many of Olbermann's shows, comments, etc. He doesn't make stuff up and he's not rude to people he has on his show. I don't know where you're coming from on this. It's sad that he's so right on what he talks about.

Olbermann isn't representative of a party - he's representative of the average American.

Landshark
10-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Olbermann is a failed ESPN sportcaster - he's not representative of the average American. his use of the nazi salute to poke fun at rival Bill O'Reilly only serves to trivialize the Holocaust, its victims, and survivors in his lame attempt at the funnAy.

fixed your post.

Manarius
10-12-2007, 09:52 PM
fixed your post.So, Bill O'Reilly taking a big dump on the Malmedy Massacre is nullified by this?

It seems to me that the only person who is butchering history around here is Bill O'Reilly. Olbermann just picks up on these atrocities and brings them to light.

Landshark
10-12-2007, 10:31 PM
So, Bill O'Reilly taking a big dump on the Malmedy Massacre is nullified by this?

It seems to me that the only person who is butchering history around here is Bill O'Reilly. Olbermann just picks up on these atrocities and brings them to light.

not only do i not listen to an ex-sportscaster, i don't listen to Bill O'Reilly, either.

so you think its cool and funny to throw around nazi salutes in the media?

NikFu S.
10-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Since his name came up, Bill Oreilly:

Bill vs Colbert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwLqqEzT6rg

Olbermann on Bill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KU02lsfH8

Bill vs Geraldo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPuGuaZTx8&mode=related&search=

And my favorite, Bill vs Donahue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctlmholr45c&mode=related&search=

--
Back to Olbermann, his previous job is not a concern of mine. I didn't even know who he was until I saw these youtube clips a couple weeks ago.
What matters to me, is the things he is saying (regardless of who may be writing it) mirror what I and a lot of people are feeling and I feel he is taking a huge risk in being so vocal on these issues.

Landshark
10-13-2007, 01:04 AM
What matters to me, is the things he is saying (regardless of who may be writing it) mirror what I and a lot of people are feeling and I feel he is taking a huge risk in being so vocal on these issues.

well, morons tend to think alike. :lol:

NikFu S.
10-13-2007, 04:07 AM
And jerkoffs are just as vocal. :rolleyes:

For god's sake will you give the ass hattery a rest? I'm not a moron for wanting to defend the people from the loss of their liberty and privacy.

You on the other hand seem to just be in denial about the impending events that may lead to the downfall of democracy.

But, oh, right, you don't care about democracy. Just a stale running gag of tin foil hats and pretending people are less intelligent than you.

Manarius
10-13-2007, 06:52 AM
not only do i not listen to an ex-sportscaster, i don't listen to Bill O'Reilly, either.

so you think its cool and funny to throw around nazi salutes in the media?I think that if Ann Coulter can get away with some of the absolutely TERRIBLE stuff she says, why when one guy does the "nazi salute" does everybody get all pissed about it? Seriously here, Rush and Ann say some of the most HORRIBLE things I have ever heard, yet it sells and people listen!

Ann Coulter is an Anti-Semite, Rush Limbaugh snorts oxycotin, Bill O'Reilly makes up his own history and then says that people like William Clarke are wrong for correcting him! Give me a break here!

Liberal soccer moms are precisely as likely to receive anthrax in the mail as to develop a capacity for linear thinking.

My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant.

That's just some of the horrible stuff she has said in the past. And you're making a big deal about a Nazi salute? Are you kidding me!?

Landshark
10-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Ann Coulter is an Anti-Semite, Rush Limbaugh snorts oxycotin, Bill O'Reilly makes up his own history and then says that people like William Clarke are wrong for correcting him! Give me a break here!

i agree. all of them, idiots.

so your assumptions are, that since i don't like Keith Olbermann, i therefore am a fan of Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Coulter.

would you also like to assume i'm a bible-thumper and against abortion? get over yourself.

sicksubie
10-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Back to Olbermann, his previous job is not a concern of mine. I didn't even know who he was until I saw these youtube clips a couple weeks ago.

Honestly, stay away from supporting Olbermann. He is a proven bufoon who is looked upon with distaste from intelligent people from both sides. I aknowledge our differences of opinion and the fact that we can talk about them is just one of the things that make this country great, but agree with more credible people than Olbermann.

sicksubie
10-13-2007, 09:40 AM
A true patriot is the embodiment of the American spirit, that which the nation was built, not that which builds other nations..

I agree 100%. We should not be in the business of nation building (Iraq).

Manarius
10-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Honestly, stay away from supporting Olbermann. He is a proven bufoon who is looked upon with distaste from intelligent people from both sides. I aknowledge our differences of opinion and the fact that we can talk about them is just one of the things that make this country great, but agree with more credible people than Olbermann.Olbermann's far more credible than any of the far off in Right field media people. I'll support Olbermann only as far as I can trust what he says - and as it seems right now, I can trust what he says because he's pretty much always right.

mohrds
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Post some sources on where he is incorrect, and we can look over them.

I have a better idea, instead of wasting my time, why don't you look up his sources of "Facts" that he spews. I hear a "According to..." and "Which has already been established..." and "Everyone knows..." many times each minute with no information on his sources. Hard to research out what everyone already knows...

All these wackos (and I include O'Reily, Limbaugh, and others in this, this isn't just a liberal thing) should be required to provide a bibliography of each speech they make. I call them speeches because that's what they are. They are not editorials and especially not news...

Doug

Landshark
10-13-2007, 02:52 PM
All these wackos (and I include O'Reily, Limbaugh, and others in this, this isn't just a liberal thing) should be required to provide a bibliography of each speech they make. I call them speeches because that's what they are. They are not editorials and especially not news...

Doug

no wai! if you don't like Olbermann, you MUST be one of the sheep that follow Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Coulter. :lol:

mohrds
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
no wai! if you don't like Olbermann, you MUST be one of the sheep that follow Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Coulter. :lol:

I don't even know who Coulter is...

I guess I'm not much of a sheep...

sicksubie
10-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Ann Coulter... The woman who thinks jews should be "perfected" and become Christians.:rolleyes: Say that on public TV and you are sure to win a lot of fans. Not to mention the Jewish talk show host who invited you on his show. Not cool

NikFu S.
10-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I have a better idea, instead of wasting my time, why don't you look up his sources of "Facts" that he spews. I hear a "According to..." and "Which has already been established..." and "Everyone knows..." many times each minute with no information on his sources. Hard to research out what everyone already knows...

I spent about an hour and a half doing this and made a huge post but had so many windows open accidentally hit the back button and lost it all.

His facts check out.

Here is a transcript of that first video:
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1019-24.htm

I challenge anyone here to pick out any one verse and I will back it up. If you can't do it, take a seat.

mohrds
10-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I spent about an hour and a half doing this and made a huge post but had so many windows open accidentally hit the back button and lost it all.

His facts check out.

Here is a transcript of that first video:
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1019-24.htm

I challenge anyone here to pick out any one verse and I will back it up. If you can't do it, take a seat.

Easy:

We have a long and painful history of ignoring the prophecy attributed to Benjamin Franklin that “those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Historical examples, please that meet the definition of Liberty from that period. Here is how Liberty is defined by Thomas Jefferson:
Thomas Jefferson Defined it in the "Declaration of The Rights of Man and The Citizen" as: "Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of each man has no limits except those which assure to the other members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights. These limits can only be determined by law."

Happy searching :)

NikFu S.
10-14-2007, 03:18 AM
What exactly do you want an example of? People ignoring Benjamin Franklin? People who deserve neither liberty nor safety? :confused:

Obviously people do not care about his "prophecy", otherwise we wouldn't be increasing the power of government to do whatever it wants.

I dunno, but that seems like one of the more irrelevant verses in that whole speech. It's not in a context that would demand a fact check.

"Long and painful history" is vague and interpretable. The majority of events I could use have happened in the last 6 years. Whether they apply to everyone all the time or a small group of people is irrelevant. Keith didn't specify.

The definition of liberty from any time period other than right now is also pretty irrelevant. I think you ask too much for the sake of being difficult and I think you couldn't have chosen a more meaningless sentence. The current definitions of liberty make this much easier for me and I think you realize that.

The Patriot Act, the Military Commisions Act, various other executive orders, some approved by the people to help "defend" them from "terrorists". Not only do they not truly guarantee any kind of safety, AT ALL, they wittle away rights and liberties of everyone, even though you might not be affected right away, or directly. Even now after all that has happened you and many others defy Ben F, prolonging conflict because you are afraid of something that doesn't exist. If the conflict cannot be resolved through attacking it's suspected source, which it can't, it will only get worse and thus begins the downward spiral of you giving the gov more power to quell your fears. First you allow your neighbors to be violently searched because you just went them to be safe, next you allow your children to be tracked by radio via a chip in their arm.

Here is a just a few liberties that have been compromised:
The right of privacy
The right to Free and unfettered access
The right to know the details of what our government is actually doing (loss of the freedom of information act)
The right to due process
The right to be free of unjustified search and seizure
The right to be free of investigations that have no court orders or warrants attached
The right to be safe from wars declared without consent of Congress

You may be patting yourself on the back for choosing such a vague and meaningless quote but I think you need to get serious. Maybe try finding something with a verifiable source, instead of thinking you can't get me to back up someone's opinion, because these last 7 years have seemed long and painful for a lot of people.

I don't expect you to agree with this. You are being quite difficult after all. It's strange, too, after fussing over eminent domain not too long ago. If essential liberties were not at risk here, I do not believe you would be wearing that avatar.

porschekiller
10-14-2007, 11:08 AM
:angst:IF ANY OF US WERE TRUE PATRIOTS, WE'DE ALL BE IN OUR COUNTRY OF ORIGINS OR AT LEAST CONTINENT OF ORIGIN. AMBITIOUS DESERTERS HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

NikFu S.
10-14-2007, 03:29 PM
We'd all be in Africa near the mediterranean? :confused:

porschekiller
10-14-2007, 05:50 PM
do you really believe that propaganda? lets stick to cultural origins.We'd all be in Africa near the mediterranean? :confused:

sicksubie
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
So my family goes back to scandinavia and we all part ways and the Indians get N America back???? Your statement doesn't make much sense. Feel free to expand so maybe I will see what you are trying to say.

porschekiller
10-15-2007, 04:30 AM
i'm not suggesting any kind of exodus legislation. i'm just saying we've got nothing to complain about when we're not where we belong to begin with. ask yourself what the character of america is? we're not a country, we're a market. scandavia will always be associated with peace prizes and health. sweden has taken more iraqi refugees than any other country. america will always be associated with testing nuclear devices on women and children in our subaru's homeland. talk about global terrorism.So my family goes back to scandinavia and we all part ways and the Indians get N America back???? Your statement doesn't make much sense. Feel free to expand so maybe I will see what you are trying to say.

Manarius
10-15-2007, 06:30 AM
i'm not suggesting any kind of exodus legislation. i'm just saying we've got nothing to complain about when we're not where we belong to begin with. ask yourself what the character of america is? we're not a country, we're a market. scandavia will always be associated with peace prizes and health. sweden has taken more iraqi refugees than any other country. america will always be associated with testing nuclear devices on women and children in our subaru's homeland. talk about global terrorism.Whaaaaaa!? America associated with dropping "the bomb" more than 60 years ago? That's like saying Russia is still associated with Stalin and Lenin which just isn't the case.

The bomb was not a test, it was a way to keep America from having to invade Japan (an axis power at the time), and kill far more people than required. The Japanese would have fought to the bitter end. We could have invaded, but far more lives would have been lost on both sides.

lhopp77
10-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Getting another beer and a bag of popcorn. This might be interesting. :)

Lee

sicksubie
10-15-2007, 09:09 AM
i'm not suggesting any kind of exodus legislation. i'm just saying we've got nothing to complain about when we're not where we belong to begin with. ask yourself what the character of america is? we're not a country, we're a market. scandavia will always be associated with peace prizes and health. sweden has taken more iraqi refugees than any other country. america will always be associated with testing nuclear devices on women and children in our subaru's homeland. talk about global terrorism.

Intelligence level confirmed.....:rolleyes:;) JK You cannot believe that we tested a nuke on the Japanese. As Manarius said before me that was done to save lives on both sides. The Japanese culture does not believe in surrendering. Death or victory are the only 2 options. There was an estimate done (how they calculated I have no idea) as to how many marines it would have taken (i.e. casualties ) to conquer Japan if we had landed and invaded. The estimate was well over 1 million. Also every Japanese soldier and a great many more civillians would have died than were killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

You also forgot that Sweden is associated with some of the highest taxes in the world, an incompetent military, and insane guys who enter the MetRX strongest man competition:lol::lol::lol:

sicksubie
10-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Getting another beer and a bag of popcorn. This might be interesting. :)

Lee

LOL.... Enjoy the show. Some on here definitely deserve an oscar for acting and making stuff up... Disclaimer: This is meant as a light hearted joke and not to be taken seriously.

Landshark
10-15-2007, 10:12 AM
i'm not suggesting any kind of exodus legislation. i'm just saying we've got nothing to complain about when we're not where we belong to begin with. ask yourself what the character of america is? we're not a country, we're a market. scandavia will always be associated with peace prizes and health. sweden has taken more iraqi refugees than any other country. america will always be associated with testing nuclear devices on women and children in our subaru's homeland. talk about global terrorism.

WTF are you huffing? :lol:

i was born in the U.S., so it is my country of origin. if you want to trace back to a swamp that your amphibious ancestor crawled out of and be a patriot to that land, go for it.

porschekiller
10-15-2007, 02:16 PM
the swamps in the black forest of germany, where there is no speed limit and pitchers of beer for mugs. talk about a free country. But that's just one grandparent. i guess i'm a born again babylonian.:stupid:WTF are you huffing? :lol:

i was born in the U.S., so it is my country of origin. if you want to trace back to a swamp that your amphibious ancestor crawled out of and be a patriot to that land, go for it.

louis
10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
The only true patriot to surface in this election cycle is Barack Obama. He's going to beat Hillary (it'll be hard, but he's the man) and inevitably Rudy McRomneyson

porschekiller
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
the nuke was dropped by an episcoplian, the same as the bush family. for a congress that has by far more catholics than any other denomination, it's interesting to note that the only catholic president was assassinated and the majoity of presidents and s ct justices have been episcoplian or bought by them. :barf:Whaaaaaa!? America associated with dropping "the bomb" more than 60 years ago? That's like saying Russia is still associated with Stalin and Lenin which just isn't the case.

The bomb was not a test, it was a way to keep America from having to invade Japan (an axis power at the time), and kill far more people than required. The Japanese would have fought to the bitter end. We could have invaded, but far more lives would have been lost on both sides.

porschekiller
10-15-2007, 02:38 PM
the japenese have conquered the russians, chinese, and arent allowed to get into the ufc because they humiliated the U.S. when they went to Japan years ago. they are superior soldiers because of their zen buddhism. again, embargos would've coerced them into becoming a state of the union rather than a competitor. The swedes and scandavians alike are weakened by their separtism. an english speaking united states of scandanavia could've easily made the world a better place. blondes only play stupid so they're not the bad guy when they outsmart you. i think it's pretty clever how they've kept russia at bay. if death or victory were the only 2 options for the japense then why didnt they all commit suicide? stop being brainwashed. without the nukes americans would've never conquered the japanese. they already had macarthur beat back. the swedes can be trusted with taxes and why is everyone who is exceptional insane? america is comparable to combining ireland and israel into one state. hostile complainers who cant run a navy.Intelligence level confirmed.....:rolleyes:;) JK You cannot believe that we tested a nuke on the Japanese. As Manarius said before me that was done to save lives on both sides. The Japanese culture does not believe in surrendering. Death or victory are the only 2 options. There was an estimate done (how they calculated I have no idea) as to how many marines it would have taken (i.e. casualties ) to conquer Japan if we had landed and invaded. The estimate was well over 1 million. Also every Japanese soldier and a great many more civillians would have died than were killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

You also forgot that Sweden is associated with some of the highest taxes in the world, an incompetent military, and insane guys who enter the MetRX strongest man competition:lol::lol::lol:

porschekiller
10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
tom vilsack, the king maker, of Iowa-the best state in the union, was the best candidate. the rest of them are just prostitutes.:pThe only true patriot to surface in this election cycle is Barack Obama. He's going to beat Hillary (it'll be hard, but he's the man) and inevitably Rudy McRomneyson

sicksubie
10-15-2007, 05:43 PM
The only true patriot to surface in this election cycle is Barack Obama. He's going to beat Hillary (it'll be hard, but he's the man) and inevitably Rudy McRomneyson

He is going to be taken to the cleaners by Hillary

NikFu S.
10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Looks intersting whatever is going on here but the chemicals in our water and milk have destroyed my attention span. :rolleyes:

Bowing out/conceding any future arguments here.

Hillary doesn't have a chance in hell I think, Barack is popular with the anti-Ron Paul crowds. If I had to choose a Dem though, it would be Gravel, but I know he is not popular enough to win.

Ron Paul is the best candidate for me and 70% of the internet argees with me, according to the polls.

I'll leave you with an interview of Aaron Russo I came across yesterday. It's interesting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3218585954111617501&q=Aaron+Russo%3A+The+Architecture+of+the+Prison+Pl anet&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

L8or.

sicksubie
10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Are you retarded?????
1. First of all Japanese are not Zhen Buddhists the majority follow Shinto.
2. "Swedes and Scandinavians alike....." Swedes ARE Scandinavian
3. SPELL CHECK WORKS WONDERS... It is "Episcopalian" and "separatism"
4. The Japanese DEFEATED the Russians in the Russo-Japanese war in 1905 but they did not CONQUER them
5. What on Earth is "UFC" besides another typo
6. Using embargoes to "coerce" Japan into becoming a "state of the union" is a breathtakingly ignorant statement.
7. We could have continued to carpet bomb their cities instead of the nukes, however we killed more people in a single night in Tokyo with conventional bombs than in either Nagasaki or Hiroshima.
8. Macarthur was not beaten back he was ordered to leave Corregidor in the Phillipines if that was what you were referring to. His second in command Johnathan Wainwright held Corregidor and Manilla Bay bravely, but was ultimately captured. HOWEVER, MacArthur RETURNED ("I SHALL RETURN) and wiped the Japanese out of the Phillipines. There are set backs in every war, there were a few times that Macarthur had to pull back or pull out, but the Japanese were overall being driven back fast and fierce by the Marines.

If you have any more delightfully delusional false information that you would like me to discredit feel free. Also, just so you know my 14 year old blonde brother who is Swedish AND (shocker, I know) Scandinavian laughed when he read your post and was the one who convinced me to respond.

sicksubie
10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Looks intersting whatever is going on here but the chemicals in our water and milk have destroyed my attention span. :rolleyes:

Bowing out/conceding any future arguments here.

Hillary doesn't have a chance in hell I think, Barack is popular with the anti-Ron Paul crowds. If I had to choose a Dem though, it would be Gravel, but I know he is not popular enough to win.

Ron Paul is the best candidate for me and 70% of the internet argees with me, according to the polls.

I'll leave you with an interview of Aaron Russo I came across yesterday. It's interesting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3218585954111617501&q=Aaron+Russo%3A+The+Architecture+of+the+Prison+Pl anet&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

L8or.

Hey, good debate, NikFu. S. It was fun. Seriously. I decided to never come in here again because I got frustrated with some peoples stupidity, but you were a good person to get into it with:) I dunno if you are right though about Hillary. All the polls I have seen have shown her in the lead by a lot. I hope she crashes and burns. We will see....

NikFu S.
10-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I actually have not paid much attention to the Democrat polls, but it seems Obama is just more popular and I see a lot of people seem to think Clinton is two-faced.

I do give everyone a fair chance, even the ones I don't like, like Guliani. He seems like a nice guy on the outside.
There was a neat candidate matrix on MSNBC that you could dink around with.
Here's the overall impression I got from the candidates.

Red disagree, green agree, black inbetween.

sicksubie
10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
I actually have not paid much attention to the Democrat polls, but it seems Obama is just more popular and I see a lot of people seem to think Clinton is two-faced.

I do give everyone a fair chance, even the ones I don't like, like Guliani. He seems like a nice guy on the outside.
There was a neat candidate matrix on MSNBC that you could dink around with.
Here's the overall impression I got from the candidates.

Red disagree, green agree, black inbetween.

When the Republican primaries roll around remember this: Of the big 3 Romney, Guliani, and McCain, the only one that has had 1 wife is the mormon....:WTF::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 12:51 AM
WTF? With the destruction of the nuclear family I can't say I'm surprised.

--
If anyone has 3 1/2 hours to dedicate to some history here is another video I recommend, a documentary.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936&q=Money+Masters&total=1616&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

It's the red pill.

lhopp77
10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
This would be a good place to post these thoughts even though somewhat long. We definitely know who the Sheep are on here. :)

Subject: Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs

This letter was written by Charles Grennel and his comrades who are veterans of the Global War on Terror. Grennel is an Army Reservist who spent two years in Iraq and was a principal in putting together the first Iraq elections, January of 2005. It was written to Jill Edwards, a student at the University of Washington who did not want to honor Medal of Honor winner USMC Colonel Greg Boyington. Ms. Edwards and other students (and faculty) do not think those who serve in the U.S. armed services are good role models.

To: Edwards, Jill (student, UW)

Miss Edwards, I read of your student activity regarding the proposed memorial to Col. Greg Boyington, USMC and a Medal of Honor winner. I suspect you will receive a bellyful of angry e-mails from conservative folks like me.

You may be too young to appreciate fully the sacrifices of generations of servicemen and servicewomen on whose shoulders you and your fellow students stand. I forgive you for the untutored ways of youth and your naivete. It may be that you are, simply, a sheep. There's no dishonor in being a sheep as long as you know and accept what you are.

William J. Bennett, in a lecture to the United States Naval Academy November 24, 1997 said: Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident. We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

Then there are the wolves and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy. Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

Then there are sheepdogs and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf. If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the unchartered path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed.

We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world. They can accept the fact that fires can happen, which is why they want fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire alarms and fire exits throughout their kids schools. But many of them are outraged at the idea of putting an armed police officer in their kid's school. Our children are thousands of times more likely to be killed or seriously injured by school violence than fire, but the sheep's only response to the possibility of violence is denial. The idea of someone coming to kill or harm their child is just too hard, and so they chose the path of denial.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours. Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports, in camouflage fatigues, holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, Baa. Until the wolf shows up; then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

The students, the victims, at Columbine High School were big, tough high school students, and under ordinary circumstances they would not have had the time of day for a police officer. They were not bad kids; they just had nothing to say to a cop. When the scheol was under attack, however, and SWAT teams were clearing the rooms and hallways, the officers had to physically peel those Clinging, sobbing kids off of them.

This is how the little lambs feel about their sheepdog when the wolf is at the door. Look at what happened after September 11, 2001 when the wolf pounded hard on the door. Remember how America, more than ever before, felt differently about their law enforcement officers and military personnel? Understand that there is nothing morally superior about being a sheepdog; it is just what you choose to be. Also understand that a sheepdog is a funny critter: He is always sniffing around out on the perimeter, checking the breeze, barking at things that go bump in the night, and yearning for a righteous battle. That is, the young sheepdogs yearn for a righteous battle. The old sheepdogs are a little older and wiser, but they move to the sound of the guns when needed, right along with the young ones.

Here is how the sheep and the sheepdog think differently. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. After the attacks on September 11, 2001, most of the sheep, that is, most citizens in America said, Thank God I wasn't on one of those planes. The sheepdogs, the warriors, said, Dear God, I wish I could have been on one of those planes. Maybe I could have made a difference. You want to be able to make a difference. There is nothing morally superior about the sheepdog, the warrior, but he does have one real advantage. Only one. And that is that he is able to survive and thrive in an environment that destroys 98 percent of the population.

There was research conducted a few years ago with individuals convicted of violent crimes. These cons were in prison for serious, predatory crimes of violence: assaults, murders and killing law enforcement officers. The vast majority said that they specifically targeted victims by body language: slumped walk, passive behavior and lack of awareness. They chose their victims like big cats do in Africa, when they select one out of the herd that is least able to protect itself. Some people may be destined to be sheep and others might be genetically primed to be wolves or sheepdogs. But I believe that most people can choose which one they want to be, and I'm proud to say that more and more Americans are choosing to become sheepdogs.

Seven months after the attack on September 11, 2001, Todd Beamer was honored in his hometown of Cranbury, New Jersey . Todd, as you recall, was the man on Flight 93 over Pennsylvania who called on his cell phone to alert an operator from United Airlines about the hijacking. When they learned of the other three passenger planes that had been used as weapons, Todd and the other passengers confronted the terrorist hijackers. In one hour, a transformation occurred among the passengers, athletes, business people and parents from sheep to sheepdogs and together they fought the wolves, ultimately saving an unknown number of lives on the ground.

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men." Edmund Burke.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." Plato

Here is the point I like to emphasize, especially to the thousands of police officers and soldiers I speak to each year. In nature the sheep, real sheep, are born as sheep. Sheepdogs are born that way, and so are wolves. They didn't have a choice.

But you are not a critter. As a human being, you can be whatever you want to be. It is a conscious, moral decision. If you want to be a sheep, then you can be a sheep and that is okay, but you must understand the price you pay. When the wolf comes, you and your loved ones are going to die if there is not a sheepdog there to protect you. If you want to be a wolf, you can be one, but the sheepdogs are going to hunt you down and you will never have rest, safety, trust or love. But if you want to be a sheepdog and walk the warrior's path, then you must make a conscious and moral decision every day to dedicate, equip and prepare yourself to thrive in that toxic, corrosive moment when the wolf comes knocking at the door.

This business of being a sheep or a sheep dog is not a yes-no dichotomy. It is not an all-or-nothing, either-or choice. It is a matter of degrees, a continuum. On one end is an abject, head-in-the-sand-sheep and on the other end is the ultimate warrior. Few people exist completely on one end or the other. Most of us live somewhere in between.

Since 9-11 almost everyone in America took a step up that continuum, away from denial. The sheep took a few steps toward accepting and appreciating their warriors and the warriors started taking their job more seriously. It's ok to be a sheep, but do not kick the sheep dog. Indeed, the sheep dog may just run a little harder, strive to protect a little better and be fully prepared to pay an ultimate price in battle and spirit with the sheep moving from baa to thanks.

We do not call for gifts or freedoms beyond our lot. We just need a small pat on the head, a smile and a thank you to fill the emotional tank which is drained protecting the sheep. And when our number is called by The Almighty, and day retreats into night, a small prayer before the heavens just may be in order to say thanks for letting you continue to be a sheep. And be grateful for the thousands, millions of American sheepdogs who permit you the freedom to express even bad ideas.

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Good letter. ANYONE who serves in the militaty even if we do not agree with the war/ military activity, should still be honored and respected highly.

Still no response to my rebuttal post no surprise there:D

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
i just mind my own business.Good letter. ANYONE who serves in the militaty even if we do not agree with the war/ military activity, should still be honored and respected highly.

Still no response to my rebuttal post no surprise there:D

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 12:00 PM
I was curious what your response would be after having so much of what you said disproven...

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
shinto is not widely followed. norwegians and danes are also scandanavian. thanks for the spell check, einstein didnt tie his shoes either. defeat, conquer, the russians were still the demoralized losers. ufc is ultimate fighti ng championship. most of the states in the union were french, spanish, and lets not forget hawaii. i dont know about this "we" killed. speak for yourself. so a dutchman, a scotsman, and a jew won WWII. i'm just dying to visit holland, scotland, and israel, drugs, heart disease and terrorism. sounds just like america.:lol:Are you retarded?????
1. First of all Japanese are not Zhen Buddhists the majority follow Shinto.
2. "Swedes and Scandinavians alike....." Swedes ARE Scandinavian
3. SPELL CHECK WORKS WONDERS... It is "Episcopalian" and "separatism"
4. The Japanese DEFEATED the Russians in the Russo-Japanese war in 1905 but they did not CONQUER them
5. What on Earth is "UFC" besides another typo
6. Using embargoes to "coerce" Japan into becoming a "state of the union" is a breathtakingly ignorant statement.
7. We could have continued to carpet bomb their cities instead of the nukes, however we killed more people in a single night in Tokyo with conventional bombs than in either Nagasaki or Hiroshima.
8. Macarthur was not beaten back he was ordered to leave Corregidor in the Phillipines if that was what you were referring to. His second in command Johnathan Wainwright held Corregidor and Manilla Bay bravely, but was ultimately captured. HOWEVER, MacArthur RETURNED ("I SHALL RETURN) and wiped the Japanese out of the Phillipines. There are set backs in every war, there were a few times that Macarthur had to pull back or pull out, but the Japanese were overall being driven back fast and fierce by the Marines.

If you have any more delightfully delusional false information that you would like me to discredit feel free. Also, just so you know my 14 year old blonde brother who is Swedish AND (shocker, I know) Scandinavian laughed when he read your post and was the one who convinced me to respond.

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 12:08 PM
the first japanese guys to come into my bar yesterday honored my posts with a deep bow. the greatest respect in buddhism. i also learned some new things about the svx. more than i have from some people who post here.I was curious what your response would be after having so much of what you said disproven...
yester

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Shinto is widely followed... Give me a break. I know it is not something that everyone is expected to know over here, but don't pretend like you do. I thought that you referring to Ultimate Fighting, but thought that maybe you mispelled some world trade abbreviation or other relevant organization, not a sporting event. I guess I should not be surprised though. Very good with knowing the other two countries in Scandinavia, but I am surprised that you at least knew to not include Finland in that group as most people associate tham as Scandinavian too. "We" referrs to the US military. They killed more people in a single night over Tokyo with conventional weapons than in either Nagasaki or Hiroshima. Not too sure what the point is you feebly attempt to make with the last statement. I am guessing that the Scotsman was MacArthur? Israel associated with terrorism just like America???

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Soooooo..... Because a couple of Japanese guys came in and bowed, you take that as Buddhism is the majority? First of all the Japanese culture bows to everything. The fact remains that the majority follow Shinto. If a visitor came to America for the winter Olympics back in 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah would they have made the asinine assumption that America was Mormon??? Give me a break please. If you do not know something do not say it. As Lincoln said," It is better to be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
according to you they're all wrong.Soooooo..... Because a couple of Japanese guys came in and bowed, you take that as Buddhism is the majority? First of all the Japanese culture bows to everything. The fact remains that the majority follow Shinto. If a visitor came to America for the winter Olympics back in 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah would they have made the asinine assumption that America was Mormon??? Give me a break please. If you do not know something do not say it. As Lincoln said," It is better to be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
thanks for removing it. didnt jesus say something about calling someone a fool and hell fire.:lol:Soooooo..... Because a couple of Japanese guys came in and bowed, you take that as Buddhism is the majority? First of all the Japanese culture bows to everything. The fact remains that the majority follow Shinto. If a visitor came to America for the winter Olympics back in 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah would they have made the asinine assumption that America was Mormon??? Give me a break please. If you do not know something do not say it. As Lincoln said," It is better to be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
get it? good?Shinto is widely followed... Give me a break. I know it is not something that everyone is expected to know over here, but don't pretend like you do. I thought that you referring to Ultimate Fighting, but thought that maybe you mispelled some world trade abbreviation or other relevant organization, not a sporting event. I guess I should not be surprised though. Very good with knowing the other two countries in Scandinavia, but I am surprised that you at least knew to not include Finland in that group as most people associate tham as Scandinavian too. "We" referrs to the US military. They killed more people in a single night over Tokyo with conventional weapons than in either Nagasaki or Hiroshima. Not too sure what the point is you feebly attempt to make with the last statement. I am guessing that the Scotsman was MacArthur? Israel associated with terrorism just like America???

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
roosevelt-dutch-legal drugs, macarthur-scottish-highest rate of heart disease, einstein-jew-nuclear weapons and target of terrorists. your welcome.:confused:get it? good?

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
BEST EVER BLONDE JOKE

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here and help
me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get
started."

Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"

The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over
the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to
her and says,

"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to
assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

He takes her hand and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a
nice cup of tea, and then .." he said with a deep sigh, . .. . .. .. .. .

(scroll down)

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage .

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.4/1057 - Release Date: 10/8/2007 9:04 AM
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Oct 9, 2007 4:10 PM
Subject: FW: BEST EVER BLONDE JOKE / no offense
To: brendawhittle@sbcglobal.net

Subject: BEST EVER BLONDE JOKE / no offense

BEST EVER BLONDE JOKE

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here and help
me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get
started."

Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"

The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over
the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to
her and says,

"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to
assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

He takes her hand and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a
nice cup of tea, and then .." he said with a deep sigh, . .. . .. .. .. .

(scroll down)

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."
:lol:I was curious what your response would be after having so much of what you said disproven...

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I didn't call you a fool. I simply said don't prove yourself to be one, but you don't have to try very hard to do so.

You're entire method of reasoning is so prodigiously stupid that I do not even know how to reply.

I reallt do not see how anything you are saying makes any sense. I kind of see some demented point behind the Jew, Scot, Dutch analogy. The world trade center/ suicide post makes no sense. I have no idea what Almanac you are looking at, but the FACT is that the majority of Japanese follow Shinto. Good grief.... Look it up and do this thing called research. It may help.

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
shinto is about as alive in japan as druids are in englandI didn't call you a fool. I simply said don't prove yourself to be one, but you don't have to try very hard to do so.

You're entire method of reasoning is so prodigiously stupid that I do not even know how to reply.

I reallt do not see how anything you are saying makes any sense. I kind of see some demented point behind the Jew, Scot, Dutch analogy. The world trade center/ suicide post makes no sense. I have no idea what Almanac you are looking at, but the FACT is that the majority of Japanese follow Shinto. Good grief.... Look it up and do this thing called research. It may help.

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 05:58 PM
This would be a good place to post these thoughts even though somewhat long. We definitely know who the Sheep are on here. :)

My only input would be that there is a breakdown between the wolves. Wolves who commit atrocities, and the fat alpha-wolves funding the lower wolves from behind the scenes, pretending to be sheep.

The sheep see them as sheep, some sheepdogs see them as sheep. Whatever I am, I see them for what they are and I would like to destroy them. My mission is to protect the common man, not from himself or from others, but from alpha-wolves.

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
That would make you the farmer, who sees his sheep as wolves. Then he kills them all. No more sheep, oops:)

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
shinto is about as alive in japan as druids are in england

Yet another gem.... Druids are from IRELAND The more you talk the dumber you look.

Shinto was the state religion until the end of WWII. It is still widely practiced throughout Japan and recognized as it's native religion.

Evil One
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
http://www.asianinfo.org/asianinfo/japan/pro-religion.htm

Jim

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks..... Now we will put it in terms that anyone can understand

117>90

Was that the final bell I heard??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 06:13 PM
That would make you the farmer, who sees his sheep as wolves. Then he kills them all. No more sheep, oops:)

You are saying the alpha wolves are sheep and I kill them because I don't realize they are sheep? :confused:

So you are saying the central banks of the world who ar controlling the worlds money supply aren't the reason our economy is failing, and you are saying they do not fund wars so they can extract profit from the debt they create from funding these wars?

Can you explain the function of the Federal Reserve? Would you deny the existence of a better system that benefits the economy as a whole, not just a couple super elite families?

Do you even realize we have been at war with the central bankers for 300 years? Watch that last video I posted, I IMPLORE you.

Whenever I start using words I don't usually use it means I am quite serious. :)

It's time for America to move on / revert to a fiat, non-gold based money system. This is not an argumentative statement I am making, I merely wish for you to consider what I see as the single greatest evil in the world, and possibly decide what these people do or don't do to make your life better/worse.

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Can you explain the function of the Federal Reserve? Would you deny the existence of a better system that benefits the economy as a whole, not just a couple super elite families?

Do you even realize we have been at war with the central bankers for 300 years? Watch that last video I posted, I IMPLORE you.

Whenever I start using words I don't usually use it means I am quite serious. :)

It's time for America to move on / revert to a fiat, non-gold based money system.

Finally a post that make sense... This interesting to me being a econ/ finance major. What do you mean by explain the function of the Fed?

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Finally a post that make sense... This interesting to me being a econ/ finance major. What do you mean by explain the function of the Fed?

That is more a challenge to justify their existence, the only explaination being to fatten the wallets of it's owners. The Fed and it's brother institutions are the single greatest bane to all involved societies, probably even the scarce few who do not use (get used by) centralized banking.

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 06:20 PM
They exist to control the money supply, attempt to keep inflation in check, and attempt to provide stability to the economy. This is done through the adjustment of interest rates and issuance of government bonds.

That is very rudimentary, but a basic overview. Btw are you saying that we should or should not go back to a gold standard for our currency?

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
You are saying the alpha wolves are sheep and I kill them because I don't realize they are sheep? :confused:

So you are saying the central banks of the world who ar controlling the worlds money supply aren't the reason our economy is failing, and you are saying they do not fund wars so they can extract profit from the debt they create from funding these wars?

It's time for America to move on / revert to a fiat, non-gold based money system. This is not an argumentative statement I am making, I merely wish for you to consider what I see as the single greatest evil in the world, and possibly decide what these people do or don't do to make your life better/worse.

OMFG!!!!! I just came in here to kick around the bees nest a bit:), but I cant beleve what you just said. Do you think or research before you type. Look at the financial backing of the moveon.org group. Do you think that they are not some of the super elete you speek of. Do you think they pour billions of $$$ in, just to do away with our exchange system. Some one is pulling the wool over your eyes.

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
HAHAHAHA...... Sheep, sheep dogs, wolves, "pulling the wool over your eyes" this thread is great.

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
guess you could call me a black sheep then:)

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
hey, where is miss muffet to keep these sheep in order? Oh wait..... they ate here when she turned her back.

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Gosh moveon.org crowd... what big eyes, ears, and teeth you have!!!!!

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 06:35 PM
They exist to control the money supply,
EXACTLY.

BUT!

attempt to keep inflation in check, and attempt to provide stability to the economy. This is done through the adjustment of interest rates and issuance of government bonds.

That is very rudimentary, but a basic overview. Btw are you saying that we should or should not go back to a gold standard for our currency?

They do not provide stability for the economy. The evidence of this is that for the amount of time they have been "in power", we have seen 3 depressions, countless (endless!) wars, and the largest rate of inflation ever in the history of the world in a very short time span. The dollar (or any other monetary unit of the US) is weaker than it has ever been. Interest creates debt. The issuance of bonds creates MORE DEBT.
The gold standard would be better than what we have, but seeing as the US has very little gold we can't do that. I don't think that is the best idea anyway. I think the US treasury should issue it's own interest free paper money.

I do not wish to contend these points because I got them from the documentary I posted and they are not necessarily my own. If you have 3.5 hours, watch it and tell me what you think. From what I can see, the Fed is a horrible, illegally legitimized organization that benefits VERY few people.

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 06:39 PM
BTW, the way I'm finding these videos is I just saw a list in a Youtube comment. :D
I'm just spending my freetime going through it. I'm on number 4.

Please Please RESTORE OUR REPUBLIC
Watch these on Google Video:
1. "Freedom to Fascism"
2. "Aaron Russo: The? Architecture of the Prison Planet"
3. "Money Masters"
4. "Money As Debt"
5. "Fiat Empire"
6. "David Ray Griffin-911 Commission Report: Ommissions and Distortions."
7. "Zeitgeist"
8. "Theft by Deception"
9. " David Ray Griffin - 911 and the American Empire (2005)"
10. " September Eleventh Should the truth be revealed or concealed?"
Vote RON PAUL 2008
Liberty~Peace~Prosperity

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
The fed does not create depressions, or inflation. If you looked up to me, and I told you some things that were not true, and you knew nothing about what I was telling you. Would you believe me? Because that is what is happening to you, when you listen to that group of corrupt souls. Our country is in the situation it is, which is not bad at all, if you look at the rest of the world because we dont export sh!t anymore. Now there is quite a few other reasons. But just to keep you statements in check, have you seen our national debt lately? Its not looking so bad.

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 06:46 PM
do you want to know why wealthy people are wealthy, and poor people are poor. Because they think about money differently.

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
EXACTLY.

BUT!

They do not provide stability for the economy. The evidence of this is that for the amount of time they have been "in power", we have seen 3 depressions, countless (endless!) wars, and the largest rate of inflation ever in the history of the world in a very short time span. The dollar (or any other monetary unit of the US) is weaker than it has ever been. Interest creates debt. The issuance of bonds creates MORE DEBT.
The gold standard would be better than what we have, but seeing as the US has very little gold we can't do that. I don't think that is the best idea anyway. I think the US treasury should issue it's own interest free paper money.

I do not wish to contend these points because I got them from the documentary I posted and they are not necessarily my own. If you have 3.5 hours, watch it and tell me what you think. From what I can see, the Fed is a horrible, illegally legitimized organization that benefits VERY few people.

The fed cannot prevent recessions or depressions. What they do is help to alleviate/lessen them (duration or strength). They obviously have nothing to do with war. Yes issuing bonds creates debt, BUT bonds are issued because that is HOW they control the money supply. The amount of currency in circulation is a contributor to inflation/deflation. Bonds are issued to pull money out and bought back to give a shot in the arm if you will to the cash flow. My dad is VERY knowledgeable in these ares I may hit him for some info tonight as I am just a college student who knows what the books say, but haven't seen the books in action as it were.

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
do you want to know why wealthy people are wealthy, and poor people are poor. Because they think about money differently.

That doesn't even mean anything.

The Fed is the center of corruption in America. It's the cancer. If you believe otherwise, there is no hope.
Look, I am no economist, so I can't say truthfully one way or another, but I do know that people including our best presidents have been fighting central banking for hundreds of years, and those that haven't have deeply regretted it (Woodrow Wilson). There are BETTER alternatives.

Money created with attached debt is a cancer to everyone required to use this money. That. Is. Truth.

You do not benefit from the current system. I don't care how rich you think you are.
You cannot change my mind about any of this. If I cannot change your mind, please just ignore me altogether. I am not a fan of inefficiency and to me commenting back and forth between people who can never agree is largely a waste of time and effort. Further positive comments on the Fed directed towards me will simply be ignored for I believe they are misleading.

--If you have not yet watched that long video, watch this one:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9050474362583451279&q=money+as+debt&total=1549&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

It is only 47 minutes long but has most of the same information with less in depth history and is far easier to digest.

UPnorth362
10-16-2007, 10:00 PM
I guess I need to better understand what you are proposing then. Seeing as basically the whole world is set up on a monetary exchange system, I cant see going back to the days of trade. Our system works, but we need to get some better politicians in office. The problem with this is too many people pay to much attention to what the media has to say, instead of actually paying attention to what is going on around them.

As for our economy, we need to bring jobs back into the country. To may business are outsourcing, importing, assembling from foreign parts, or hiring cheep illegal workers for low wages, all in the hopes of turning a better profit. Right now our economy suffers from lack of fair wage jobs. If people cant make more than enough money to support them selves, and there family, they cant buy. If people dont buy, our business suffer and lay off workers, or outsource. this cycle is what affects our economy, which is the very essence of the word.
Look at Michigan. The state where I was borne, and raised. Detroit was once one of the top revenue cities in America, and when its business started feeling the pressure, look what has happened. Our country has lost its creative, hard working, proud to be an American edge... to i just want a 9 to 5, expect everyone to give me everything without having to work for it, boy look at America its broken attitude.

In my opinion, trash every TV in America. Get people off there obese A$$es, and lets do something about what we are complaining about.Politicians on either side of the fence are not going to do it for us, and neither is government health care, and the rest of the other ridicules BS they are trying to force feed people. Where do we start? Take a look in the mirror.

NikFu S.
10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
I can't whole-heartedly disagree with any of that but I do think jobs are being outsourced because:

-people want more money
people want more money because:

-they need more money to survive
people need more money to survive because:

-the dollar falls and falls and falls in power
the dollars gets weaker because:

-the Fed is out of control
the fed is out of control because:

-centralized banking is a corrupt system that does not work
centralized banking is corrupt and does not work because:

-it is run by corrupt people whom do not "work".
it is run by corrupt people because:

-???
Why is the system run by corrupt people?

--
Off topic, where in Michigan were you born? I was born in Oscoda, (Iosco County). My parents were stationed at Wurtsmith AFB. We left when I was 2 and the only other time I've been there was when I was 16, on a road trip while staying with my Grandmother(s) in Detroit for that summer.
I have a lot of heart in Detroit and Michigan in general. I know what has happened, I've seen and felt it and it makes me angry, among other things.

porschekiller
10-16-2007, 10:58 PM
:lol:then you need to be in james glickenhaus' forum. he likes to talk about vintage ferraris and porsches as daily drivers though, in NYC.Finally a post that make sense... This interesting to me being a econ/ finance major. What do you mean by explain the function of the Fed?

sicksubie
10-16-2007, 11:09 PM
:lol:then you need to be in james glickenhaus' forum. he likes to talk about vintage ferraris and porsches as daily drivers though, in NYC.

And yet another post for the abyss of pointlessness and stupidity. What did I expect though? Surely not a response demonstrating your rapier sharp intelligence and ability to read almanacs.:rolleyes:

Hey, laugh away but with both of my majors I wont be tending or owning a bar for my career.....

I have lived in NYC.... It is overrated, Boston is much better.

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 08:45 AM
of course you'de like a commonwealth with a govenor who let the agent off for killing a mother at ruby ridgeAnd yet another post for the abyss of pointlessness and stupidity. What did I expect though? Surely not a response demonstrating your rapier sharp intelligence and ability to read almanacs.:rolleyes:

Hey, laugh away but with both of my majors I wont be tending or owning a bar for my career.....

I have lived in NYC.... It is overrated, Boston is much better.

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 08:53 AM
you dont see too many economist millionaires, unless they've written a text book. you dont have the patience or insight for any of that. i think you'de make a great drill instructor though-loud and overbearing. you sure you're not a red faced irishman.:lol:HAHAHAHA...... Sheep, sheep dogs, wolves, "pulling the wool over your eyes" this thread is great.

sicksubie
10-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Economics was an after thought because I enjoy it.... Finance, specifically the venture capital side of it is what I am focusing in. Unless you own Cheers........... :rolleyes:

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
this is what i wish someone had told me 9 years ago. college isnt going to teach you how to make money. i've seen guys become millionaires starting out with just a credit card and making the right investments. it takes balls and obsessiveness bordering on insanity. my bar has won the best sports bar four years running and it's only been open for 5. i'm also sitting in a 1.2mil home in boxford. you can see the chandalier from 95north after exit 51. investors never really own anything, because the grass is always greener somewhere else. you have to be an opportunist in the land of opportunity.Economics was an after thought because I enjoy it.... Finance, specifically the venture capital side of it is what I am focusing in. Unless you own Cheers........... :rolleyes:

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 03:00 PM
stonehenge is in, uh, england:pYet another gem.... Druids are from IRELAND The more you talk the dumber you look.

Shinto was the state religion until the end of WWII. It is still widely practiced throughout Japan and recognized as it's native religion.

shotking
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
stonehenge is in, uh, england:p

Association of druids and stonehenge is fairy tale. The monument pre-dates the religion and their is no evidance to support any association. The idea came simply because people needed a way to explain how it came to be. This idea was adopted by modern "druids" who probably don't practice the same rites as their is very little recorded history of the actual purpose and practice of the religion. Sorry to interrupt the serious conversation.:o Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Evil One
10-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Sorry to interrupt the serious conversation.:o Just thought i'd throw that out there.

DUDE!!! Whats up with tossing facts into this discussion?! :lol:

Jim

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 05:08 PM
beal was the druid god, baal was the phoenician god, they were both the sun. there is no mystery. the phoenicians were the dispersed immoral canaanites by the hebrews in dueteronomy ch 20, the cursed canaanites in mein kempf, the 5 boroughs of egypt. there is a reason why england loves israel and princess di was assassinated.Association of druids and stonehenge is fairy tale. The monument pre-dates the religion and their is no evidance to support any association. The idea came simply because people needed a way to explain how it came to be. This idea was adopted by modern "druids" who probably don't practice the same rites as their is very little recorded history of the actual purpose and practice of the religion. Sorry to interrupt the serious conversation.:o Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Evil One
10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Dude... some of the stuff you post :lol:
I will be in Salem this weekend... I may have to stop by your bar just to say hi :D

Jim

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 05:15 PM
the phoenicians were the elitist merchant ships of the world. the bible says they lived in peace but were sexually immoral so the land vomitted them out.beal was the druid god, baal was the phoenician god, they were both the sun. there is no mystery. the phoenicians were the dispersed immoral canaanites by the hebrews in dueteronomy ch 20, the cursed canaanites in mein kempf, the 5 boroughs of egypt. there is a reason why england loves israel and princess di was assassinated.

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
plus i have some hot girls working for me, 30 tvs and an internet jukebox that plays anythingDude... some of the stuff you post :lol:
I will be in Salem this weekend... I may have to stop by your bar just to say hi :D

Jim

shotking
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
beal was the druid god, baal was the phoenician god, they were both the sun. there is no mystery. the phoenicians were the dispersed immoral canaanites by the hebrews in dueteronomy ch 20, the cursed canaanites in mein kempf, the 5 boroughs of egypt. there is a reason why england loves israel and princess di was assassinated.

:confused: I'm not sure how that responds to my post. The mystery is the lack of recorded history involving them. As the countries they inhabited were being converted to Christianity anything associated with them was destroyed. Most of the ideas about them that are now considered facts is pure conjecture including names of gods.;)

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 05:23 PM
you mean the druids converting christianity. they still live like eunuchs and cant keep their hands off the boys. i believe 1 timothy says something about the bishop of rome having to be married and having raised his own family. the druids live! just go to mass.:confused: I'm not sure how that responds to my post. The mystery is the lack of recorded history involving them. As the countries they inhabited were being converted to Christianity anything associated with them was destroyed. Most of the ideas about them that are now considered facts is pure conjecture including names of gods.;)

sicksubie
10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
beal was the druid god, baal was the phoenician god, they were both the sun. there is no mystery. the phoenicians were the dispersed immoral canaanites by the hebrews in dueteronomy ch 20, the cursed canaanites in mein kempf, the 5 boroughs of egypt. there is a reason why england loves israel and princess di was assassinated.

I think your history book went through a shredder and you didnt put it back together right.

Druids are with out a doubt Celtic NOT English. Although druidsim did spread to England. Druids were polytheists. So beal was not THE Druid god. Also, the term Ba'al referrs to many different false gods that have been worshipped over the centuries. The Phoenicians were not the only people who worshipped Ba'al Way to through out a Bible reference like that will add ANY credibility to anything you say. But..... Here is a shocker (don't get too proud now) you are actually right.:eek::eek::eek: Deut. chap 20 does talk about the Israelites returning to their land after being enslaved by Egyptians and conquering the peoples that had moved in. The more you post, the more I prove you do not have a clue as to anything you are talking about. Just stop while you have some credibillity left. Everything I say can be backed up with simple reading, everything you say is poorly worded, incoherent at times, and at several points makes my eyes bleed from your stupidity.

sicksubie
10-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I timothy says nothing about the Bishop in Rome. It is about the qualifications for the overseers (bishops and deacons) in the church and not the catholic church as we know it today either. Although it was referred to as the "Catholic" church it is very different from the Catholic church we have today.

"The Druids live, just go to Mass?" What the heck????

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
:lol: "the people who moved in"? they were always there! the hebrews were from ur, which is now in iraq. btw. baal simply means lord, it's not a name.I think your e history book went through a shredder and you didnt put it back together right.

Druids are with out a doubt Celtic NOT English. Although druidsim did spread to England. Druids were polytheists. So beal was not THE Druid god. Also, the term Ba'al referrs to many different false gods that have been worshipped over the centuries. The Phoenicians were not the only people who worshipped Ba'al Way to through out a Bible reference like that will add ANY credibility to anything you say. But..... Here is a shocker (don't get too proud now) you are actually right.:eek::eek::eek: Deut. chap 20 does talk about the Israelites returning to their land after being enslaved by Egyptians and conquering the peoples that had moved in. The more you post, the more I prove you do not have a clue as to anything you are talking about. Just stop while you have some credibillity left. Everything I say can be backed up with simple reading, everything you say is poorly worded, incoherent at times, and at several points makes my eyes bleed from your stupidity.

sicksubie
10-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Abraham was from Ur you are right on that. However, the Israelites (Jacob's descendants) were living in Canaan when the famine that drove them to Egypt struck. So, they were an established clan in Canaan before their enslavement.

Ba'al is a semitic word in essense, but there were gods that were known as simply Ba'al.

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
england got it's name from angle in denmark. britain was mostly celtic and is more celtic than scandanavian today.I think your history book went through a shredder and you didnt put it back together right.

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 06:18 PM
245/45-18s on your 18"wheels will eliminate your understeer and oversteer for 4 wheel drifts. i'de use 225/50-18 on the rear though.Abraham was from Ur you are right on that. However, the Israelites (Jacob's descendants) were living in Canaan when the famine that drove them to Egypt struck. So, they were an established clan in Canaan before their enslavement.

Ba'al is a semitic word in essense, but there were gods that were known as simply Ba'al.

sicksubie
10-17-2007, 07:18 PM
I will go change them right now... And when i burn a diff i will take your tranny for giving retarded advice on a car that you obviously have zero insight on. Until you drive, experiment with various tire sizes, learn how the car reacts with different drivelines (ie MT vs AT), how the weight in the car works for you and against you, etc, etc, etc. Just shut up. I have not complained about under/over steer on my 18's. I will not race a svx in 18's until I have brakes that require me to go bigger. Until then I will run my 17x8 STi wheels with the stock potenzas with 255/40/17 RT 615's sitting in the garage for when the potenzas die.

Now on the other subject of where this thread is going. You are an obvious dullard. I have discredited you at every turn. The past few posts you finally got on track with a couple of truthful statements. Those do not make up for the past pages of idiotic statements made by you. I don't mind debating people as long as they are intelligent enough to back their words with TRUTH (look up the definition of that word). You obviously do not qualify. I am not going to post again here as there is nothing to gain from having to correct you over and over and over again. Enjoy your 1.2mil home (probably one of those sub primes that are screwing the market up right now). I will look for your chandelier the next time I am on 95 or wherever you said it could be seen from. You will probably respond to this with a poorly worded post filled with brutal capitalization and punctuation errors, but that is OK. It only goes further to prove what I am saying so feel free.

P.S. You are English and yet still have not mastered the art of spelling your own language. How sad. Also, 225/50/18 will rub big time in the rear.

porschekiller
10-17-2007, 10:02 PM
i'm not even going to dignify this with a response:lol:I will go change them right now... And when i burn a diff i will take your tranny for giving retarded advice on a car that you obviously have zero insight on. Until you drive, experiment with various tire sizes, learn how the car reacts with different drivelines (ie MT vs AT), how the weight in the car works for you and against you, etc, etc, etc. Just shut up. I have not complained about under/over steer on my 18's. I will not race a svx in 18's until I have brakes that require me to go bigger. Until then I will run my 17x8 STi wheels with the stock potenzas with 255/40/17 RT 615's sitting in the garage for when the potenzas die.

Now on the other subject of where this thread is going. You are an obvious dullard. I have discredited you at every turn. The past few posts you finally got on track with a couple of truthful statements. Those do not make up for the past pages of idiotic statements made by you. I don't mind debating people as long as they are intelligent enough to back their words with TRUTH (look up the definition of that word). You obviously do not qualify. I am not going to post again here as there is nothing to gain from having to correct you over and over and over again. Enjoy your 1.2mil home (probably one of those sub primes that are screwing the market up right now). I will look for your chandelier the next time I am on 95 or wherever you said it could be seen from. You will probably respond to this with a poorly worded post filled with brutal capitalization and punctuation errors, but that is OK. It only goes further to prove what I am saying so feel free.

P.S. You are English and yet still have not mastered the art of spelling your own language. How sad. Also, 225/50/18 will rub big time in the rear.