PDA

View Full Version : So.....

TomsSVX
10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Isn't it about time you ditched this forum and started the 20th Ann. meet stuff?? I mean its 5 years out but if it doesn't get started soon, it'll end up like the 15th

Tom

ensteele
10-10-2007, 05:58 PM
We will start one soon. There is already a countdown clock that svxcess has started. :) It will not end up like the last one. There are some of the old timers (not age) that have been here for a while and helped on the 10th that will get this one planned. :)

SomethingElse
10-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I totally missed it. what happend to the 15th anniversary?

ensteele
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I totally missed it. what happend to the 15th anniversary?

What do you mean you missed it? It was great!!! Where were you? :lol:

Speedklix
10-10-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah, it was the best thing that ever happened to me! :rolleyes::)

with a date set far enough in advance and solid commitments, it shouldn't be hard to put on a very successful 20th.

Hocrest
10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, and maybe I'll have a job by then... :o

Speedklix
10-10-2007, 08:32 PM
with the 15th people needed to be commited to determine events, people wouldn't commit without knowing there would be other people and things to do.... viscous circle. With more time, it'll be easy to decide events/agenda and change or add anything to make it more attractive... and within enough time for people to make the time available.

one unfortunate thing that was made evident, is that it may have to be in the summer :rolleyes:

TomsSVX
10-11-2007, 06:17 AM
You got me if its in august... I mean, September and I was teaching... no way I could have made it

Tom

with the 15th people needed to be commited to determine events, people wouldn't commit without knowing there would be other people and things to do.... viscous circle. With more time, it'll be easy to decide events/agenda and change or add anything to make it more attractive... and within enough time for people to make the time available.

one unfortunate thing that was made evident, is that it may have to be in the summer :rolleyes:

ensteele
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
You got me if its in august... I mean, September and I was teaching... no way I could have made it

Tom

I was in the same boat Tom. It was made clear early on that many of us could not make it if it was not during the summer. :o

The 20th WILL be in the summer. :)

Myxalplyx
10-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Commitment? Lol! It's a meet. Just show up and have a good time. That is what I did at the one and only meet I had been too. All the meets (Subarus) that I have been too have been that way.

jeffast
10-14-2007, 12:43 AM
i hope i can make it by then lol

chitownsvx
10-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Why does it have to be a 20 year meet? Why not every other year at least? Oh and does anyone haave pics of the 15th anniversary meet? How many showed up etc. I was all set to come until someone broke into my car and tore me tv radio out and broke the vents and window etc. Yall know I couldn't show up like that.

TomsSVX
10-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Why does it have to be a 20 year meet? Why not every other year at least? Oh and does anyone haave pics of the 15th anniversary meet? How many showed up etc. I was all set to come until someone broke into my car and tore me tv radio out and broke the vents and window etc. Yall know I couldn't show up like that.

It's called reading... happens every year

Tom

ensteele
10-14-2007, 01:15 PM
It's called reading... happens every year

Tom

I'll second that. :D :lol:

chitownsvx
10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Isn't it about time you ditched this forum and started the 20th Ann. meet stuff?? I mean its 5 years out but if it doesn't get started soon, it'll end up like the 15th

Tom

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 20 5 years from 15. So it seems like every five years and I read someone said something about being involved with the 10th one so yeah thats every 5 years

TomsSVX
10-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 20 5 years from 15. So it seems like every five years and I read someone said something about being involved with the 10th one so yeah thats every 5 years

:confused::confused: BTW the 15th was great... where were you:lol:

Just kidding, seriously though, i think Earl should be organizing the 20th

Tom

ensteele
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Earl and some others will be. :)

crazyhorse
04-05-2008, 10:45 AM
If I can help out by giving my time & people skills to the cause, just let me know. I may never make a Reading meet, but I WILL make the SVX 20'th. With or without my SVX.

ensteele
04-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Great. We will be contacting some members when we need help with things to do.

Less than 5 years away! :lol: :lol:

crazyhorse
04-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I know that big plans require a LOT of preperation. I've organized a couple of meets for the Ford Pinto community.

ensteele
04-05-2008, 11:20 PM
We have a committee and when we need help with something, we will post asking for some help. Thanks :)

Conn SVX
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
only 3 now. When and where ?

Crazy_pilot
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I know that big plans require a LOT of preperation. I've organized a couple of meets for the Ford Pinto community.

There's a Ford Pinto community? And they have meets? ;):p:lol:

Hocrest
03-05-2009, 05:22 PM
There's a Ford Pinto community? And they have meets? ;):p:lol:
Yeah and they always have a huge fireworks show :)

Unfortunately it's always unplanned :eek: :lol::lol:

shelfy
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah and they always have a huge fireworks show :)

Unfortunately it's always unplanned :eek: :lol::lol:

crazy exploding cars. :(

**Ewie**
11-29-2009, 08:13 PM
So when is the 20th anniversary anyway?? :confused:

Seraphinwolf
12-30-2009, 06:57 AM
So when is the 20th anniversary anyway?? :confused:

2012 :rolleyes:

svxfiles
12-30-2009, 09:23 AM
2012 :rolleyes:

I sure hope its before we all die on 12-21-2012!:)

subeman90
12-30-2009, 10:00 AM
I sure hope its before we all die on 12-21-2012!:)

oh is that the exact date? If so I want to piss my 401k away before then :lol:

svxfiles
12-31-2009, 07:28 AM
oh is that the exact date? If so I want to piss my 401k away before then :lol:

What is a 401k?:o

:barf:

subeman90
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM

don't feel bad...you have a house and all I have is imaginary money. :barf:

bwb3
12-31-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm going to celebrate in November 2011, Silver's birthday. :D
Gene

ensteele
12-31-2009, 12:42 PM
We have not set a date yet, but we will start on the details soon. :)

Green1995SVX
12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Can't wait!

Seraphinwolf
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM

A 401k is the reason my taxable income is DRASTICLY lower than my deducted income. :tard: But also why my paycheck it's self is so Fing low compared to the starting number... I made too much and bumped myself into the next tax bracket so I might change my settings and just drop my contribution % and spend money on the cars...

Conn SVX
01-12-2010, 07:09 AM
I hope it is close enough so the boys on the East coast can attend. The way my pearly is going I may be coming to it in a basket or on a trailer . Didn't the Mass. gang have a yearly get together ?

svxcess
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM

From my research through SOA and Subaru itself, it seems that the very first SVX was sold and registered in Northern California between the middle and end of June of 1991. They can find no record of what the actual VIN was or the trim and color.

The fact that the first VINs and build dates were in late 1990/ early 1991 should count for something. These indicate when the cars were born. We should have a 20 year anniversary celebrating the first SVX to hit the American Road.

That would be sometime in June 2011

17 months away...

NEXT YEAR!...:eek:

No matter what they called it (1992 SVX), I was contemplating celebrating 20 years of the first SVX on the American road.

bwb3
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
The fact that the first VINs and build dates were in 1991 should count for something.

Now you're talking, even better that it was as early as June.
Gene

svxcess
03-21-2010, 01:51 AM
It will be hard to pick a SINGLE location that will be accessible to everyone.

I thought about a two-location meet, held simultaneously. Here is an example.

I did some calculations, starting at the geographic center of the US (Lebanon, Kansas) and went from there. I plugged in the following points of reference:

Seattle, Washington
Bangor, Maine
San Diego, California
Miami, Florida

It seems that the two major cities that come up are Denver, Colorado and Indianapolis, Indiana Using these two cities as points of reference, no one in the country is more than about 1300 miles from either of these two locations.

Distance between these two cities is also around 1000 miles. Those in the western states could go to Denver; those in the eastern states could go to St. Louis and those in the central states could go to either one.

Just a thought. Guaranteed to have better attendance than a single location only.

Or combine a Reading XII/ 20th Anniversary Meet and once again involve either SOA or SIA. That way you will experience the best of both. If you come to Morgantown, PA for the 20th, you wll have been to Reading.

svxcess
03-21-2010, 02:03 AM
This is another cool tool to use

http://www.geomidpoint.com/meet/

Comes in handy for a lot of reasons. Use two actual addresses in the same town or just two differnt cities in America. It will calculate the halfway point for each.

Green1995SVX
03-21-2010, 10:14 AM
It will be hard to pick a SINGLE location that will be accessible to everyone.

I thought about a two-location meet, held simultaneously. Here is an example.

I did some calculations, starting at the geographic center of the US (Lebanon, Kansas) and went from there. I plugged in the following points of reference:

Seattle, Washington
Bangor, Maine
San Diego, California
Miami, Florida

It seems that the two major cities that come up are Denver, Colorado and Indianapolis, Indiana Using these two cities as points of reference, no one in the country is more than about 1300 miles from either of these two locations.

Distance between these two cities is also around 1000 miles. Those in the western states could go to Denver; those in the eastern states could go to St. Louis and those in the central states could go to either one.

Just a thought. Guaranteed to have better attendance than a single location only.

Or combine a Reading XII/ 20th Anniversary Meet and once again involve either SOA or SIA. That way you will experience the best of both. If you come to Morgantown, PA for the 20th, you wll have been to Reading.

With indianapolis being one, wouldnt it be logical to have it in Lafayette again?

mike

svxcess
03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Mike,

If you had only one meet, and it was once again in Lafayette, how many do you think would show now?

At the 10th Anniversary, we had just 76 SVXs show. For the 20th, that's 2300-2300 miles from the West Coast (in cars that have aged another 10 years)

From the East Coast it could be as much as 1200 miles.

It would be nice for the newer members to experience what we did at the Tenth, but the magic of that first major get-together to the wide-eyed newbies can never be repeated.

I still think two locations are necessary. Maybe the west coast contingent can pick their site. Somehow, climbing 5300 ft. into the Rockies and aging head gaskets don't mix well.

To prove a point, how many East Coast members don't come to Reading because it's too far?

NiftySVX
03-21-2010, 09:18 PM
VEGAS

20th.

Las Vegas.

Head gasket blowing desert heat.

Booze.

Fun.

Cars for those who can make it

Lots of stuff to do.

Seriously. Who's in?
:cool:

svxcess
03-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Ahhhh, the best of Reading and "The Hangover"

VEGAS

20th.

Vegas, baby...

Head gasket-blowing desert heat.

Booze.

Cars for those who can make it

Booze.

Lots of stuff to do.

Booze.

Pole dancing. lap dancing.

Did I mention Booze?

Seriously. Who's in? :cool:

NiftySVX
03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm serious. It would be fun. I'll drive one of mine, god willing. I've made that drive before. Twice.

If you think about it it makes sense. We could organize it in such a way that there were things to do, shirts and etc and I am pretty sure one of the hotels would accomodate us. I've never been to one, as I am so far away from PA and such, but I hear it is mostly about the people. I think this is an idea worthy of consideration.

But of course, an Idea. I'm in no matter what, Unless i'm dead. If I can drive to wherever, i'll consider that at the time. If I can't, I'll fly or drive a different vehicle. Hopefully I'll have my GS 450h by then. :D

blackbolt94red
03-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Lost Wages? Really?

Does anyone remember how blazing hot it was at the 10th Anniversary meet? What is summer in Vegas like?

Just wondering.

Bruce @ the Library

Cam
03-25-2010, 07:42 PM
As long as it is after August 27th!!!! I turn 21 on that day, and somehow, sneaking around vegas underage sounds like a national lampoon movie. But I doubt I would get away with it and take 4 cars home.

svxcess
03-30-2010, 07:30 PM
As long as it is after August 27th!!!! I turn 21 on that day, and somehow, sneaking around vegas underage sounds like a national lampoon movie. But I doubt I would get away with it and take 4 cars home.

I can GUARANTEE that it will be held long before August 27. Many members have school commitments for college (or their children) and won't be able to attend. Plus you are getting very close to Labor day weekend.

and June is not nearly as hot as the end of August. Ask anyone who was at Lafayette for the Tenth Anniversary about mid-July temperatures

Meet will probably sometime in the middle of June.

From research through SOA and Subaru itself, it seems that the very first SVX in America was sold and registered in Northern California between the middle and end of June of 1991. Records of what the actual VIN was or the trim and color are not available .

The fact that the first VINs and build dates were in late 1990/ early 1991 should count for something. These indicate when the cars were born.

In the United States, it is fitting to have a 20 year anniversary celebrating the first SVX to hit the American Road.

Cam
03-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I can GUARANTEE that it will be held long before August 27.

:( too bad...

svxcess
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Wherever and whenever it is held in not as important as the number of people who are committed to celebrating this milestone.

I would like to see one central location and not have it split up

At the 10th Anniversary Meet in Lafayette, we had over 70 cars and more than 100 members. In the past 9 tears, cars have aged and mileage (and associated problems as well) have risen.

At the 20th celebration, I would be happy to see just 25 SVXs that could make the trip from the surrounding states show up to represent the marque.

And I would be happier to see 150 members just fly in from around the country to celebrate the event. I am sure that a round-trip plane ticket would be about the same price as gasoline, food and lodging enroute for the more distant members, and a lot less hassle.

Not everyone drives to a family reunion. The prime consideration is the reconnection with the family, not how you get there to do it.

1986nate
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
John, I know of a fact that there are at least 3 SVXi that would make it to the 20th were it held in Indiana. I had a "mini meet" on my way back through in Indianapolis. 1 is a member on here who wanted to go to Reading but could not for various reasons and the other 2 were 1 that I talk to on facebook regularly and then one of her friends that I have told about this forum. They are in Indianapolis and I am sure they would make it to Lafayette if it were held there. Also, I will go and drive no matter where it is.:D

SVX_MY_BABY
04-22-2010, 07:33 AM
How about a location close to Niagara Falls? Lots to do there.

Freeman
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Why not Ohio or some place like that? Something closer to the middle of the states.. Btw I said Ohio cause the other states closer to the middle have nothing there :p

Green1995SVX
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Why not Ohio or some place like that? Something closer to the middle of the states.. Btw I said Ohio cause the other states closer to the middle have nothing there :p

Indiana is closer to the middle of the country than Ohio.

Freeman
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Indiana's a state?!?:confused:

lol :p

svxcess
04-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Indiana is closer to the middle of the country than Ohio.

But if you REALLY want to get to the middle of the country, you're going to have to go southwest a little. Then you'll end up HERE (http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm)

A drive that should make cozykat happy :)

Freeman
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
"There really isn't very much to see or do at the Geographical Center of the United States, but if you are passing through the area on US highways 36 or 281, it is worth driving the short distance from Lebanon."

Let's build an SVX museum there!

SVX_MY_BABY
04-22-2010, 04:51 PM
You are not dealing only with Americans.

SVX WORLD Network.

Freeman
04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Alright... To Japan!

MNYPNNY
08-06-2010, 12:52 PM
But if you REALLY want to get to the middle of the country, you're going to have to go southwest a little. Then you'll end up HERE (http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm)

Have you ever SEEN Lebanon, KS? :lol::lol:

I would very much like to be able to drive to the meet, possibly even both cars. I would prefer it to be in 2012. And I would prefer that it's not further east than Lafayette, IN. Just my 2 cents.

cozykat
08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
the driving distance makes me happy... but I'm in south Texas.. everything is far.
Have you ever SEEN Lebanon, KS? :lol::lol:

I would very much like to be able to drive to the meet, possibly even both cars. I would prefer it to be in 2012. And I would prefer that it's not further east than Lafayette, IN. Just my 2 cents.
It CAN'T be worse than El Paso.. it would probably be nice and quiet and have plenty of room for a car meet. :lol:

svxcess
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
'

http://evidentofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/stay_tuned.jpg

Green1995SVX
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
'

http://evidentofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/stay_tuned.jpg

That person has a really long neck.