PDA

View Full Version : Prototype "Trunklid/Wing" "Bumper"

SVX Maxximus
10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Has anyone ever attempted to recreate the prototype trunklid and wing all-in-one?
Also I have come across 1 picture of the prototype rear bumper which is more rounded off and spaces the tail pipes closer togeather. Has anyone ever attempted this one?
I am really glad to see such a fantastically done side skirt kit, looks great! Now I just need to create the bumper and trunklid/ wing!

It's Just Eric
10-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I know people have tried to blend the factory wing into the decklid, but with no good success. If you look at the prototype, the wing extends all the way onto the "under the rear window" trim. That, and the factory wing doesnt have the same curves...so you'd essentially need to hand fabricate it. at some point or another I thought it'd be a cool little project..But I like mine spoilerless better

ensteele
10-10-2007, 12:15 AM
...But I like mine spoilerless better

Sour Grapes! :lol: :lol:

SilverSpear
10-10-2007, 02:08 AM
I wish I had an Extra trunk, I would have done it... around 90% exact...

It's Just Eric
10-10-2007, 10:13 AM
If only you lived somewhere nearby..I have one Ive been trying to GIVE away:o

94SubieSVX
10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
If only you lived somewhere nearby..I have one Ive been trying to GIVE away:o

I'll take it!:D

SilverSpear
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Hope someday I can live and work in the US... with everything which is available over there, I can do wonders with FG... even learn and master CF also ;)

TomsSVX
10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
if there is a day I live when I cannot find ANYTHING I have to do... I will get back to work on my prototype trunklid... until then... hold your breath:lol::lol:

Tom

SilverSpear
10-11-2007, 02:14 AM
if there is a day I live when I cannot find ANYTHING I have to do... I will get back to work on my prototype trunklid... until then... hold your breath:lol::lol:

Tom

Hmmm... maybe I would be in the States by then... with the project done and half the SVX's over there installing it :p:p:p

Hurry up young Tom... :p

94SubieSVX
10-11-2007, 05:14 AM
Hope someday I can live and work in the US... with everything which is available over there, I can do wonders with FG... even learn and master CF also ;)

I'm messing around with carbon fiber right now, nothing fancy just making random pieces. Like all the black plastic in the engine bay I'm making carbon fiber stuff just to make it look good.

CF is pretty much fiberglass. Only thing is it's like 50x more toxic than FG when you're cutting it.

SilverSpear
10-11-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm messing around with carbon fiber right now, nothing fancy just making random pieces. Like all the black plastic in the engine bay I'm making carbon fiber stuff just to make it look good.

CF is pretty much fiberglass. Only thing is it's like 50x more toxic than FG when you're cutting it.

Unlike the FG, CF is for the looks. I have never seen a CF texture (before applying resin over it), it doesn't exist anywhere in the middle east... as far as I know...

94SubieSVX
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
The stuff I'm using is aircraft grade, got it secretly:cool:. You can try buying some on ebay. There's all different sizes for sale on there.

Tim
10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't mind trying to see if i could pull it off... how much different can automotive fiberglass be from surfboard fiberglassing? :p