PDA

View Full Version : NW Meet 5/11/02 Pictures

ensteele
05-12-2002, 01:02 AM
We had a great meet on Saturday. We had 10 cars, and some new owners who had not been to one of our meets before. It was great meeting them, and seeing their cars. I have posted some pictures in my locker under the meet and date. We met at the SuperMall in Auburn, and after looking at the cars and meeting the new members, we all drove up to Snoqualime Falls. We parked in the upper parking lot, but there were lots of cars there, so we couldn't get a good group picture there. We walked to the Falls, and looked around. We then went to Big Ed's Berger Joint or what ever it is called, and had some eats. The last of us drove down the road for some more pictures and more talk. It was a beautiful day with lots of sun, good company, new friends, and some sight seeing. What can beat that, especially when you mix it with our wonderful cars?:) :cool: :D

Aredubjay
05-12-2002, 02:09 AM
Good to see the Pearlies out in force. :D

Looks like it was a good time, Earl. Wish I could've been there. Can't hardly wait for the 10th Anniversary meet now.

WestCoastSVX
05-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Looks great Earl! Glad to see the "Falls Drive" finally came to pass. :)

Sorry I didn't make it to add the claret to the mix, but these things happen I guess. :(

Here's something a little weird though - I had to spend most of the day up in the Arlington area, and between my trip from Redmond to there, around the area, and back, we saw SIX other different SVXes throughout the day!!! :) The sun must have brought them out! Just goes to show how much untapped potential is out there in this area still...

The last one we saw was another claret going north on Hwy 2 just south of Snohomish passing the opposite way about 6:00. Was that you Mike?

jbarber
05-12-2002, 12:45 PM
We ended up taking the wife's van to the tranny shop Saturday. Wouldn't you know it, another 4EAT bites the dust..

For those who would love Mazda MPV 4WD vans:
Beware, for they are cursed with the infamous NISSAN 4EAT automatic, and have undersized passages in the radiator-mounted cooler. Lubrication failure will occur at the least convenient time.

On a potentially brighter note, Tidrick's shop in Yakima rebuilds on-site, and Brad survived my cross-examination. If the Mazda rebuild turns out well, I'll take the SVX in for some work. Shifts are 'sliding', and it occasionally winds up between shifts, then 'catches'. [sigh]

--jim