PDA

View Full Version : I will not stand for seeing another Cold and Homeless beverage!

Gr8Dane
09-28-2007, 01:35 AM
not exactly the most exciting mod but hey, it's gotta be taken into account somewhere.

The previous owner of my svx couldn't find the stock cupholder when he was selling it to me. He said it was somewhere around the house and he just needed to remember where he put it and then he'd call me and give it to me. Well i'm not mad or anything but it's been a month with no call. So i figure why not just get another stock holder or perhaps a better one? they're not terribly expensive. So i just wanted u guys to weigh in on what some good cupholding options are. Then perhaps telling me where i can find said product.

i don't really like the way the stock one sits in the center console, seeing as it means u gotta keep the thing open when there's a drink in there and u certainly can't keep important paper in there without it turning to soggy mush. I'm not a great big fan of the single ones that hang off A/C vents either...they're just plain tacky to me. Something near the seats would be lovely. Anyway, just please tell me what you've got:)

msvx95
09-28-2007, 05:42 AM
Not sure where to find one, but I think some members mount them on the right side of the center console near the gear selector and the passenger seat.

It's either that or find a passenger who likes to hold drinks.:)

svxcess
09-28-2007, 06:22 AM
The Wedgie is the easiest and simplest cup holder anywhere! You can usually find them at Walmart (in black) for less than $5.00

But get them from Auto Barn in black, gray (for your Laguna) or taupe (which is a close match to our tan interiors)

For ordering information, click HERE (http://www.autobarn.net/wedautcup.html)

The Wedgie wedges between seats or seat and center console of most cars. When you don't need it, just pull it out and into the rear floor it goes. Put it between the front passenger seat and the console (preferred) or between the driver's seat and the console (if your passenger does not like it)

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/rodi_1967_80469003

Had them for years with no problems with spillage,loosening up, etc. I sometimes keep my cell phone or extra change in the center bin.

Hocrest
09-28-2007, 06:30 AM
+1 for the wedge.

I like that when not using it it can go in the trunk, or wedged between the rear of the console and the front edge of the back seat.

It's Just Eric
09-28-2007, 07:53 AM
you have drinks in your car?

There's nothing wrong with the freeze / burn your parts off method that is holding it between your legs....But mostly I just drink stuff from a bottle with a cap. unscrew, sip, put the lid on, and onto the floor it goes.Just...dont buy the 32 oz arizona iced tea..their lids aren't exactly ided-tea tight, as I found out the hard way(Hence why it goes on the FLOOR now)

shelfy
09-28-2007, 09:07 AM
i use the stock cupholder and the wedgie for times when i have four beverages. :)

wawazat??
09-28-2007, 01:37 PM
i use the stock cupholder and the wedgie for times when i have four beverages. :)

Quadruple fisted Ken??? How do you drive and use your cell phone??? I'm so:confused:

Todd:lol:

Gr8Dane
09-29-2007, 01:08 AM
haha yes up to this point i've been doing the "burn/freeze your parts" method, but quite frankly it's getting old fast :rolleyes: however this wedgie is definitely an intriguing solution, it's not like i'm going for the big gulp or anything, and i typically do just have bottled water, but basically every other drink in the car has a removable lid and that's definitely encouragement for me to find a new cupholder.

thank you for the help :D

I'll go look in walmart tomorrow and if not there i'll check out that site.

shelfy
09-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Quadruple fisted Ken??? How do you drive and use your cell phone??? I'm so:confused:

Todd:lol:

one hand holds the cup, the other holds the phone. just don't know how these kids text and drive?!?

crazy texters! :(

ensteele
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM
The wedgie is the only way to go. :D :D

Gr8Dane
09-30-2007, 04:28 AM
I just bought it today and it's PERFECT:D:D

thanks for the tip guys!

svxcess
09-30-2007, 10:47 AM
At the 10th Anniversary meet in Lafayette, the host hotel was very close to the Walmart.

We walked over and cleaned them out of every one that they had.

In Maryland, I special ordered a case of 24 from Walmart at a discount price and those did not last long either. That was before i found the gray and taupe ones at Auto Barn.

Speedklix
09-30-2007, 11:21 AM
There's nothing wrong with the freeze / burn your parts off

...this mod does not work in MT conversions :lol:

i may go buy one of these too. I know YTom must use one, because he used the box as packing material when he sent me something :D

Szalkerous
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I am a user of the tan wedge... best investment for such little money ever.

Sir. Nate
10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
yup, the day after I bought my car i went down to wal-mart and bought a wedge drink holder and a microfiber steering wheel cover that matches the suede.

ecivic
10-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, the Wedge rocks! Perfection.