PDA

View Full Version : just got a 92 SVX w/only 15K miles onit

Ibn Fadlan
05-09-2002, 07:43 AM
My grandfather bought this car in mid 93, and I have been trying to purchase this car since his passed on 6 years ago. I plan on keeping this car and wish to keep it in it's current condition (cherry). My biggest concern with the car is the transmission. I have read alot about the poorly designed cooling system for the transmission. I plan on installing an aftermarket cooler (or two), and a proper filter. I think water wetter my redline in the radiator would also be a good idea. I don't think the dealership took care of any of the recalls, and I don't trust any dealership in my local area ( destin, Fort walton beach. I do have some mods on this car but nothing extream. 'exhaust, fuel injectors, intake and a few other mods to get cose to the 300HP mark. I would appreciate any recomendations, and I'm most willing to place a long distance phone call. thank you, thank you....
thank you very much :)

PS I love this car

Ron Mummert
05-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Ibn - you may want to post this message in the General Babble forum. You'll get more comments - especially about the 15K thing (drool).
Welcome to the club.
Ron.

JeffN
05-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Tell me how to do the mods you did for 300hp, God knows I need it...! thanx:confused:

EverclearAtMSU
05-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Ibn Fadlan
to get cose to the 300HP mark. I would appreciate any recomendations, and I'm most willing to place a long distance phone call. thank you, thank you....
thank you very much :)

PS I love this car

I'd be willing to place a long distance call to get my car up to 300hp...please share :)

I also have a 92, however it just broke the 100K mark. Still on the original tranny. Just take care of it, change the oil in it, get it flushed, maybe get one of those tranny cooler things. Dont rag on it like crazy, and it will be nice to you in return. According to the guy at my subaru shop, the ones that came back w/ the bad trannies are people that never changed the oil in them, not once, ever. Not to say there isn't an issue with them, but as long as you do the basics you'll be fine. One other problem is the wheel berrings, I dont know what you can do about that, other than replacing them. Mine were redone before I bought the car.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

CGLathrop
06-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I would love to hear more about how to get hte 300 HP.