PDA

View Full Version : So who is still in?

huck369
09-17-2007, 11:13 AM
OK crew...
Sound off here ONLY if you are still going to the 15th Anniversary Meet next weekend.

I'll be there Fri. night, and will be leaving Sunday afternoon.

I've got a double room, and have a bed to spare.

huck369
09-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Well...with excitement like this.....I guess I'll call and cancel my reservations tomorrow....
I'll stick with the XT meets....

ensteele
09-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I am sorry to see that this meet has come to this. :(

huck369
09-18-2007, 04:55 AM
I am sorry to see that this meet has come to this. :(

Me too Earl...me too:(

Earthworm
09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I wish I could have done more to make this meet happen. My personal issues started in January and didn't get better until July. By then it was already too late.

Speedklix
09-18-2007, 12:14 PM
does that mean we should just cancel this?
what do you think huck? sounds like a cancel. I'll need to know tonight if it is.

I'll have to be sure I take off for next reading meet if we do.

I took it as a bad omen when I poped the hood today to check things out and all I could smell was gas :mad:
That wasn't going to stop me though, I have already dug out my old injectors and maf, planning to put them in tomorrow. but this is right after a vac leak, and I tore my other engine mount last week... which was bound to happen, but again was going to drive it anyway. I really will NOT hold it against anyone that says some other time.

huck369
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
does that mean we should just cancel this?
what do you think huck? sounds like a cancel. I'll need to know tonight if it is.

I'll have to be sure I take off for next reading meet if we do.

I took it as a bad omen when I poped the hood today to check things out and all I could smell was gas :mad:
That wasn't going to stop me though, I have already dug out my old injectors and maf, planning to put them in tomorrow. but this is right after a vac leak, and I tore my other engine mount last week... which was bound to happen, but again was going to drive it anyway. I really will NOT hold it against anyone that says some other time.

Well, that isn't really my call...
But since I'm not going, cancelling it would at least not make me feel bad for not going...:rolleyes:...

I hate it as I had looked forward to it ever since the 10th meet...

Maybe it just wasn't ment to be...:(

But today is the last day to cancel your reservations without penalty...

Speedklix
09-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I wish I could have done more to make this meet happen. My personal issues started in January and didn't get better until July. By then it was already too late.

Yeah, been a bad year for a lot of people apparently.
I was wondering where you went man. Hope things are getting better for ya

As huck has pointed out, today is the last day. It pains me terribly to have to say it, but I think I we need to cancel. I will wait for the last minute to cancel my own reservations incase there are a few more people who come out to say they will be there for sure. I’ll swap out stage two, stuff tools in the car and take off if there are some decent confirmations.

For you other guys here in the north east, if 15th is canceled..
Check out the Radar Run meet in the NH Sightings thread!
Or the cruise the kank meet on the following weekend.

-Mike

wannarace928
09-18-2007, 03:41 PM
I can make it but for only one day. (arrive friday afternoon, leave saturday afternoon) And will definately go as long as other people are going too.
I have not made reservations as of yet though because it doesnt seem like this meet is going to happen, but if I know forsure there will be a few others there I can reserve a room or book a room at another hotel near by if this one is full.

TomsSVX
09-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, been a bad year for a lot of people apparently.
I was wondering where you went man. Hope things are getting better for ya

As huck has pointed out, today is the last day. It pains me terribly to have to say it, but I think I we need to cancel. I will wait for the last minute to cancel my own reservations incase there are a few more people who come out to say they will be there for sure. I’ll swap out stage two, stuff tools in the car and take off if there are some decent confirmations.

For you other guys here in the north east, if 15th is canceled..
Check out the Radar Run meet in the NH Sightings thread!
Or the cruise the kank meet on the following weekend.

-Mike

Also feel free to come down to the Subaru Challenge in Baltimore... I know its a trip but its definately gonna be a cool get together

Tom

wannarace928
09-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Time has almost run out.... anyone going?:confused:

Speedklix
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
sadly, no.

I would have left 7-8 hours ago if there were about 3-4 other members with your entusiasm. It looks like a wash.

huck369
09-20-2007, 12:47 PM
sadly, no.

I would have left 7-8 hours ago if there were about 3-4 other members with your entusiasm. It looks like a wash.

You can always head down to Somerset, KY...we have the "Summernites Cruise" car show here this weekend, usually better than 1000 cars...and it's free.
We can do a drive down to Cumberland Falls, or a few other choice drives....

Speedklix
09-20-2007, 06:02 PM
hey, remind me about that next time around huck. Would be great to hang out with you guys, but I have already commited to working this weekend so that I can make a meet with the MA/NH guys next weekend

huck369
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
hey, remind me about that next time around huck. Would be great to hang out with you guys, but I have already commited to working this weekend so that I can make a meet with the MA/NH guys next weekend

Oh well...
Maybe some other time...

ensteele
09-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Maybe at the 20th. :o