PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready for Summit Point

shotgunslade
08-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Will be at Summit Point this coming weekend (August 25-26) for two track days with NASA Middle Atlantic. We'll be running on the main course. Got my New Bridgestone RE01-R's (245/40-17) mounted and on the car. Just bled the brakes. Thern the rain started to fall before I could get a picture of the tires. But I'm ready to roll. Anyone want to drop by Summit Point, would love to see any fellow SVXers.

A question about heat cycling the tires. These aren't really R compounds. They have a wear rating of 140 as opposed to 80 for typical R's. Does anyone think I really need to go to the hassle of running them up to temperature and then taking them off the car for 24 hours?

Anyway, maybe none of this is applicable to these tires? Any thoughts?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/shotgunslade/Bridgestonessmall.jpg

benebob
08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
No you should be fine with heating them up and letting the 'em on the car. Just move it every few hours while sitting for that resting time.

Wish I could make it down. If it was 2 weekends later I'd be riding right past ya and would have to stop. That reminds me I need to see if Harry is running an autox in Winchester the weekend of the 6th.

newsvx
08-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry I did not make it to Summit this weekend. I hope all went well. The tires really look good. I'm sure they performed well.

Ben, I do plan to be at autocross with the Mercedes Club in Winchester - but the date is Sep 9, not Sep 6. I am about 98% recovered from my surgery now, but I'll probably be sore as hell on Monday following the autocross. Are you able to come down? You know, of course, we are now running at the Millbrook High School parking lot. This is just EAST of Winchester on Route 7. Hope to see you there......

Harry