PDA

View Full Version : New Info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIA stuff

sicksubie
08-17-2007, 07:55 AM
I just got off the phone with Mike Mattingly from SIA and he has the dates of the 20-24 reserved for us. We will be able to take tours on either friday or monday. Also we have usage of the rec room at the plant for functions (food stuff I am guessing). Now for the creme de la creme...... He is now going to try to set up a track day on their south parking lot. They just hosted an event three weekends ago and he said they can easily use the same track layout. I told him that interest had waned slightly and he said that was not a problem because employees would love to come and race in their vehicles too. So, my guess would be something like a tour on friday, tech/ garage stuff friday night at SIA, autocross on saturday, abd then dinner saturday night in the rec room (if it is still open as details on this are still vague). Sunday i am not sure about, but that is what I have come up with so far.

ridered777
08-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow, sound awesome!

Wish I could go...:(

Oh well, I'd probably just end up breaking a thousand dollar part while auto-crossing ANYWAY...

techy101
08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
That sounds AWESOME!

I can't wait. Although I hope it's somewhat cool out since I don't have A/C

sicksubie
08-17-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah..... I hope that this will start to spark some more interest in the meet. A auto-x at subaru would be amazing.

svxcess
08-18-2007, 01:09 AM
32 days and 21 hours...

svxcess
08-18-2007, 01:15 AM
yeah..... I hope that this will start to spark some more interest in the meet. A auto-x at Subaru would be amazing.
If we couldn't generate sufficient interest when the hotel rates were half as much as they are now, I don't think there is much chance of a big change in attendance because of a possible autocross and a rec room dinner.

The main problem has always been September.

sicksubie
08-18-2007, 07:36 AM
True but remember not everyone is staying at that hotel ( myself included and I know that someone else is staying with relatives ). However it would be nice to know exactly how many people/ cars are still going to be coming.

svxcess
08-18-2007, 12:05 PM
However it would be nice to know exactly how many people/ cars are still going to be coming.

Ask for an updated list of those members who are definitely going to post here.
By the time the meet it is 2 weeks away, everyone should have decided. Those who are unsure at the 2 week mark probably won't go.

By then, some of the vague plans with SIA's involvement should have been resolved.

huck369
08-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I emailed them also Friday...and tryed to post to let you know, but the network was down yesterday afternoon when I tryed to post...

Sounds great...now I need to get some work done on my car!:D

Speedklix
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
hey guys, just got back in the country this morning. I know the tour stuff was vague, but I mean what I say. I never got much feedback on the monday/friday thing from the rest of the planning crew but i made sure we had it anyway. Mike also said they have a Wireless PA system if we need it BTW.
The autox is a great idea, I had been trying to set up something similar elsewhere, but being unable to meet with people in person I have not been able to get too many people to take me seriously. The thought never crossed my mind that SIA would entertain the idea :o

I will obviously still be there and I should be +1

wawazat??
08-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Though I am ot attending the 15th meet, I did compete at the recently held Subaru Challenge at the plant. Pictures they took are here

http://www.subaru-sia.com/sub_chall_low/index.htm

As you'll see, I'm the only SVX in attendance but took third in STX.

Todd

huck369
08-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Though I am ot attending the 15th meet, I did compete at the recently held Subaru Challenge at the plant. Pictures they took are here

http://www.subaru-sia.com/sub_chall_low/index.htm

As you'll see, I'm the only SVX in attendance but took third in STX.

Todd

Way to represent Todd.....!!!!!

(but you ought to come to the meet....) :rolleyes: :D

wawazat??
08-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks Huck! Had a good time with a bunch of friends but once a year in Lafayette is enough for me:)

svxcess
08-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Ask for an updated list of those members who are definitely going to post here.
By the time the meet it is 2 weeks away, everyone should have decided. Those who are unsure at the 2 week mark probably won't go.

By then, some of the vague plans concerning SIA's involvement should have been resolved.

Who is still committed as the two week mark approaches?

For a true anniversary meet, you need to have more members in attendance than Earl has cars...

ensteele
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Who is still committed as the two week mark approaches?

For a true anniversary meet, you need to have more members in attendance than Earl has cars...

LOL :D :D :D

sicksubie
08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Im in........

huck369
08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah..I'm still in....just hope to have my AC fixed before then...:rolleyes:

techy101
08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm still in.

wannarace928
08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
I am going to try to make it. But it would most likely be for only 1 night the 20th-21st.

paladinwkh
09-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Im in so long as I can caravan with someone. The tealy's tranny is starting to act up... 4.44s or a 5sp in the near future. Anyone passing through NY let me know.

svxcess
09-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I will obviously still be there
I'm in......
Yeah..I'm still in....just hope to have my AC fixed before then... :rolleyes:
I'm still in....
I am going to try to make it.
Im in so long as I can caravan with someone. The tealy's tranny is starting to act up...

That's it??? ... FOUR???... and a couple of maybes???

huck369
09-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Yeah John...I think you've scared everyone off with all the negative posts since the beginning:rolleyes:

Speedklix
09-05-2007, 05:33 AM
...yeah, pretty much

and paladinwkh, Schenectady is just off of one route I was considering, and I think my buddy is going to bail on me. Promise you're not a psycho and I might pick you up instead of my sister. I can't promise anything just yet though.

svxcess
09-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah John...I think you've scared everyone off with all the negative posts since the beginning :rolleyes:
I will accept any responsibility on my part, but I don't want to be the sole whipping boy if this meet does not turn out as anticipated. My postings have not always been negative.

A lot of signing up and enthusiasm in the beginning, but not a lot of follow through and planning. Everyone expected it would just "happen", without any effort expended and everyone would enjoy the benefits. Something like the "Little Red Hen" story from my childhood.

Over a year ago (August 2007) is when green_eyed_lady and myself came to the conclusion that the odds were against it actually happening. We saw an early lack of commitment to get this off the ground.

A year later (August 2007) there were almost 50 members on the signup list. I can't believe that that I could convince about 40 members from across the country that it wouldn't be worth attending. People dropped out for various reasons: schedule conflicts, work, financial, etc. Also because it seemed there wasn't enough events or activities planned.

The Kiss of Death: The dates selected were not in its favor. In September kids are back in school, younger members are back in college and in some cases vacation time was just not available.

Everyone I spoke with loved the 10th Anniversary meet, despite the heat. I heard no one complain about it while we were there; we we too busy having fun! No one said "it's too hot, I'm going home". Early summer is the most flexible time for most, assuring a maximum turnout. The September dates came up to address the issue of heat and nothing else. No a lot of foresight as to the ramifications of this decision

Very early planning is in the works for the 20th anniversary. Sometime in July, 2011, which is the 20th anniversary of when the first SVX was sold and hit the American road. Now that's something to celebrate!!

Yes it's July... and yes it may be hot, depending on where it is...

but nobody fails to celebrate Independence day just because it falls where it does on the calendar. Wear a hat, drink an extra beer, spring for a little sunscreen.

Larry III, myself and others will run with the ball for the next one. It will not be a never-ending process of where, when, why and why not. On-going committees and polls and the like. Plans will be in the works early. I'm sure we will weigh all the options, considering the majority, set the dates, location(s), and so forth, and go from there. Im almost certain it will be a two-location meet.

That's how the last Reading meet was handled. Based on past experiences, I set the dates, I picked the hotel and that was it! Be there... Don't be there...

It ended up being on the third weekend of April as the first was still too cool, and the second week usually involved Easter and tax time. Making accommodations for the most members.

And we all knew how it worked out.

Sorry for the long post...

Read this page http://blade1.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39957&highlight=20th+anniversary&page=3

huck369
09-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I know it wasn't all you with the negative remarks John, but yours just seem to carry more weight than the others due to who you are...I'm not mad at you about it, I'm just dissapointed that it isn't going to be anything like the 10th...

I didn't ask for it to be in Sept either, but I have made an effort to be there regaurdless of weather or not it fit in my schedule...as since I wasn't doing the planning, didn't fell I needed to complain about it.

I doubt I'll nearly as enthused abouit the 20th meet ( as I was the 10th) if this is the way things are running by then.

Anyway...just blowing off some steam....

techy101
09-05-2007, 07:50 PM
To make it all worse. It's looking like I might have issues getting there. Looks like I need a new driveshaft, and I don't think I can get it done before the meet would be:(

Speedklix
09-08-2007, 03:02 PM
hey guys,

how many of you have GPS units, with coordinates.
Not the navigation style deals.. unless it gives you offroad too and is somewhat portable.

...and I have a leak in my TB, others may want to give their cooling system at least a look at before heading out. look for cracks on the big hoses and what not.

sicksubie
09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I will call mike again tomorrow to see if he still wants to set up an autocross for the whopping 4 cars that will be there. He said that if turnout was small he would open it up to other subarus in the community and to the employees.

paladinwkh
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
...yeah, pretty much

and paladinwkh, Schenectady is just off of one route I was considering, and I think my buddy is going to bail on me. Promise you're not a psycho and I might pick you up instead of my sister. I can't promise anything just yet though.

Actually I would still drive out, but I just want to make sure I am with a group in case I get in trouble...

frogmonk
09-18-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm planning on coming Saturday along with nexus_7. Will confirm for sure by Wednesday since this was short notice for me being a newbie here.

Does anyone know what activities there are for Saturday and what time things begin?

We'll be coming from Chicago so it's only about two hours drive.