PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One Nanowax

Budfreak
08-12-2007, 12:37 AM
I just tried Eagle One's Nanowax on my truck and I must say, It is pretty impressive stuff. It goes on clear and dries to a haze and the smallest amount really does go a very long way with it too. Very easy removal and application and it really brought the paint back to life with a very slick and beautiful shine. I recommend any product made by Eagle Ones parent company Ashland. They also produce Valvoline and a few other good names.:)

Nevin
08-23-2007, 12:21 AM
I and a friend have a detailing business together, and this is the wax we use primarily unless the customer requests something else. I've been very impressed with Eagle One's lineup and they really do make a great product. They have a fine instant detailer too, which is great for cleaning up in door jams, under the hood, and just for a normal quick instant detail!

processengr
08-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Hi,
Have you tried the Turtle Wax "ICE" yet? It is like nothing else I have ever used, I like it! Prevoiusly I used the Nanowax, Zymol two step, Black Magic (very good) Eagle one pure carnuba...

Nevin
08-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I have tried the ICE, and was impressed by how well it went on and off, but I'm still not convinced that it protects as well as the Eagle One does. The finish seemed like it lost it's luster far sooner than the Eagle One I'd used previously. Therefore, my money stays with Eagle One.

crazyhorse
08-27-2007, 05:33 PM
With Nevin not only running a detail shop, but having 2 black cars, I'd trust his reccomendations.

ensteele
08-27-2007, 05:35 PM
If a product works on black, it will work on anything. :)

Crazy_pilot
08-27-2007, 06:40 PM
I've used ICE polish on my Ebony, but I find that the buffing cloth gets loaded up with polish very quickly and then has trouble buffing properly without leaving streaks

Nevin
08-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Another brand that I just started using is Britemax. They have an instant detailer that absolutely BURIES everything else I've ever used. It gives it a shine that I have never seen before--better even than most carnauba waxes! My Mac tools man caries it on his truck and told me about it and well, I'll try anything once to see how it works.

I'm waiting to use the 5 step process on the Sooby to see how it looks. I will probably only do steps 4 and 5 now since it's already very clean and has a good coat of wax on it, however I'm expecting good things!

I've used ICE polish on my Ebony, but I find that the buffing cloth gets loaded up with polish very quickly and then has trouble buffing properly without leaving streaks

I also had that same problem. The wax itself comes off nicely, but it just balled up on my microfiber cloths, so I tried it with a cheesecloth and it just did the same thing. Has a good shine, but any kind of Turtle wax has always given my SOME kind of hassle... usually with the "wax off" stage.