PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 92!

nvrmore100
05-10-2001, 08:34 PM
Wasn't sure if anyone was looking for another SVX...or their first one. This one is on Ebay for another few days...pretty cheap...and looks like a pretty good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=588268374&r=0&t=0

Ryan

vkykam
05-10-2001, 10:06 PM
If you look carefully at the pictures, there are at least 3 different rims on the car, the factory one on the driver front, a steel rim on the passenger front, and what looks to be a 5 spoke on the drivers rear.

The windshield new would run $1000+, so it might make a good parts car.

Sad to see another SVX treated that badly...

VK

Aredubjay
05-10-2001, 11:21 PM
You have to remember, this was a car that was probably parked on the street . . . in Brooklyn! Talk about your "dings." The pic looks decent, but, as blonde_man can attest, pics can be deceiving.

nvrmore100
05-11-2001, 08:39 AM
Well lets look at it this way. "Assuming" it runs ok (which I would have to hope someone verified before they bought it anyways) what would a tranny run you? Even a used one would prob be around $1500 (wild guess)...this is a steal for anyone with a 92 and a way to get it to their hometown.

Ryan

Aredubjay
05-11-2001, 09:01 AM
Yes, you're right. I spent 2,300.00 to rebuild my first tranny (that turned out to be a legacy tranny), then, turned around about a month later, bought an SVX tranny on e-bay for around 500.00 and spent another 1,200.00 having it re-built. So, yes, it would be a good deal for a parts car. We weren't being unappreciative of your tip. If it sounded as though I were, I apologize.

nvrmore100
05-11-2001, 09:09 AM
Oh no I didn't think it that way at all. I just remember some threads on there of people wanting dirt cheap SVX's....well here we go. :)

Aredubjay
05-11-2001, 09:41 AM
Good deal. BTW, I can't quite make out your "avatar." What is it? Looks interesting . . . what I can "kind of" see of it.

nvrmore100
05-11-2001, 09:51 AM
Well its a pretty menacing looking raven about to munch down on the guy from Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" .... unfortunately 50 pixels isn't really enough to see it very well.

I put it in my locker...hopefully this is the right link....

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/nvrmore100/213.jpg

Ryan

Jamsvx
05-11-2001, 06:01 PM
How do you actually get those pictures on the side???

Thanks

Jamsvx

Stevebsy
05-11-2001, 08:10 PM
I ran the carfax on this car and it doesn't come back with any problems.

If someone really wants the car, send me an email at stevebsy@yahoo.com and I'll send you the carfax report.

Aredubjay
05-11-2001, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Jamsvx
How do you actually get those pictures on the side???

Thanks

Jamsvx

James, go to your "user cp" at the top of the page. You'll be presented with several white buttons at the top of the page. Click on "edit options." At the very bottom of the page, you'll see "Avatar" -- it lets you choose a pic from files on your pc. Of course, they'll have to be re-sized to "teeny tiny" before it will allow you to upload it. I'm not sure what the resolution is supposed to be -- perhaps someone else knows. I just stole, er, copied Henry's cute little car and re-colored it. I don't know how to animate it though. :(

Ah, reminds me, I need to tint my windows to make it more accurate. :)