PDA

View Full Version : Decal Orders

jscorse
05-09-2001, 10:31 AM
Wow, Lots of talk. Just let me know when and where and my money will be present. I have 10 decals from the last go-around. I have no problem with ordering 10 more. Especially with THIS site's address....

wasions
05-09-2001, 01:03 PM
But I don't do e-money. Send me an address to send a check to. (Man, I hope we don't have any English teachers in the crowd! - My face is red!):p

My address (for all the world to see) is: wasions@midwest.net .

Tanks!

Steve

svxcess
05-09-2001, 02:13 PM
Here is the latest info I have: Price for each 3-color decal, based on 1,000 pieces is .56 each.

Our decals can be precision die-cut. A one-time die charge of 250.00, plus an actual hand cutting charge of .16 for each decal is required. If we divide the cost of the die throughout the 1,000 run it adds .25 to each decal. So .56 for 3 color decal + .16 for die-cutting + .25 die charge is still only .97 each.

The next price break comes at 2,000, where the decals themselves drop .12 each.

Aredubjay
05-09-2001, 02:19 PM
So, still, around a buck apiece. That's not bad. BUT, can we find enough people who want to order. It would take 100 people at 10 each, or 50 people at 20 each, or, a combination of the two. Put me down for 20.

FlagstaffSVX
05-09-2001, 06:17 PM
Count me in for 10. Where shall I send the envelope to? :-)

And don't get the die cutting, I can spend the 5 mins cutting the ones I want cut and leave the others as squares. (or ovals if they come that way)

SVXphile
05-10-2001, 05:08 AM
The decals/clings look great!

I'll take 10.....hold the onions.

:p Don

Aredubjay
05-10-2001, 02:44 PM
I decided to split the "logo" thread into a "decal order" thread, since many had expressed interest. So far, this bunch adds up to 60. A drop in the bucket on the way to the 1,000 mark. If I deleted anyone's order, please forgive me and please re-enter. Once we've gained sufficient interest on this thread, then, mail/money details will be worked out.

Just so's everyone knows, last time the order was for 500, many of which John payed for just to help get the cost down. He still has a "few." If there isn't sufficient interest to order 1,000, then, the order will be put on hold until that time arrives.

So, please express your interest and amount of decals you would like, here in this thread. I'll try to total them up, from time to time, and post the results.

nubs
05-10-2001, 02:49 PM
Put me down for TEN of them.

Aredubjay
05-10-2001, 02:49 PM
Just realized I left out Jerry's order:

<<I think that if we have to pick one type, then static-cling is the way to go. Since I have window tinting, that limits my choice of spots to the lower corner of the windshield, but that's OK.
As far as the trimming of the excess plastic film, maybe that's something each owner should do themselves - unless the cost savings are small.

John, put me down for 10! >>

So, now we're up to 117. Keep 'em comin'

sith
05-10-2001, 03:36 PM
I'll order 10

tober76b
05-10-2001, 11:00 PM
have we decided whether these are going to be static-cling or not?
if they are, where do all of you plan to put 10+ of these things?....one on each plane of glass? :D
i'll take 2 of them.
toby

Aredubjay
05-10-2001, 11:07 PM
Yes, Toby, they will be static cling. I'm ordering 20. I'll use two, save a few for spares. The others, I'll hold on to after the printing so I can give them to people at meets who weren't aware they existed and couldn't get in on this order. I'll also leave one on the windshield, or give one to an SVXer who doesn't know about the Network, should I meet them on the street.

huck369
05-11-2001, 05:27 AM
Put me in for 10, heck if I put 2 on each of my Subarus I'll only have 2 spares!:eek:

tober76b
05-12-2001, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Yes, Toby, they will be static cling. I'm ordering 20. I'll use two, save a few for spares. The others, I'll hold on to after the printing so I can give them to people at meets who weren't aware they existed and couldn't get in on this order. I'll also leave one on the windshield, or give one to an SVXer who doesn't know about the Network, should I meet them on the street.

good point. i'll take 5 total then.
toby

Stevebsy
05-12-2001, 08:46 PM
Put me down for 12

Forget the die cutting, we can do that if we want to ourselves, IMO

Aredubjay
05-12-2001, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Stevebsy
Put me down for 12

Forget the die cutting, we can do that if we want to ourselves, IMO

Alright! With toby's increase and Steve's order we're at 117.

Steve, the die cutting didn't cost that much if we get the 1,000 quantity. If we end up having to order less, we may delete that feature. It's nice to have, though.

John19688
05-14-2001, 11:15 AM
Or all of them?

My SVX calendar and CD sales have been profitable enough to help me foot the bill for the SVX models which should prove to be profitable enough to allow me to create other SVX merchandise. I wouldn't mind bankrolling this decal endeavor and taking orders on my site.

I already have an order database set up for the other items on my site and I'll have a shopping cart ordering system online soon.

What is the total price for 1,000 decals? For 2,000?

svxxx26
05-14-2001, 11:37 AM
John, you are THE MAN! :D

Aredubjay
05-14-2001, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by John19688
Or all of them?

My SVX calendar and CD sales have been profitable enough to help me foot the bill for the SVX models which should prove to be profitable enough to allow me to create other SVX merchandise. I wouldn't mind bankrolling this decal endeavor and taking orders on my site.

I already have an order database set up for the other items on my site and I'll have a shopping cart ordering system online soon.

What is the total price for 1,000 decals? For 2,000?

John, sounds great. Get together with SVXcess on the details. He has all the ordering info and the resource. Drop him a PM and see what ya'll can work out.

John19688
05-14-2001, 04:03 PM
Svxcess and I are in the process of e-mailing back and forth over the details. We should have an answer as to WHEN these decals will be available soon.

We'll keep you posted.

John19688
05-15-2001, 09:06 AM
John and John have talked it out...

John (svxcess) will supply the artwork and the knowledge of how to get the decals produced.

John (John19688) will pay for the production and will sell them on his site (www.subarusvx.com). He'll have a shopping cart option on his site soon so ordering will be easy. We may be able to set up an order form on this site as well.

The initial order will be for 500 decals. The cost breakdown for each decal (including postage to send it to buyers) is about $1.75 per decal. To make things simple, the price per decal will be $2.00. :eek:

I would imagine the decals will be ready in a month or less. We'll keep you posted as to when they arrive. If you've "reserved" decals already, we won't hold you to your original order (since the price has gone up). Just go to subarusvx.com and order what you want when they become available.

LarryIII
05-15-2001, 09:55 AM
John, & John,

Put me down for 10 decals.

Larry III :rolleyes: