PDA

View Full Version : Wideband installed

TomsSVX
06-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Finally got off my ass and ordered a wideband... Same one Phil (PhastSVX) has and got it all hooked up...(OT and I welded in the extra bung when we did my exhaust). So far so good but I haven't had any time to really get on it to see what my afrs are like.

Tom

SVXRide
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Finally got off my ass and ordered a wideband... Same one Phil (PhastSVX) has and got it all hooked up...(OT and I welded in the extra bung when we did my exhaust). So far so good but I haven't had any time to really get on it to see what my afrs are like.

Tom

So, what is your AFR at idle and just off idle?
-Bill

TomsSVX
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
in the 18+ range at idle for the most part..(doesn't have a reading past 18.0) and just off idle it shoots back to around 14.5

Tom

cdigerlando
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
in the 18+ range at idle for the most part..(doesn't have a reading past 18.0) and just off idle it shoots back to around 14.5

Tom

Is that with the ECUtune chip and the 750 injectors? Thats pretty good injector control if it is.

TomsSVX
06-15-2007, 11:27 PM
yes... the 740's are runnign very well for being so big.

Tom

longassname
06-16-2007, 06:47 PM
sounds like you have a small vacuum leak

TomsSVX
06-17-2007, 12:32 AM
I probobly do... I need to double check as idle has been funky since I did the exhaust... More to come when I go to the track on tues after some minor weight reduction

tom

SVXRide
06-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I probobly do... I need to double check as idle has been funky since I did the exhaust... More to come when I go to the track on tues after some minor weight reduction

tom

Tom,
How did you block off the EGR when you installed the headers? I'm wondering if the ECU isn't still looking for a signal that it won't get now.
-Bill

Phast SVX
06-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Good to hear Tom, You cannot go wrong. Where did u decide on putting it?

when warm, my car idles right at 14.7:1, give or take 1 to 2 points.

longassname
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
it wouldn't have anything to do with a signal to the ecu..it would be a leak where he blocked it off

Tom,
How did you block off the EGR when you installed the headers? I'm wondering if the ECU isn't still looking for a signal that it won't get now.
-Bill

TomsSVX
06-18-2007, 12:23 AM
if that were the case, it would have leaked before because I made a block off plate that covers the tubing from the EGR to the manifold... But you may be onto something there... I will look into it

Tom

Phast SVX
06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
if that were the case, it would have leaked before because I made a block off plate that covers the tubing from the EGR to the manifold... But you may be onto something there... I will look into it

Tom
Just make a block off plate for the port, or better yet tap it and use it for a real signal line

TomsSVX
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't have an EGR port in the exhaust and I am wondering if that might be a problem since the egr vaccum hoses are all hooked up... At least with the stock manifold there was exhaust running into the EGR now it is cut off from the manifold AND the exhaust and I am wondering if I am losing something somewhere in this region... Esp since my idle issue has started right after I did the exhaust

tom