PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Upgrades?

VectorNut
05-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I just bought a 94 LS-L that's mechanically stock. I'm very happy with it, but I'd be even more happy if it had more power and a slightly louder, nicer sounding exhaust. While trying to keep the costs below $2K or so, what are some recommended upgrades? Intake, exhaust, headers, ECU, etc? I tried searching for it, but I suck at the search, and couldn't find anything like some recommended upgrade paths with reasoning behind them. Or any upgrade paths, at all, for that matter. Thanks!

Crazy_pilot
05-14-2007, 11:32 PM
There isn't a whole ton that can be done to an SVX without major investments. Most of the exhaust mods are custom jobs, and there really isn't anything to be gained by modifying the intake. For the money, I'd say an ECUTune chip is the way to go, either the newest stage 1 chip, or 2V7, which requires new injectors and a new MAF.

The big performance gains come from 5 or 6-speed trannies, or a 4.44 auto trans. Big power means forced induction. Those options (6MT and FI mostly) get pricey very fast.

SVX PlayBoy
05-15-2007, 12:33 AM
What I did was upgrade the brakes to dimple and slotted rotors, new pads, and SS brake lines. You gotta stop right? Next I did the ECUtune chip upgrade, which helps on performance and saves you some money at the pump. I then did the exhaust, replacing everything with a high flower unit, but now that I don't have to pass emmisions anymore. I am running it off the headers now :eek: cause I don't like my neighbors. Like Crazy_Pilot said, Lots of custom work, and lots of money invested. But if you take care of this car it will run forever. I believe a member on here just hit 300,000 on thiers. Mine isn't even 1/3 of that yet! Welcome to the site!