PDA

View Full Version : Misc. Ramblings

LarryIII
04-27-2002, 06:59 AM
We now have 149 SVXers signed-up for this meet. Thanks Colin & Zack.

BLACKSVX92- You are not signed up. Send me an e-mail with the needed info.

I just sent a DP check to the Banquet Facilities. I am planning a buffet style meal for approx 200 people. You get more for the money. I will be discussing menues with them next week. It looks like the price will be approx. $15-$18 per person. Booze will be extra. I am leaning toward soft drinks. It is about 5 miles from the main motel and I want everyone to get back in one piece. COMMENTS PLEASE.

IF ANYONE NEEDS SPECIAL MEALS (VEGETARIAN, KOSHER, LACTOSE FREE, ETC. ) SEND ME AN E-MAIL WITH YOUR NEEDS.

I need help from the SVXers of Lafayette to plan and lead driving tours. Tours should last 2 hrs. max. Please have printed directions with map (I learned that the hard way from the Covered Bridge Tour in Reading) to hand out. Thanks Suby-QA, Pat H., etc. I also need the locales to get in touch with the local Chamber of Commerce and newspapers for publicity.

IMPORTANT: I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY PLAN ON TAKING THE SIAPLANT TOUR ON MODAY 7/22/02. THERE IS LIMITED SPACE. SEND ME AN E-MAIL. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

I have a general map of the area with points of interest thanks to Pat Circle from Homeward Suites. . I have no scanner , but can mail it to someone who can get it posted. Send me an e-mail.

I also will urge everyone to register at one of the main hotels early. I did guarantee them 50 rooms on my credit card. Don't put me in debtor's prison people,

That's all for now. Keep watching this site for further news.

Larry III

richeich
04-27-2002, 08:10 AM
Larry, I sent you an e-mail to your address supplied through the website here. If that's no longer correct, let me know so I can try again.

Oh yeah, I've got the hotel info in front of me. I'll register today! Sorry for the delay.

BLKSVX92
04-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Larry if you are referring to me, i had sent you all my information a couple weeks ago confirming that i will be attending.

I even have the PM in my outbox, but i sent you another PM with all the information again

Def want to go on the tour also :D (2 of us)

LarryIII
04-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by richeich
Larry, I sent you an e-mail to your address supplied through the website here. If that's no longer correct, let me know so I can try again.

Oh yeah, I've got the hotel info in front of me. I'll register today! Sorry for the delay.

Rich,

My e-mail addy is:

l.p.singer@worldnet.att.net

Larry III
PS: I better check my profile here & at Yahoo.

LarryIII
05-12-2002, 03:55 PM
There are now 154 SVXers signed-up for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.
Thanks to Shawn, Gary, David, Mike & Greg.

Mike (BLKSVX92) you are actually #33 on the Sign-Up List. I screwed-up. I'll make it up to you at the meet.

There is a limited number of spots (70-75)available for the SIA Plant Tour. We have 20 already signed up. It's on a first come, first served basis. I intend to cut off sign-ups at the end of May. Chris & Michelle Bishop- your'e not signed up for the Plant Tour.

Finally, I ask everyone to call Patrick Circle to reserve rooms at The Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn (main hotels). His tel. is
765-446-0376 ext.4

Thanks

Larry III
PS: I took photos of SUBYDOO (97 LSi) & SVXY (92 LSL) on Easter.
But I don't have a scanner. I need to get them scanned in.

BLKSVX92
05-12-2002, 11:59 PM
Thanks Larry for getting everything straightened out for the meet and the plant tour

My reservations were made a month or so ago :D

LarryIII
05-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Hi All,

We now have 153 on the Sign-Up List for this meet. Thanks jake.

Please everyone; you need to contact me to get on the SIA plant tour. Send me an e-mail that you want to be on the tour and state the nunber in your party. There are limited spaces and only 18 days left to sign-up for this tour.

Larry III

Earthworm
05-14-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Hi All,

We now have 153 on the Sign-Up List for this meet. Thanks jake.

Please everyone; you need to contact me to get on the SIA plant tour. Send me an e-mail that you want to be on the tour and state the nunber in your party. There are limited spaces and only 18 days left to sign-up for this tour.

Larry III,

is there an updated signup list showing everyone who has signed up so far?

Also is there an online list of the people signed up for the SIA plant tour?

LarryIII
05-15-2002, 05:03 AM
Earthworn,

Both the updated Sign-Up List and Plant Tour List are on a floppy in my briefcase on the desk behind me, right now. I'll try to update the lisis this weekend . They will be in my locker on this site and in my briefcase on the Yahoo SVX Club site. The Yahoo site is really begining to tick me off. I frequent it less and less. That really makes me sad and at the same time I feel angry because of what Yahoo did to it. When it had the old format, I had all the advantages. It had ease of operation and if I needed to find a tech. post I could swing over to this site. Alas all that's gone. I guess I just am being nostalgic and yearning for the 'good ole days'.

Aredubjay
05-15-2002, 08:21 AM
I guess I just am being nostalgic and yearning for the 'good ole days'.

I hear ya, Larry. I have the fondest memories of wisecracks from Unkle Worn and having "Toyo Proxes" as a two-word response to "what kind of tires should I buy?" I also miss the "early blondeman," "Marty Feldman stories" and sparring with the occasional "newbie with an attitude." Those were the good ol' days. *TOOT TOOT*:D

LarryIII
05-15-2002, 07:44 PM
Randy,

In addition, I rembember some zebra striped fur and some bits of blue bathrobe chenile flying around the old Yahoo site.

It was so great, it was Tooopid !!!

Larry III (or to be really nostalgic ) Larry iii

or

At the West Point NY SVX Frank not only yelled TOYO PROXES, he also brought about a dozen cannoli up from "Da City".

richeich
05-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Did anybody ever figure out what happened to Frank? I miss him.:(

Aredubjay
05-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Did anybody ever figure out what happened to Frank? I miss him.:(

Rich,
Larry sent me an e-mail some time ago. Frank had just gotten back from an extended vacation in Florence, Italy. Apparently he got out of the habit of visiting Yahoo, and doesn't post any more. I'm sure Larry can tell you more.

Oh, and be sure to check the air in the tires when they're hot . . . no, cold . . . no, hot . . . no cold . . . :D

LarryIII
05-16-2002, 04:50 AM
Rich,

In honor of Frank ........

TOYO PROXES !!!!!!!

Larry iii

richeich
05-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Oh, and be sure to check the air in the tires when they're hot . . . no, cold . . . no, hot . . . no cold . . .

Actually, that was the last big go-round that I remember before he disappeared, and always wondered if he had gotten so mad he never came back.

Glad to know he's okay.

Aredubjay
05-16-2002, 02:38 PM

Actually, that was the last big go-round that I remember before he disappeared, and always wondered if he had gotten so mad he never came back.

Glad to know he's okay.

YEah, that's why I brought it up :D. The "Frank Mystery" was a fun time. I don't know that he was so much mad as embarrassed, but, at any rate, he left us for Italy. Who can blame him? :D

LarryIII
05-18-2002, 06:29 AM
Hi SVXers,

I just uploaded the latest meet Sign-Up List, SIA Plant Tour List,
Sign-Up Instructions + Agenda, and Main Hotel Info. Both Lists are
in MS Excel. The instructions and hotel info. are in MS Word.

We now have 155 SVX cars sined up to come to this meet. I'd Like to
thank Jake, Justyn and Dennis & Nancy for deciding to join us.
Where else will you ever see over 100 SVXes all in one place at one
time. So "Come One, Come All"!!! It should be GRRRRREEEAAAAATTTT ! (You can only see if Tony Tiger will drive his SVX to the Meet if you come to it.)

Larry III
PS: Please, please, please everyone check the data on the sign-up list, especially you e-mail address.; Send me any corrections.

LarryIII
05-20-2002, 07:18 PM
I spoke with Patrick at the main hotels today. So far, only 27 SVXers have reserved rooms for this meet. I guaranteed 50 rooms on my credit card. I don't want this meet to break my bank.
So sign-up early and often or this meet may knock me out of the 33% bracket.

Larry III

LarryIII
05-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Hi all you SVXers out in SVX Land,

Thanks to Colby & his family, there are now 156 SVXes signed up to attend this meet. Just imagine seeing 150+ SVXes in one place at one time. The mind boggles. I know that I can hardly wait.

The SIA Plant Tour list grows daily by leaps & bounds. We now have 53 people on the plant tour list. The cut off date for regitering for this tour is 5/31/02 or 75 people, whichever comes first. There is only one week left to rgister people. ISIA set these limits. There will be no reprieves. So, if you want to go on the plant tour, send me an e-mail, NOW !!!!!

Larry Singer
Home: l.p.singer@worldnet.att.net
Bus: larry.singer@jacobs.com I'm at work M-T 7:00-5:30,
F 7:00-12:00

PS: The legal dept. wants me to state for the record that the term "SVXer" means all those who currently own an SVX, all those who have previously owned an SVX, and all those who hope to own an SVX someday.
PPS: As far as I know, nobody in the legal dept. owns, did own, or wants to own an SVX.

LarryIII
05-26-2002, 11:20 AM
Hello All you SVXers out there in SVXland,

As of this morning there are now 157 SVXers signed up for the 10th Anniversary Meet.

Thank you Andy C. and your Dad.

They are also the SIA Plant tour.

There are now only 20 spaces on the SIA Plant Tour left and only only one week to sign-up for this tour.

PEOPLE, IF YOU AIN'T ON THE LIST IN ONE WEEK YOU AIN'T GOING ON THE PLANT TOUR.

I can't make it plainer than that.

Larry III

RSVX
05-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Larry, I am in the process of convincing (conning) Maria into showing up at all to the meet, and something tells me that she would like to be a part of the tour as well, so add her would you?

I have made it my personal goal to assure her appearance at the meet, after all what would a meet be without Maria?

See you guys there.

LarryIII
05-27-2002, 04:04 AM
Chris,

I just added Maria to the SIA Plant Tour List.

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Or, in military parlance:

It'sa mission that's above and beyond the call of duty.

Stay safe .... I'll see you at the Meet.

Larry III

LarryIII
05-27-2002, 04:31 AM
Thanks to Larry C.(Andy's dad), we now have 158 SVXes on the 10th Anniv. Meet Sign-Up List.

We have a few multiple SVX families attending this meet.

Larry III

LarryIII
05-30-2002, 10:35 AM
I have recently learned that only about a third of the SVXers who are on the sign-up list have confirmed that they will attend.
half of the "No-Shows have decided not to come and half have bogus e-mail addresses. Please up-date you e-mail addys ASAP.
I am very disheartened right now and feel very let down.

There were 117 SVXes in attendance at the Japanese 10th Anniv. Meet. I wanted to beat that number. But now I ont think that is achievable.

Larry III :( :( :( :( :(

Aredubjay
05-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Okay, boys and girls. What the HE** is going on here? I mean ****, let's get off our ***** and get our **** together and make the ******* commitment to be at this ******* meet.

Is Larry going to have to call his uncle Guido to put some pressure on here?

This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. So, let's ****, or get off the ******* pot. ****!

:D

(DISCLAIMER: Though the liberal use of asterisks was in fun, for Larry's benefit and would be an "inside joke" to some of us, the basic message is serious. I want to meet as many of you as possible at this historic occasion. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make plans to attend. I'll even come dressed in . . . <gulp> . . . YELLOW, if it'll boost attendance. :eek: Thank you.)

wasions
05-30-2002, 01:36 PM
I have recently learned that only about a third of the SVXers who are on the sign-up list have confirmed that they will attend.
half of the "No-Shows have decided not to come and half have bogus e-mail addresses. Please up-date you e-mail addys ASAP.
I am very disheartened right now and feel very let down.

There were 117 SVXes in attendance at the Japanese 10th Anniv. Meet. I wanted to beat that number. But now I ont think that is achievable.

Larry III :( :( :( :( :(

I am thoroughly bummed out! :(

So, you're saying that *only* 52 or so SVX's have been confirmed? That's still a lot more than I've ever seen in one place.

Come to think of it, that's more than I've seen in my lifetime. I'll be there! (Just somebody try to stop me!)

vkykam
05-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Come to think of it, that's more than I've seen in my lifetime. I'll be there! (Just somebody try to stop me!) [/B]

Careful there RW... We don't need to stop you... You're not the one here with the best track record for a car behaving like it should BEFORE OR ON THE WAY to the meet... :p

I'll be there, that's for sure. In fact, I'll book the hotel RIGHT NOW. How's that for commitment! :)

VK

svxcess
05-30-2002, 03:35 PM
...I want to meet as many of you as possible at this historic occasion. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make plans to attend. I'll even come dressed in . . . <gulp> . . . YELLOW, if it'll boost attendance. :eek: Thank you.)

The President has spoken. It is now our patriotic duty to rise to the challenge which has been put before us. The country with the greatest number of known SVX's has got to have the greatest SVX anniversary meet in existence. Don't let the SVX fatherland outdo us.

Aredub's willingness to go that extra mile and do whatever it takes to insure a record-breaking meet is commendable. So hurry... his offer (and this attachment) won't last long so download it while you can.

John thinks to himself: "I know I'm gonna catch a lot of **** (flak?) for lettin this get out"

Aredubjay
05-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by svxcess
[B]

The President has spoken. It is now our patriotic duty to rise to the challenge which has been put before us. The country with the greatest number of known SVX's has got to have the greatest SVX anniversary meet in existance. Don't let the SVX fatherland outdo us.

Aredub's willingness to go that extra mile and do whatever it takes to insure a recordbreaking meet is commendable. So hurry... his offer (and this attachment) won't last long so download it while you can.

John thinks to himself: "I know I'm gonna catch a lot of **** (flak?) for lettin this get out"

I . . . can't . . . breathe. I . . . think . . . I'm . . . hyper . . . ven . . . tillating.

Please . . . someone . . . ugh! . . . call . . . an . . . am . . . bu . . . ack! . . . lance.

I . . . think . . . it's . . . the . . . yak! . . . big . . . one! AAARRRRGGGHHHH! !!!

Beav
05-30-2002, 05:02 PM
The Banana Republic sign in the background is so apropos. :)

Ron Mummert
05-30-2002, 08:42 PM
If we can scrounge up 35 members mostly from those iddy-biddy eastern states to assemble at an obscure hotel in a little-known Pennsy town, in rain & SNOW fer God's sake; it'd be a disgrace if LESS than a hundred didn't make it to a CENTRALLY LOCATED (sorta') USA town in the summertime! I would think the midwest ALONE could muster 100 vehicles. ....unless, of course, they ain't got the kahunas!! (Can I say kahunas?). I think if more members show from east of Indiana than west of Indiana, those western slackers should be made to zymol Aredub's new y****w baby with Q-tips.
Anyone else agree??!!!

Ron roarin'

Beav
05-30-2002, 09:07 PM
I think you mean cajones (drawers - pretty tame.) The big kahuna was Frankie Avalon, if I remember correctly. :p

MNYPNNY
05-30-2002, 09:23 PM
Hey! We westerners have farther to drive!!!

~~ Michelle
*Actually can't wait, love driving my car*

Ron Mummert
05-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Beav
I think you mean cajones (drawers - pretty tame.) The big kahuna was Frankie Avalon, if I remember correctly. :p

D'oh, you're right, Beav; uhhh... I still think Annette had the nice kahunas. ...or was that Sandra Dee? Or were they marachas?
Whatever...
I still bet the EAST can beat the WEST.
Ron.

LarryIII
05-31-2002, 04:34 AM
Ron,

Just one word: DAGMAR !!!

or

Was that a '56 Buick front bumper?

I see you sent your large, economy size Box-O-Asterisks to our new El Presidente'.
(2 birds one stone)

Larry

LarryIII
05-31-2002, 04:51 AM
Because we are a family and in light of this thread I ask all SVXers everywhere to bow our heads say a few prayers for the speedy recovery of one of our own.

The other day I received an e-mail from one of our the senior SVXers on the Yahoo club site. He apologized to me for not being able to come to the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. It seems that his wife has gotten a very bad disease and she has had surgery and is undergoing medication. She is progressing, but it will be a long drawn out recovery period. Many of my relatives on my Mom's side have succumed to this disease, and I can say first hand, that it is not an easy thing to cope with.

I will not mention names but ask all to remember them in your prayers.

Thanks

Larry

Ron Mummert
05-31-2002, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarryIII
[B]Ron,

or

I believe the Dagmar(s) award went to the '54 - '55 Cadillac, although my dad's '55 Buick sported decent "C" cups.

Pointy chrome lover - Ron.

Ron Mummert
05-31-2002, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarryIII
[B]Ron,

or

I believe the Dagmar(s) award went to the '54 - '55 Cadillac, although my dad's '55 Buick sported decent "C" cups.

Pointy chrome lover - Ron.

Aredubjay
05-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Beav

Yeah, I think he meant "cajones" but, should've used "huevos." :D

Ron Mummert
05-31-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, I think he meant "cajones" but, should've used "huevos." :D

That's right, Randy - Just keep egging me on.

Ron.

Aredubjay
05-31-2002, 12:45 PM
What are friends for, Ron. :D I was going to use "pelotas" but, didn't think they actually used it in the same context as we gringos. Pero, quien sabes?:D

Ron Mummert
05-31-2002, 09:05 PM
What are friends for, Ron. :D I was going to use "pelotas" but, didn't think they actually used it in the same context as we gringos. Pero, quien sabes?:D

I think yer nuts, Aredub.
Ron - "The nad-tural"

Aredubjay
05-31-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

I think yer nuts, Aredub.
Ron - "The nad-tural"

EEK! You just reminded me of the commercial I keep seeing for the hair remover developed by a lady from "down under." It's called (I s**t you not) "NAD'S." *Aredub cringes and crosses his legs:eek: *

Anyway, glad to see your on the ball, Ron.

Boone
05-31-2002, 11:41 PM
OK youse guys... :rolleyes:

Beav
06-01-2002, 12:00 AM
Actually I'm glad you've been exposed to this product. After reading several posts referring to your zebra striped speedos I've been hopeful that, should the occasion arise in Lafayette, you would have the male counterpart to a bikini wax performed before exposing the rest of us to your peculiar sartorial preferences. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :p

LarryIII
06-01-2002, 07:17 AM
Time: 7:30 AM
Date: 10/02/00
Place: Burlington, Vermont

Scanario: An unsuspecting Larry receives a requst from Randy J. for a hair dryer. Larry picks up the appliance and ambles over to the other side of the motel. He gets to the right room, and knocks on the door never suspecting the horrible sight that awaits.
The door slowly opens and OH THE HORRORS !!!!!!:eek:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I will say is that after years of psychotherapy and mind altering drugs; I can finally look at zebras on TV or at the zoo.
I still have episodes of being in shell shock but they are fewer and fewer and lessening in severity.

Larry III

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

LarryIII
06-01-2002, 07:35 AM
Hi all SVXers in SVX Land,

We now have 162 SVXers on the sign-up list. My thanks to :

Phil & Dave
Ben & Bob
Bruce & +

I would like to ask all of you to check the Sign-Up List in my locker/briefcase. Please please please check your e-mail addy and correct/update them as required.

Thanks.

Larry III

MoreIBNR
06-03-2002, 09:00 PM
Well, I just got some bad news. I can't make the meet. Even though I didn't "signup" yet, I was trying to arrange it so I could go.

Then the wife drops the bombshell - that's the weekend we have to take my daughter to Yale for a summer program.

What a gyp.

Zeppelin
06-03-2002, 09:32 PM
Can't you convince the family that Yale is in Indiana.....? ;)

ensteele
06-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Larry

I don't know if you are getting my messages, but I have used PM and emailed you to sign up for meet and tour. If you have not got any of these messages, please let me know so I can get you the informaton. I have not heard anything from you yet. Sorry if there was a problem. Thanks for your help.

MoreIBNR
06-03-2002, 10:15 PM
Perhaps if it were Indiana (PA) University I could, but if I could convince them that Yale was in Indiana, then she shouldn't be going there.

It's a lost battle.

Originally posted by Zeppelin
Can't you convince the family that Yale is in Indiana.....? ;)

LarryIII
06-04-2002, 04:44 AM
More IBNR,

You should be very proud of your daughter at Yale.
However, Can Yale teach her how to change the left rear sparkplug on her dad's beloved SVX ? Can Yale adequately explain the nuances of the SVX wiring sytem?

She may graduate from Yale as a Phi Betta Kappa and numero uno in her class, but will she put the wheels on the wrong side?
:D :D :D :D

All kidding aside, congratulations.

Larry III
You need to be an expert in Chaos Theory to figure out my cumulative index.

LarryIII
06-04-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by ensteele93
Larry

I don't know if you are getting my messages, but I have used PM and emailed you to sign up for meet and tour. If you have not got any of these messages, please let me know so I can get you the informaton. I have not heard anything from you yet. Sorry if there was a problem. Thanks for your help.

Enstelle93,

I am not getting any messages from you. You are NOT on the Meet Sign-Up List or the Plant Tour List. Please send me an e-mail with all the required information and I will add you to the Meet List and try to add you to the plant tour list.

My e-mail addys are as follows:

Home: l.p.singer@worldnet.att.net

Work: larry.singer@jacobs.com

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks

Larry III

MoreIBNR
06-04-2002, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the kudos, but they are a little bit premature. My daughter has not yet applied to college - she is finishing up her sophmore yr in HS. This is a summer program for HS students. I don't even know what was involved in getting into it. (and I don't think it is costing me $35,000).

I will be thinking of you guys all weekend.

Take plenty of pictures to post WITH NAMES - BOTH BOARD HANDLES AND NORMAL NAMES.

Thanks and take care.

PS Larry - I have fallen behind - how is the job hunt going?

More IBNR,

You should be very proud of your daughter at Yale.
However, Can Yale teach her how to change the left rear sparkplug on her dad's beloved SVX ? Can Yale adequately explain the nuances of the SVX wiring sytem?

She may graduate from Yale as a Phi Betta Kappa and numero uno in her class, but will she put the wheels on the wrong side?
:D :D :D :D

All kidding aside, congratulations.

Larry III
You need to be an expert in Chaos Theory to figure out my cumulative index.

LarryIII
06-04-2002, 10:16 AM
More IBNR,

Thanks for asking.
I am now with the Jacobs Engineering Group in Conshoken, PA (Just above Philly)for about 6 weeks. It is 33 miles one way from my house. The drive is all expressway. It is ok in the morning, but at night Rte I-476S reminds me of the Long Island Expressway (the world's longest parking lot) We engineer & construct bio-tech & pharmaceutical plants at this location. They are extremely busy and are looking for more people. I have been working OT,
since I started with them.

Good Luck with Yale.

Larry

PS: $35 G's is only good for about 2 semesters at Yale. You better save up.
PPS: Don't forget that the bride's dad also pays for the wedding.
And I'll bet you thought the upkeep on the SVX was expensive.

LarryIII
06-04-2002, 10:24 AM
I just received a call from Pat Circle. As of noon today, only 33 rooms have been reserved at the Hamton Inn & Homewood Suites (main meet hotels)in Lafayette, Ind. I guaranteed 50 rooms on my credit card. I need 17 more SVXers to make reservations ASAP since I hear they still have debtors prison in Indiana. If convicted they make you work off your debt by toiling on a chain gang just outside of Owensboro, Kentucky.

Oh the horrors.

Larry III

vkykam
06-04-2002, 02:41 PM
Larry,

That's OK. Just convince the warden to give you a jumpsuit of a certain colour... :D

For those of you that haven't booked, we're in JUNE already. Before we know it, it'll be meet time.

VK
Lafayette or bust!

I just received a call from Pat Circle. As of noon today, only 33 rooms have been reserved at the Hamton Inn & Homewood Suites (main meet hotels)in Lafayette, Ind. I guaranteed 50 rooms on my credit card. I need 17 more SVXers to make reservations ASAP since I hear they still have debtors prison in Indiana. If convicted they make you work off your debt by toiling on a chain gang just outside of Owensboro, Kentucky.

Oh the horrors.

Larry III

Aredubjay
06-04-2002, 03:30 PM

Oh the horrors.

Larry III

I'll make sure I swing by your location and HONK, every day, Larry. I hope your girlfriend, "Bubba" don't get angry with me. :D:D:D:D

C'mon Folks, get a move on. We don't want Larry to have to become some big sweaty guy's *****! :D:D:D

LarryIII
06-05-2002, 05:07 AM
Randy,

It could be worse.

I could be on a work gang in Ellicot City, MD, toiling on the Box-O-Beer Nuts production line or in some 'holler' in West Virginia forced to listen to inane puns by the locals.

Larry III.
Two birds, one post.
Through good times and bad;
Through sickness and health.

MoreIBNR
06-05-2002, 05:54 AM
Conshoken?? Larry - I think you missed a couple of letters! :D

Are you kidding? I've already done two Bat Mitzvahs!! I know what it's all about (except that part where you have to deal with another family).

Are you enjoying the work? or just enjoy being back at work?

More IBNR,

Thanks for asking.
I am now with the Jacobs Engineering Group in Conshoken, PA (Just above Philly)for about 6 weeks. It is 33 miles one way from my house. The drive is all expressway. It is ok in the morning, but at night Rte I-476S reminds me of the Long Island Expressway (the world's longest parking lot) We engineer & construct bio-tech & pharmaceutical plants at this location. They are extremely busy and are looking for more people. I have been working OT,
since I started with them.

Good Luck with Yale.

Larry

PS: $35 G's is only good for about 2 semesters at Yale. You better save up.
PPS: Don't forget that the bride's dad also pays for the wedding.
And I'll bet you thought the upkeep on the SVX was expensive.

Maria
06-09-2002, 08:24 AM
Chris,

I just added Maria to the SIA Plant Tour List.

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Or, in military parlance:

It'sa mission that's above and beyond the call of duty.

Stay safe .... I'll see you at the Meet.

Larry III

Can't thank the three of you enough. I am wading through tons of information here, trying to figure out (and in awe of) the plans and tours and everything. I've been a bit out of touch (understatement, n'est pas?), and am getting caught up slowly.

Harry has been pushing me like crazy to get on the stick - and I thank him. I am hoping fervently that he will bring his most wonderful wife with him. If you all have a moment, please send an email to Harry with such a plea, to know Ruth is to love her dearly.

On the other hand, Chris has threatened to drag me - kicking and screaming - from the building, into the car, and halfway across the country. :eek: :D I am currently thinking that I am in. I can explain time off to my boss, gross bodily injury I cannot.

So Chris, if I can't reach you today, I will try tomorrow (Monday). Just reading this huge pile of info has the little hairs on my neck standing at attention and pointing outside to the garage where Snoopy is napping. :D

More soon,
Maria

Maria
06-09-2002, 08:29 AM

I . . . can't . . . breathe. I . . . think . . . I'm . . . hyper . . . ven . . . tillating.

Please . . . someone . . . ugh! . . . call . . . an . . . am . . . bu . . . ack! . . . lance.

I . . . think . . . it's . . . the . . . yak! . . . big . . . one! AAARRRRGGGHHHH! !!!

Aredub - I know I've been out oftouch, but what happened? :mad: You've turned on the Pearly? Is it true? Is this just the workings of PhotoShop? Help me, please, need to understand.

What yellow? Who yellow? YOUR YELLOW?!?!? OK. I know I can probably find some pink fuzzy dice for it. :rolleyes: :eek: :D :p

Maria
06-09-2002, 08:31 AM
Because we are a family and in light of this thread I ask all SVXers everywhere to bow our heads say a few prayers for the speedy recovery of one of our own.

The other day I received an e-mail from one of our the senior SVXers on the Yahoo club site. He apologized to me for not being able to come to the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. It seems that his wife has gotten a very bad disease and she has had surgery and is undergoing medication. She is progressing, but it will be a long drawn out recovery period. Many of my relatives on my Mom's side have succumed to this disease, and I can say first hand, that it is not an easy thing to cope with.

I will not mention names but ask all to remember them in your prayers.

Thanks

Larry

Consider it done, Larry. Warm regards and hopeful prayers. Hope all is well.

Maria
06-09-2002, 08:35 AM

Oh the horrors.

Larry III

If you can please tell me which hotel Aredubjay is NOT staying in with his bikini-wax/zebra-stripes/hair-dryer/yellow car......;) :p :D

LarryIII
06-09-2002, 10:10 AM
Maria,

Please send me your current e-mail addy.

Larry Singer

larry.singer@jacobs.com

or

l.p.singer@att.net

PS: Aredub is staying next to me at the Homewood Suites.

Aredubjay
06-09-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Maria

Aredub - I know I've been out oftouch, but what happened? :mad: You've turned on the Pearly? Is it true? Is this just the workings of PhotoShop? Help me, please, need to understand.

What yellow? Who yellow? YOUR YELLOW?!?!? OK. I know I can probably find some pink fuzzy dice for it. :rolleyes: :eek: :D :p

That hideous rendition is the handywork of one John Hoffman, for which I sent him a dubious, one word, PM. It read:

TURD! :D

LarryIII
06-13-2002, 04:48 AM
Hello all you SVXers in SVXland,

We are now up to 163 SVXers on the sign-up list for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.

I like to thank Carl for deciding yo join us in Lafayette. I do have one question for him. "Are you bringing Wally too?"

Larry III

LarryIII
06-13-2002, 04:49 AM

TURD! :D

Randy,

What color is it? Is it the same color that you painted your SVX ?

Larry

Aredubjay
06-13-2002, 08:10 AM

Randy,

What color is it? Is it the same color that you painted your SVX ?

Larry

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

LarryIII
06-13-2002, 09:21 AM
Randy,

I heard a rumor that that will be one of the official colors of the proposed new SVX. It will probably be officially called either
"Baby Do Yellow", or "AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH YELLOW" in your honor.

I'd vote for the second one .

Larry III

LarryIII
06-15-2002, 05:16 AM
Hi all you Svxers in SVXland,

There are now 164 SVXes on the SVX Meet Sign-Up List.
Thanks to Bobby (Solrwind) for deciding to join us.

We may actually beat the Japanese 10th Anniv. Meet attendance record of 117 cars, but I doubt it from what Michelle has been telling me. Come on people, give Michelle a break. Contact her with your new e-mail addys.

I would have posted the new Meet List except that I left it on a disk at work. I'll try to upload it Monday.

Only 5 weeks to go.

I can almost hear the rallying cry: "Lafayette, we are here."

Larry III

LarryIII
06-20-2002, 04:49 AM
Hi all you SVXers out there in SVX land.

There are now 165 SVXers signed up for the Meet.
Thanks Stan & Charlie from Wash. state for deciding to join us.

Pat Circle from the main hotels told me yesterday that the Homewood Suites is booked up. Only rooms at the Hampton Inn are left. There are a total of 43 rooms booked . I need 7 more rooms booked.

I once got a job as asst. mgr. at a supermarket. I walked in the first day and the mgr. greeted me warmly. He handed me a broom and told me that my first tasdk was to sweep the store. I looked at him rather indignantly and told him that I was a college graduate. He said, "That's ok, I'll show you how." :D

Larry III

stanbu815
06-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Hi Larry-
Thanks for the acknowledgement. Glad we can add to the numbers. Just for the record, Charlie and I are not from WA State. I lived in Portland, OR for 5 years and both OR and WA are really beautiful places to live and the folks there are great.
However, I am from the Chicago burbs and my son-in-law, Charlie, is from Southern New Joisey. He is driving down with me from Chicago in my "new" 96 LSi after I pick up him and Earl the Pearl at O'Hare on Thursday night. Earl is from WA and he bought my 92 Pearlie. That's probably where the WA State impression came from.
We're looking forward to meeting you all (Considering where we have lived, we don't have the right to say "y'all")

richeich
06-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Hey Larry, I finally got off my duff today and reserved a room at the Hampton Inn, so make that 6 available.

immortal_suby
06-21-2002, 04:34 PM

Pat Circle from the main hotels told me yesterday that the Homewood Suites is booked up. Only rooms at the Hampton Inn are left. There are a total of 43 rooms booked . I need 7 more rooms booked.

Larry III

I just booked a king suite at the Homewood under the meet name - did someone cancel?

She said this room had a microwave, tub, dishwasher, sleeper couch, king bed, tub, fridge...
Cool! I didn't know you had us booked in this classy a place!

richeich
06-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Pat Circle is a guy. Hopefully if the person you talked to made a mistake, you can still get the cheaper rates.

Chris
06-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Will someone bring me back a hotdog and a shirt?

On second thought, scratch that hotdog.

immortal_suby
06-22-2002, 12:12 PM
I got it for $89 a night

LarryIII
06-22-2002, 02:01 PM
Immortal Suby,

Call Partrick Circle at 765-446-0376 ext. 4.
The price for th Homwood is $79- /night and the Hampton is $62-/night. Call patrick and mention the Subaru SVX Meet and/or my name.

Larry III
PS: Let's see; I save you $10 per night x 2 nights = 1 good scotch for Larry on the Immortal. :D

immortal_suby
06-23-2002, 05:43 AM
Thanks, LarryIII - will this price still be for the king suite room or a smaller room?

vkykam
06-23-2002, 08:33 AM
This is what I Patrick e-mail backed when I asked about the possibility of room sharing, since their web site said two room suites...

"If you decide to double up with another couple, we do have a larger suite available. The Suite that you currently have reserved has a king size bed in the bedroom with a sofa sleeper in the living room that pulls out to a double bed. The bathroom and vanity area is located inside the master bedroom area. The larger suite has the option of either a king size bed or two double beds in the bedroom with a sofa sleeper in the living room. There is a private intrance to the bathroom and vanity area from both the living room and the bedroom. The price difference for this suite is $10 per night. The rate would be $89 + tax per night."

So there are two types of room. Maybe the $79 ones are the ones that are sold out, and Patrick booked you into the $89?

VK

LarryIII
06-28-2002, 04:38 AM
I am very disheartened by the attendance count on the latest list that Michelle sent to me. We have 164 on the Meet Sign-Up List. I just counted only 84 cars (plus a Citroen-Maserati SM & maybe a Buick Grand National) actually coming to the meet.
That's about a 48% drop-out rate. I expected the no-show rate to be about 25%-35%

I am deeply disappointed that we will not beat the Japanese 10th Anniv. SVX Meet of 117 SVXes.
I think, that before we throw stones at SOA & SIA , we should look at our own performance or lack of it.

Larry III :( :mad:

LarryIII
06-30-2002, 03:22 PM
I just loaded the latest SIA Plant Tour List and the latest 10th Anniv. SVX Meet List. Both are in my personal locker.

Larry III
PS: I tried to load a new meet flyer showing Dayle's SVX, but the picture is just too big to load.

Aredubjay
07-01-2002, 10:25 AM
I am very disheartened by the attendance count on the latest list that Michelle sent to me. We have 164 on the Meet Sign-Up List. I just counted only 84 cars (plus a Citroen-Maserati SM & maybe a Buick Grand National) actually coming to the meet.
That's about a 48% drop-out rate. I expected the no-show rate to be about 25%-35%

I am deeply disappointed that we will not beat the Japanese 10th Anniv. SVX Meet of 117 SVXes.
I think, that before we throw stones at SOA & SIA , we should look at our own performance or lack of it.

Larry III :( :mad:

If we're not going to beat the Japanese numbers, I ain't coming.:mad:

Ron Mummert
07-01-2002, 11:00 AM

If we're not going to beat the Japanese numbers, I ain't coming.:mad:

Look at it this way, Randy...... When was the Japanese meet?
Over a year ago? That's one less year they had to destroy their trannies & other critical parts. I'd bet the average Japanese owner doesn't come close to putting the mileage on his/her car the way we commuting freaks do in this country. How far did these pampered cars have to drive to their meet? I realize Japan is larger than Vermont, but how many had to travel 1500 miles to Gunma? There were probably 500 cars within 100 miles of their meeting place. I'd say we're doing OK to muster 100 vehicles, some of which may have to be towed to Indiana. Don't forget to count those multi-SVX families. Not real practical to force LarryIII & Rosie to drive both of 'em just to beat the magic number.

But then again, you ain't serious, because I know if only two cars showed up, you'd be one of 'em.

Ron.

LarryIII
07-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

But then again, you ain't serious, because I know if only two cars showed up, you'd be one of 'em.

Ron.

Ron,

I just can't resist. "And the other one would be painted YELLOW !!"

or,

We can up the total, Ron, if you bring many Boxes-O-SVX.

Thanks for cheering me up.

Larry III

LarryIII
07-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Ron,

Can you pop over to Yahoo SVX Club and go to my briefcase? See if you can read the latest SVX Meet List there. Let me know what happens.

Larry III

Ron Mummert
07-01-2002, 06:01 PM
Ron,

Can you pop over to Yahoo SVX Club and go to my briefcase? See if you can read the latest SVX Meet List there. Let me know what happens.

Larry III

Your briefs... uh, your briefcase says it's empty, however there's a nice commercial about some kind of e-album whatever that is.
It's time to abandon the good ship Yahoo, Larry.

Ron.

richeich
07-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Larry, the last time I was in my Yahoo briefcase a couple of weeks ago, I noticed an ad or a link or something that made it sound like you would have to pay for your briefcase to be viewed by the 'general public'. I wondered about that at the time. Does that mean that nobody can look in there unless we are paid members? That sucks. Friggin' Yahoo...

LarryIII
07-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Rich,

Let tme go check on that now.

Larry

LarryIII
07-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Hi all you SVXers out there,

We now have 167 SVXers on the Meet Sign-Up List.

Thanks to 'Chia' Arafume and his daughter Lisa.

See everyone in Lafayette.

Larry III

LarryIII
07-16-2002, 11:33 AM
I am attaching the latest list for everyone's perusal.

Larry III