PDA

View Full Version : Windows??

Sov13t
05-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Of course there is the undisputed Windex that is just simply amazing...

However what I want to achieve is try to "polish"/cover up the tiny scratches and dimples that have become more noticeable over the years. I was thinking Rain-X? but I have not tried it yet, and was wondering if anyone has tried achieving this and what products have you tried?

-Sov13t.

RSVX
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I have never tried this, but its a thought...

What about the CD repair stuff? If it works for cleaning up the scratches on a CD for a laser to be able to see through it, I would think that it would work on windows too...

Just a thought...

Sov13t
05-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, thats an idea...

I'm going to do more research on this, I was hoping to find something like a "clear wax" or similar that would smooth out all the "imperfections" on the windshield.

RSVX
05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I think thats basically what the CD repair stuff is... but liek I said, I am just guessing here.

It's Just Eric
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
a high end polymer wax might do it...Then again, I wax all my glass anyway, and Ive gotten lucky with scratchless side glass....

Earthworm
05-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I prefer Stoner Invisible Glass for my SVX's windows.

94SubieSVX
07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
I have never tried this, but its a thought...

What about the CD repair stuff? If it works for cleaning up the scratches on a CD for a laser to be able to see through it, I would think that it would work on windows too...

Just a thought...

My CD cleaner is peanut butter...tasty windows:D :D

Laxes
07-08-2007, 09:16 PM
I use stoner invisible glass to keep my windows clean, but i have some bad water spots that stoner (or windex) can not get rid of. Oh and to polish glass i have used some sort of glass polish but it looked pretty horrible with the water spots and the tiny dimples in the glass.