PDA

View Full Version : New paint job soon, what color??

kis86
04-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, I'm ready to paint. The car has *many* small rust spots, a couple turning into BIG ones.

The thing is, I'm not sure what color ? A diff color is about 500 bucks more, but the ones I found look so nice, I just wanted to get some opinions to help me make a decision. One idea I had was Kawasaki Persimmon Red, to match my cycle :D

#1 Rule when looking at this: I hate the "tuner" or "ricer" look. I like neat colors, but I don't want a teen machine. :P Let me know what you think!

p.s. the car has black(grey) seats, just in case it matters :p

Thanks for your help!

ensteele
04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Polo green is a nice color and would save some money, but the Prowler Orange with a black top would be very unique. :D

Sov13t
04-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I love Laguna Blue on the SVX :)

dannmarr
04-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree, Laguna Blue with a black top on the SVX is the best look.

kis86
04-18-2007, 02:13 PM
blue is a nice color, but I'm just not a blue car type of person...nor am I a fan of black paint on my own vehicle :o thanks guys, keep the suggestions coming!

sicksubie
04-18-2007, 02:48 PM
The G35 red is an amazing paint. It would look great and not look like an aftermarket paint scheme.

It's Just Eric
04-18-2007, 03:38 PM
prowler orange ftw

Also, if your considering a very custom color, take a look at GM's 961L. It's a 3 stage pearl consisting of a pearl white basecoat and a gold pearl mid coat. The beuty of it is that you can switch the mid coat pearl with prettymuch any color (Except red) The color has a very pronounced effect on subtle curves and edges

JaySVX
04-19-2007, 08:07 AM
I think the stock look would be best, plus i've seen to many repaints gone wrong when changing colors, from door sils to engine bay, etc. I want to get mine done in a few months, and am remaining stock barcalona red, perhaps making the roof and trunk black.

lovemysvx
04-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Prowler orange would be so fly... :D

Crazy_pilot
04-23-2007, 02:40 AM
I'll say orange for now, but that's just how I feel today.

My prefered colour for almost anything is black, I tend to stay away from the flashier shades.

jman050
04-23-2007, 10:56 AM
black is the only way to go for any car...they shouldnt even make other colors

kis86
04-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks for all your input! The car gets dropped off hopefully tomorrow afternoon...haven't decided yet. Looks like it's pretty close...why does no one like yellow? Is the dislike for it specific to this car, or is yellow just not favored in general? :p

Hocrest
04-24-2007, 11:07 AM
black is the only way to go for any car...they shouldnt even make other colors

So you're black bumper mennonite???? we may be cousins :cool:

Nomake Wan
04-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I would totally go with black... I freaking love black SVXs (but maybe I'm biased).:D

Infiniti red would look awesome though. Going with that.

kis86
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, paint has been put on hold for a couple months. My front diff. went out, and I decided to go with the 4.44 swap since the tranny will need to come out anyway. I'm still very interested in seeing what you guys think about colors! It's nice in a way to have more time to think about this...just no black plz ;) not my favorite color on a car.

svxistentialist
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the tranny trouble.

My colour vote is for something a little different. Use the Prowler Orange. I can't tell for sure from your pic, but it looks like a candy colour [and so will be expensive to apply properly!:rolleyes: ]

The reason I like this colour [color] from your selection, Michelle has already used a similar colour for her car, copper metallic, that is close to this orange. Now if you look at Michelle's car, you wonder why Subaru did not use this colour, this combination. It suits the bulbous shape of the car, makes the SVX more special.

Now the reason I did not click the Plymouth Prowler Orange and black top button, is because I think you can make your car look stunning with a small change from the game plan; paint the roof Plymouth Orange, but make the trunk lid and side panel black.[OK, OK ,OK, you don't like black, but think about this.:rolleyes: ]

From the side, the car will look slim, the black trunk lid and side panel will visually rob some height.

If you want to look totally cool, blacken the windows. Along with the black trunk lid, your car will look like it is warm and like sunshine, and the glass plus trunk section will look like it is wearing sunglasses.

Now THAT is cool.

Joe:)

It's Just Eric
05-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Dont blame ya on the lack of black....It is SUCH a ***** to keep clean (especially if you've ever had to detail a black car just hours after it was sprayed)