PDA

View Full Version : just test drove the lowered SVX!!!!!!!

1994SubaruSVX
05-09-2001, 12:00 PM
i just test drove my car with koni's and ground controls, lowered two inches. i expected a rough ride and was shocked when the ride was still smooth. dont get me wrong i could detect the firmer suspension, but it was not at all jarring. there is no roll, i mean none. i took a near 90 degree turn at about 40 and the car laughed at me! but just as impressive as the ride, the car just looks.....oh hell i am speechless!! i can not wait to hit the roadcourse in october. now to round the car out cosmetically i am going to get my brake calipers painted yellow. but that will have to wait until i get back from mexico. i will eventually post some pics of before and after so everyone can see. oh by the way, just in case someone else goes this route, my rear struts are not adjustable. only the front ones are adjustable. chuck for now i have the front set on the softest setting and the car feels completely comfortable to me. the most awesome thing is the response, i feel really connected to the car now. when i make a correction or give some input the car is immediately responds there is no delay and no waiting to make my next move after the weight of the car transfers. chuck you have got to take yours and get it lowered at least one inch if not two like mine. you will be so happy with the results. all in all if you can not tell by now i am jazzed about the results, money well spent! :D

svxboy
05-10-2001, 04:14 AM
PICS PLEASE!

cdigerlando
05-13-2001, 08:06 PM
Great!!!! I am glad to hear you are pleased. Isn't it just like I said. Better power, steering, braking response?

What made you decide to go softest all the way around? I have not done this yet. I may do a lowering all the way around and readjust the rears and fronts to the softest setting. The rears are a pain.

If you have ever driven mine you would think it is jarring. Not as comfortable as my WRX even. I may take your advice. What the heck. Thats what mods are for right? JUst hope I don't tear off that expensive turbo collecter pipe. Yikes.

My next biggy is Tec II pem and injectors to feed that big turbo of mine. Once that is done GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!

Ch

svxboy
05-15-2001, 02:13 AM
a

FlagstaffSVX
05-16-2001, 01:58 AM
Sounds great 1994 Subaru SVX but please keep us posted on the damage done to the car from speed bumps. ;-) This may be a mod that I do in the far future but I want to make sure she's not gonna scrape the ground in a hard turn or going up a curb. (some places only have the rounded curve for a driveway) If you have any problems with it keep us posted, otherwise, go tear it up around the corners!

1994SubaruSVX
05-16-2001, 11:23 AM
finally got back from mexico and got the car back yesterday. oh boy is it a completely different car. definitely more rigid but still smooth. the car is incredibly responsive and the look is awesome. i dont forsee any real problems with scraping. i have gone over big speed bumps already and out some steep driveways and have not had a problem. i think the stock suspension has alot to do with the nose diving down when you come out of a deep driveway. the suspension is rigid now so the nose dive is not so bad. had the brake calipers painted yellow yesterday so now the car just looks completely awesome. went to a local performance accessories shop and people were just oogling over the car. nice wheels, nice brakes, did you lower it?, what's up with the windows? you know fun stuff. the only gripe i have is how expensive it was to have done. i think the guy that did it was a little slow. but i think he was just really trying to do a great job. i took it to another shop for inspection and they said the welds looked great. took the kid 11 hours at $65 an hour to do the work. oh well it was worth it the car drives great the suspension is firm and the car looks completely different. i will take some pics soon and post them.

cdigerlando
05-16-2001, 08:03 PM
That's what I wanted to hear. No scraping. Hit any big turns? Still no rubbing. That does it. I'm doing it!! 2 inches???

I noticed the same thing about the nose dive. You are right on.

Car is completly different. I love it!!!

Too bad. I don't even like my new WRX anymore....not. But the SVX is VERY respectable and superior in many ways. Especially with these new mods.

I painted my rotors yellow too. Check out the pics on SVXtreme under Chuck's Turbo.

1994SubaruSVX
05-17-2001, 08:16 AM
i was doing about 80mph yesterday and i just nailed the brakes. the car was completely under control and the dive was minimal. before when i hit the brakes really hard at high speed i could really feel the rear of the car lift and the front dive down. now it is minimal and the car doesnt get squirrely. plus the car just looks awesome. i cant say it enough, my best friend saw the car yesterday and was just in awe! for some reason in the front it makes the car look wider and i like that. i guess because it is lower. what i like most besides the handling is the way the front wheel well looks now. that annoying space above the tire is history and it looks great. chuck you have got to lower it, i promise you there is no more danger of bottoming out the front as there was before. oh and you should also probably set you car to the softest setting and then increase the setting as the struts wear. well that is what koni told me to do anyway. trust me you will be completely impressed with the results and it will compliment you turbo very nicely.:cool:

cdigerlando
05-18-2001, 02:22 PM
You convinced me a few threads ago. Keep me posted. I love to hear the stories.

1994SubaruSVX
05-21-2001, 12:45 PM
going to a restaurant this past weekend. pulled into a space and just nailed the concrete parking block. the car is just high enough that the spoiler slipped over the block but damn the noise was loud. i thought for sure i busted it but the damn thing did not even have a scratch. lesson learned! no more pulling in quickly to a parking space. use this as a lesson chuck you will not be able pull too far into a space after this mod. but screw it because it is totally worth it. everyone looks at my car now. people pass me and just stare now, they dont even care if i see them staring. when i wax the car then it gets really ridiculous. can not wait to see pics of yours.