PDA

View Full Version : Reading not to be

SVX-FF
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Well the meet monster struck early this year. I have been having tranny problem again and was hoping that It would make it until after Reading. It was not to be. I am having my 5th tranny installed in 4 years. :eek: The first one was a salvage one, lasted a year, the 2nd one lasted a year, 4rd and 4th were junk from the start. and the 4th was a 3k rebuild. the 5th is a warranty rebuild. I told them I do not want the car back until it runs right and NO flaring. I had to order a flex plate, cracked, and a new radiator to make my warranty guy happy. What is 170 dollars for a new tranny. The rad was cracked anyway.

It sucks that I am just in North York and still can not manage to make a Reading meet. I will spend this Saturday doing something just as important. My 2 year old daughter is getting her first swing set. I get to build it. :D
It should last as there are no transmissions or timing belts involved with the swing set. :eek: :D

Hope that all have a blast at Reading. I can always try to make next year.

Steve

svxfiles
04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
How far away is North York?

Hocrest
04-16-2007, 07:35 PM
45 minutes, 30 if Di is driving:D

Sorry you can't make it Steve.

svxfiles
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
45 minutes, 30 if Di is driving:D

Sorry you can't make it Steve.
Steve, I can pick you up, and drop you off!:D

You can build the swingset Sunday!

SVXRide
04-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Cracked flexplate? Missing one of the guidepins by any chance?:eek:
-Bill

SVX-FF
04-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Tom that sounds great, I do need to check with the boss first. I also have to make sure my dad is available to help on Sunday instead of Saturday.

I will let you know one way or the other.

Steve

svxfiles
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Tom that sounds great, I do need to check with the boss first. I also have to make sure my dad is available to help on Sunday instead of Saturday.

I will let you know one way or the other.

Steve
You have my #.:)

TomsSVX
04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
i might be able to have my teal there if you want an SVX to drive;)

Tom

SVX-FF
04-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Cracked flexplate? Missing one of the guidepins by any chance?:eek:
-Bill

That I do not know. Was making noise ever sence I got her back from the last tranny rebuilt in MN. About 15 months ago.

Steve

SVX-FF
04-18-2007, 07:28 AM
OK I will be able to make it on Saturday only.

I can drive out there if you all do not mind a 86 Volvo snotting up the beautiful scenery :D

Young Tom - If you have your teal there I would like to drive it. BIG thanks.

Old Tom - Thanks for the ride offer, I will call ya.

Steve

TomsSVX
04-18-2007, 07:49 AM
i will see if I can get a driver

Tom

Romantt8
04-18-2007, 09:32 AM
OK I will be able to make it on Saturday only.

I can drive out there if you all do not mind a 86 Volvo snotting up the beautiful scenery :D

Young Tom - If you have your teal there I would like to drive it. BIG thanks.

Old Tom - Thanks for the ride offer, I will call ya.

Steve

What kind of Volvo? I used to run turbo 740s. They can be pretty quick with a bit of work.... Or an MBC set to 13+ psi ;).

SVX-FF
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
What kind of Volvo? I used to run turbo 740s. They can be pretty quick with a bit of work.... Or an MBC set to 13+ psi ;).

It is a smokin fast 240 DL, I-4, 85hp, 5 speed. A nice fades blue color. Arm power seats, windows. It has working A/C, and not the 4/65 kind :D.
It is a free loaner car that get 30mpg on low grade.

Steve

Hocrest
04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey... Whatever it takes to get ya to Reading :D

It'll be nice to meet you again... You're not gonna make me carry heavy boxes this time are you??:( :D :D ;)

SVX-FF
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey... Whatever it takes to get ya to Reading :D

It'll be nice to meet you again... You're not gonna make me carry heavy boxes this time are you??:( :D :D ;)

Not anytime soon Dave. :D

The only box I might bring is a tool box, if the Toms' need an extra hand?

Steve

TomsSVX
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
:D cool beans!! I got your car all lined up and it will be there for you on Saturday!! I'll see ya then... and exploit your offer for help:D :)

Tom

ensteele
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
My hands will be ready for work as well. :D :D

SVX-FF
04-19-2007, 06:21 AM
:D cool beans!! I got your car all lined up and it will be there for you on Saturday!! I'll see ya then... and exploit your offer for help:D :)

Tom

If I get up at my normal time of 5am (that's 2am for you Earl :eek: ), then I should be at Reading by 6:30am. What time is breakfast?

Tom what tools do you want me to bring extra besides the standard stuff. I know I will bring you rubbers. Gloves that is. :D We do not want nappy dirty hands at lunch.

Steve

strange179
04-19-2007, 10:26 AM
I'll also be bringing a bunch of tools, parts, hand cleaner :rolleyes:, and such. Tom will probably remember my help with the brakes on his silver last year as well as my help with a late night throttle cable replacement on a black one (although I can't remember the owner's name) and I'll be prepared to assist in the undertaking of just about any SVX repair/work. Looks like we should have much better weather than last year which will make it so much better to be lying under or hunched over an SVX.
Justin

Romantt8
04-19-2007, 11:17 AM
It is a smokin fast 240 DL, I-4, 85hp, 5 speed. A nice fades blue color. Arm power seats, windows. It has working A/C, and not the 4/65 kind :D.
It is a free loaner car that get 30mpg on low grade.

Steve

:cool: Slap a Garrett T3 on that thing, and run megasquirt. They make hilarious drift cars. You can get coil overs etc. for them too.

JaySVX
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll also be bringing a bunch of tools, parts, hand cleaner :rolleyes:, and such. Tom will probably remember my help with the brakes on his silver last year as well as my help with a late night throttle cable replacement on a black one (although I can't remember the owner's name) and I'll be prepared to assist in the undertaking of just about any SVX repair/work. Looks like we should have much better weather than last year which will make it so much better to be lying under or hunched over an SVX.
Justin

Great to hear! I hope to use reading as an opertunity to get some ideas from people who really know what's up with my car(exhaust leak, ps leak, brake popping) and get repaired what i can.