PDA

View Full Version : koni / GC / strut mount question

YourConfused
04-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I am doing the koni/GC swap tomorrow (and probably the next day too) . I have one major question concerning the process.

With the rear struts being a compress and twist design I don't want to have to take things apart multiple times. SO WHAT SETTING ARE YOU GUYS RUNNING YOUR STRUTS AT?
the other question I had was there any of you that have had problems with the rear strut mounts after the conversion? I saw that Mychailo sells some upgrade mount. Is this needed? Anyone have it? I planned on taking my mounts in to work over the weekend and just making some (if truly needed) out of some billet.

Thanks for the help guys.

YourConfused
04-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Anybody? any sujestions would be appreciated.
thanks.

TomsSVX
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
I use stock mounts... They provide a buffer in case of rattle... I have used them before and continue to use them

Tom

TomsSVX
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
I also run full firm all the time, but I only drive to functions of which I will be performing... If you are going to drive it daily I would take a full turn off firm on all 4

Tom

YourConfused
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the input. I will be driving this car daily so I would like a little bit of forgiveness in the suspension. I am taking a few pics so I can post the process in my locker sometime too.

cdigerlando
04-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I run close to full soft. The drive was too miserable. You might want to do this just for break in then readjust later if you want more. The full on setting is awefull, but the car transforms into a handling beast.

Dessertrunner
05-04-2007, 05:03 AM
Are the Koni double acting shocks?

TomsSVX
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
dual adjustable is what I figure you are asking... (shock and rebound) No they are not... But wawazat?? is working on that

Tom

Dessertrunner
05-04-2007, 10:06 AM
The reason I ask Tom is that the DMS I am running are but the issue that bugs me is that they have bushes in the strut tops and they only last 50,000 k so its a pain because I have to remove them and get them rebushed regulatorly, not to mention the cost.
Tony

mbtoloczko
05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I use stock mounts... They provide a buffer in case of rattle... I have used them before and continue to use them

Tom

My upgraded rear mounts also transmit load through a rubber donut like the OEM rear mounts, but the donut is much more firm and doesn't allow any free play. Its very analagous to upgrading suspension bushings with urethane pieces. Its more of an issue with the OEM rear top mounts because their design actually allows 1/4"-1/3" of essentially free play. The fronts don't have that same kind of free play.

Tom, my shipment of rear top mounts arrived yesterday. I'll get the set for your customer in the mail on Saturday.

SVXRide
05-04-2007, 01:10 PM
My upgraded rear mounts also transmit load through a rubber donut like the OEM rear mounts, but the donut is much more firm and doesn't allow any free play. Its very analagous to upgrading suspension bushings with urethane pieces. Its more of an issue with the OEM rear top mounts because their design actually allows 1/4"-1/3" of essentially free play. The fronts don't have that same kind of free play.

Tom, my shipment of rear top mounts arrived yesterday. I'll get the set for your customer in the mail on Saturday.

Mychailo,
Does this mine will be in the mail on Saturday?:cool:
-Bill

mbtoloczko
05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Sure does. :-)

TomsSVX
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
what about my coil-overs?? I got the konis but no ground controls?:confused:

Tom

SVXRide
05-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Sure does. :-)

Nice!:cool: :cool:
-Bill

SVXRide
05-04-2007, 02:31 PM
what about my coil-overs?? I got the konis but no ground controls?:confused:

Tom

because you're not worthy?;) :p
-Bill

mbtoloczko
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
because you're not worthy?;) :p
-Bill

Damn, this is a tough crowd! ;-) Tom, they shipped out of GC on Tuesday. You should have the no later than Tuesday of next week.

TomsSVX
05-04-2007, 11:34 PM
thanks... just making sure they weren't lost thats all

Tom

YourConfused
05-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Any chance at seeing a few pics of these special mounts? Just wondering how they compare to the ones I made. I was trying to put some pics of my rear mounts in my locker, but I'm not sure how to do that. Hmmm...